My work. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-31-13, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Dragblud da scrunka's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default My work.

So I thought I may as well just have it all in one thread since its all bits and pieces and I chop and change alot.

Anyway I currently have 3 projects.

Number one is my orks trying to rebuild it into a 1500 point force.
Link: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=117765

Number 2 is my space marines chapter which need alot of work rewriting into more concise fluff and models. Link : https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=109602

Number 3 is a scenario sort of project where I am using the medusa model (pics below) and building a hareem of concubines, guards and other bits.

Also I will hopefully be investing in other new models etc.

Ohh before I go into anything else I have a commission piece to finish up so itll go in here too.

So its 31/01/2013. And here is my work over the past week.

To begin a quick picture of Azurman, his left arm is needing the shuriken cannon fixing onto but just needs sharpening edges and priming then sent!

WP_20130131_001.jpg

So my orks I have been making a commandos, 6 in total from old ork bodies as they are shorter and more stealthy apperance when finished. I liked the forge world kommando masks so I am trying to use that same style and using a cloak like Space marine scouts also makes them alittle more stealthy. Armed with "silenced" shootas and killy knives.

WP_20130131_046.jpgWP_20130131_050.jpg

So onto my Space marines. Currently I'm on my terminators i changed their pose as the stock was boring as hell. I almost finished the seargeant apart from his base, As he is the first mini I have finished properly Im still on the fence on how to base him. But I want a water/shoreline effect but don't know how help? So Im chuffed to bits Really enjoyed painting them and also i think Im actually improving! :D So here is some for you guys.

WP_20130131_034.jpgWP_20130131_035.jpg

WP_20130131_038.jpgWP_20130131_039.jpg

WP_20130131_040.jpgWP_20130131_041.jpg

WP_20130131_042.jpgWP_20130131_043.jpg

WP_20130131_044.jpgWP_20130131_045.jpg

Right I now have maximum amount of images so will post again about my medusa project.

Now I really want feedback I want to improve and can't without as much input as possible the more the better guys and gals!

Thanks in advance

WAAAAGH Dragblud
W: 22 D: 6 L: 13

Space marines: Krakens Fury! (TBF)
W: 0 D: 0 L: 0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-31-13, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Finally My medusa hareem Project, I salute you guys that have kept with me and would be even better if you told me what you think.
I finished her as much as possible i will relook at it later and touch her up (not in that way )

Ohh btw there is slight nudity

WP_20130131_059.jpgWP_20130131_060.jpg

WP_20130131_061.jpgWP_20130131_062.jpg

Again feedback is wanted and appreciated Thanks!

WAAAAGH Dragblud

post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-01-13, 12:26 AM
The Curmudgeon

jonileth's Flag is: USA

All of them look outstanding. Keep up the good work ^_^

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-06-13, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Jonileth!

So here is some of the stuff ive been up to.

I have entered into the monthly painting deathmatch with an Eldar farseer, itll be interesting since i havent done a large amount of painting on eldar apart from 2 others. Im interested to see how my colours work out.

Obivously started with black base coat, my colours will be red, yellow and white. I want to aim for clean but vivid colours. Only problem is the small soulstones and what colour!?!
WP_20130206_032.jpgWP_20130206_033.jpg
The colour is quite crap and splodgy but i want to get the colours in the right places and I'm abit tired group projects etc.

Haven't done anything on my space marines. But on another note I have got aload of Chaos marines and I thought it could be interesting to have a chapter that was split and they still bear the same colours but oppossite way around and it may be in the end they would rather fight to keep each other alive even those bonds never truly break.

Anyways Most of its for sale please have a look and see I only need a certain amount of money back so it will be quite cheap ;P

My 3rd project has got 3 more bodyguards. Taking shape the "tent" will have lots of guards from different backgrounds these boyos will be at the entrance, Liquid green stuff basis for emblems are sloppy but i will be building them up I like the uniform look so may go simple colours and almost make them look statuesque.
WP_20130206_030.jpgWP_20130206_034.jpg
Im kinda having a tantrum with my orks I need more troops but lack the nerve to buy the 2 boxes od boys and paint green for the next week, I will get over it, also its the fact In GW the shop guy had his orks and has about 10xs as much and its painted Blearugh !

Don't mind the complaining and Please comment if you are that way inclined. Comment, critisism, Praise and abuse is all accepted! To a point ;)

WAAAAGH Dragblud

post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-07-13, 01:12 AM

Quick tip, i noticed finger prints on the cowel of your ork boy, to avoid this make sure our finger tips are wet (not dripping just slightly wet) and rub the area a little to smooth out the finger marks. Other option would be to use some kind of soft tool to use instead.
Hope thats helpfull!
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-07-13, 06:09 AM
Powered by Squig Tea

Viscount Vash's Flag is: England

Ahh Ork Boyz blues, I know it well.

