Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

What did you work on today?

76K views 672 replies 109 participants last post by  friar76 
#1 ·
Jacobite came up with a interesting idea the other day for a thread where members could post a update on what hobby stuff they have been up to each day.

This is not to replace project logs or modelling or painting just to post things that don't always fit into a current ongoing projects or just link in to an existing project log, fiction piece or a bit of fluff you are trying to write anything as long as it is hobby based.

Staff may also use this to mention things they are working on for the Forums.

A few pictures may be included to help show what you have been up to and links to other parts of the forum can also be included if you like.

To keep this as well organised as possible pop up you activities under a heading for the area it would normally be posted under.

#2 · (Edited)
Hello all,
here is my last days activity to use as an example of the sort of thing this thread is for.

Hopefully better ones will pop up later :)

Painting
Today I dug out a Nob Biker I converted up some time ago and started getting some paint onto him. For me this is a plan to push on with a Wazdakka Gutsmek bike,kopta, buggy and skorcha army.

The link to the Plog can be found below.
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57978&page=48 Post 239 is the most recent.

Modelling.
Apart from sorting through boxes for lost bikers and parts for Buggies and Skorchas not much has been achieved. Started prepping some second hand bikes though.

Fluff.
I made a poor start to writing a bit of background for my freshly named Warboss today and the Blitz Brigade in the Homebrew section.
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=120300

#3 · (Edited)
Painting: This morning I finished off the SM Assault Squad that has been sat upon my desk for 12 months. My attention has now shifted to a couple of SM bikes and Scouts to finish off some other units.

Modelling: Not much really, except bitz shopping for another Terminator squad :)

#12 · (Edited)
Painting/Modelling:Today I've been working on the bases for the aforementioned Scouts & Assault Squad.
Hopefully have them done tomorrow. :)

#4 ·
Painting:
I painted three Sanguinary Guard models a marble white, much to my disappointing it looked less impressive after I took a second and third look.

Modelling:
I made two gear racks for my Kroot to go with the encampment I'm currently building for them.

#7 · (Edited)
Right I should probably post something in here shouldn't I.

Painting: Today I'm going to be finishing off the two scouts I started painting yesterday. This is what they looked like at the start of yesterday:

And this is what they looked like at the end of last night:

Just got the leathers to do, bit of a wash on the bases, right shoulder unit marking and metal bits on their heads to do, plus touch ups and weathering.

Modelling: I'll most likely try and chip away more at some Land Speeder Storms I'm converting up from 2 ruined Land Speeders I have lying around.

#8 ·
For me Yesterday was

Modelling

A Vindicare and Eversor Assassin from Statuesque Miniatures

and some magnetic Termis with the Forgeworld Salamander Pauldrons.

Painting

So today it will be some paint for these bad boys and girls !

#10 ·
Painting.
This night I started painting an eldar sniper (see my WIP) and washing a GK (who at the moment looks like a steel statue). Hopefully I'll have some wip pics of it tomorrow.

#11 ·
Painting

Got quite a bit done last night and today. I've started the Krell, Lord of Undeath that's been sat primered in my case for about 8 months and it already looks pretty good. Then again it's hard to mess up that particular model - it looks good no matter what ;)

I also made a start on one of the 5 chaos knights that are sat on my paint station - just doing the one to start with to test a recipe for reds and I'm happy with how it turned out so I'll be doing the rest of them like that too - I just need to practice edge highlighting and find a good colour that's not too orange.

Modelling

I've been working on the banner top for my Knights Harlequin standard bearer. I'm using the state troops skull and crossed swords banner top with the swords and laurel cut off and repositioned and then lots of greenstuff to add more bits and I have the slight resemblance of a skull in a jester hat. I'll post pics when I get time and of course update my plog when I finish :)

#13 ·
Collecting:
Gathered bits for my Death Watch squad.

Modeling:
Restored over 32 broken Space Marines who were missing arms, heads or weapons.

Writing:
Made slight progress on a short story about said Death Watch squad and written a substantial part of another piece of fiction.

#14 ·
Painting
Ahriman robes and head. Abbadon Trim and Weapons.

Modeling
Working on putting the Lightning Claws on my 10 man Term Assault squad, and trying to figure out how to turn assembly line Loyalist Models into Chaos Terms.

Other
Hand rebinding the hardcover Binding for the collected works of Percy Shelly.

...... Its a full day.

#16 ·
Painting
I finally started with something that's been laying on my desk for a while.

#17 ·
Yesterdays efforts were limited.

Painting
Whilst Papa Nurgle is visiting I have given up on painting, with snotty nose and streaming eyes I'm having trouble seeing much lol.

Modelling
Bit more success on the glue and knife front as long as I take my time and put the knife down before I sneeze.
Managed to get a second hand bike up and ready to paint.

There are a couple more pictures in my plog.
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1329722

#18 ·
So:

Modelling: Today I disassembled three second hand Chaos Termies with lightening claws (the CSM Termie Lord Version) in preperation for their return to the Imperium and also flung all my termies into a bag in preperation for some solid plans in regards to who will go in what squad. I also spent an hour or so on the Land Speeder Storms again. Progress is slow but we are getting there.

Painting: None!

Other: Watched docos on: The Falklands War, the recruitment of the Gurkhas and Royal Marine Officers. Successful day.

#21 ·
Modeling: More work on the Land Speeder Storms. One is nearly complete except for the crew and thankfully this is the one that needed the most work. Just got the fins, the weapons sytems, repairing the seats and buying some crew to go plus a veritable shit tone of gap filling. Before I can do that I need to go and buy more plastic glue, super glue, green stuff, liquid greenstuff and some more box cutters. And some offical LSS crew members. Next time I'm working on it, probably next weekend I will post some pics up.

Painting: None

Other: Drank half a doz and made homemade chips.... Yeah that run I went on yesterday.... all that good work is gone! Time for another beer to commiserate I think

#22 ·
Modeling: Have repaired some of my Assault Marines and Terminators, for soem reason the glue would not hold on them earlier. And two Eldar War Walkers, one Wraithlord, one Falcon and one Wave Serpent.

Painting: Started to work on the Wraithlord and one of the War Walkers. Mainly just trying to figre out how to make the red areas look decent.

Other: Have started to work and started to preapere to move to a own apartement, not totaly sure yet when I move, and if I move, depends on if the apartement is about to fall apart or not. Going to check it tomorow.

#23 ·
Modelling: Assembled (partially) two Mk II marines to finish up the first 10-man HH tactical squad. Woo, woo.

Painting: Finished up a Mk III Marine that I'd started on yesterday, pictures to follow in ye ole PLOG.

Other: Jack crap! Although I did get in 2 orders of FW (one from family for christmas, only took a 35 days -_-) to include: Justaerin termies and weapons, more Mk IV marines, Mk IV special weapon/character pack, and a Deimos Pred Executioner. Now I'm incredibly torn on what the hell to do next...

#24 · (Edited)
Reactions: Charandris
#25 ·
I figured i may as well do some updating in here as my ork plog is dead. I'll be rebooting it but i only realised a couple of weeks ago that photobucket appears to have lost a lot of my photos, like 15 pages of my ork work. Which might explain why i was getting very little new interest in the plog. So i'm going to draw a line under it and start again with my orks at their current strength. Until i get a chance to set them all up for photo's i'm goign to post a few updates on here each day. Hopefully i'll have loads by the end of Feb as i'm playing in an apocalypse battle so every painted unit is another unit on the board.

Painting

I finished off 8 boys which i've been working on, on and off, for over a year. By completing them it brings the number of boys in my feral ork army up to 109. I shoudl hve hit 120 by mid february.

Modelling
Feeling that i needed a change from working on boys i decided that i wold work on a vehicle but as none of the vehicles i've started are ready for paint i grabbed my part built Wyrdboy tower wagon and continued converting it. After about an hour it occured to me that i hated the model, it had stupid tall turrets, a really long ungainly body, unimpressive weaponary and was so fragile that it continually broke when i moved it.
So i dismantled it and have decided to create 2 seperate vehicles. The front which had the most already built on is going to be a killkrusha tank. The rest will still be a weirdboy tower wagon but i'll be workign on that later.

Gaming
Completed Max "dearest of all my friends" Payne 3 for the first time today. Been meaning to do this since it was released.

Writing
I've been working on text sections for my webpages and been roughing out descriptive text for my new plog when it's started.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.