I started off with Trukk mobs to get a base number of gitz, now all I have to do is paint some when I can be bothered to try to expand them to decent footslogging mobs.
The plan is/was to paint a random couple of boyz in between all the vehicles that I really want to do.
It's kinda working, I now have 13x Slugga Boyz, 12x 'Ard Boyz and 10x Shoota Boyz, The plan atm is to do another Trukks worth of Shoota Boyz and merge the 2 mobs if they are gonna have to walk.

For your Farseer I'd suggest blue for the spirit stones as it is the 1st colour that springs to mind that will not be lost in the Red,Yellow and White of the rest of him.

Nice stuff Scrunka, look forward to seeing what pops up next.
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-08-13, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

Hello all and welcome to the midnight review of today! :D

Well I have done alot more than i thought i would today which warranted a post

So a fiver if you can guess what I'm using this for?
WP_20130207_002.jpg
(DISCLAIMER NO REAL MONEY! ;) )

Anyway I finished building up the symbols on my guards shields, undercoated them and also got basic colours on one of them. I think there should be red on them so that is what the fur will most likely be.
WP_20130207_004.jpg
WP_20130207_010.jpgWP_20130207_011.jpg
WP_20130207_048.jpgWP_20130207_050.jpg

Secondly, My farseer. After battling with watery yellow that pooled and cracked i found mixing it up and lots of blended solved the problem. It needs revisiting and better pictures but here is so far.
WP_20130207_029.jpg

Orkses next! After apologising to the boss I finished a few Kommandos. Still lacking nerve to put paint on them I still think some of the postures need changing. Also as you can see they are very cut and stuck with odd proportions and I quite like the idea of higeldy pigeldy sized ninja orks sneaking through an encampment.
WP_20130207_031.jpgWP_20130207_033.jpg
WP_20130207_034.jpgWP_20130207_038.jpg
WP_20130207_040.jpg
The Textures on the cloaks seem to be a happy accident, while thinning out the greenstuff as soon as any tool touched it it would rip so lightly sticking on got this effect which once painted I recon will resemble cloth?

No Space marines tonight I'm afraid the termie captain was giving me evils so i let him be.

Now I was pondering today about my hareem/command tent. Since I am buying and painting the minis I really need to design what the room will look like. So on my to do list for the weekend:

1. Uni work
2. Uni work.
3. Draw layout and design of possible hareem like structure.
4. Change Kommando posture
5. Prime Kommandos.
6. Paint anything but orks.
7. Take some better pictures.

The list goes on but I don't wanna bore you guys more than I need to.

I appreciate all your comments guys! and gals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charandris View Post
Quick tip, i noticed finger prints on the cowel of your ork boy, to avoid this make sure our finger tips are wet (not dripping just slightly wet) and rub the area a little to smooth out the finger marks. Other option would be to use some kind of soft tool to use instead.
Hope thats helpfull!
Thanks yeah I found using this made the symbols alot more clean and I actually found a use for some of my tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscount Vash View Post
Ahh Ork Boyz blues, I know it well.

For your Farseer I'd suggest blue for the spirit stones as it is the 1st colour that springs to mind that will not be lost in the Red,Yellow and White of the rest of him.

Nice stuff Scrunka, look forward to seeing what pops up next.
I see vehicles to help it along. Hmm I do have a battlewagon and a Kustom bomma to paint, but im wussing out painting them too :/ lost cause I think i may get there eventually.

Blue is the way to go I do concur and thanks

WAAAAGH Dragblud

post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-08-13, 12:03 PM
jameschalkywhite's Flag is: United Kingdom

Flesh Hound of Khorne? XD Loving your termi's power sword, really effective
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-08-13, 01:38 PM
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA

Looks nice. How long does it take you to complete one figure, on average?

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-08-13, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschalkywhite View Post
Flesh Hound of Khorne? XD Loving your termi's power sword, really effective
Hahah no fraid not ;) Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaLkAwaY View Post
Looks nice. How long does it take you to complete one figure, on average?
Hey Well depending on the figure, A normal Eldar figure I could finish it it about 2-3 hours or fast paced about an hour. Depends how I feel really if it was for someone else a happy medium

Thanks guys! and Gals!

WAAAAGH Dragblud

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode