Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

What did you work on today?

76K views 672 replies 109 participants last post by  friar76 
#1 ·
Jacobite came up with a interesting idea the other day for a thread where members could post a update on what hobby stuff they have been up to each day.

This is not to replace project logs or modelling or painting just to post things that don't always fit into a current ongoing projects or just link in to an existing project log, fiction piece or a bit of fluff you are trying to write anything as long as it is hobby based.

Staff may also use this to mention things they are working on for the Forums.

A few pictures may be included to help show what you have been up to and links to other parts of the forum can also be included if you like.

To keep this as well organised as possible pop up you activities under a heading for the area it would normally be posted under.

#28 ·
Painting:

15 minutes on my army painting challenge entry - the captain with greatsword. Got the base coat down on the cloak (green) and the purple/yellow uniform parts. I'm going for yellow on him rather than white like the rest as my second parent regiment will (eventually... in the very distant future. Like when Satan snowboards to work) be purple/yellow. That and I'm bored of painting white :D

Work:

Wrote 3 tests for my students (5 groups) and now need to mark them all and write end of semester reports for them all. This directly relates to the next heading.

Drinking:

Lots and lots of double whiskeys

#30 ·
Hmm not much done this time.

Modelling
Been thinking on the 2013 Army Painting Challenge that will be starting soonish and realised that I will need to prep some stuff ready for Feb/March when the 2012 one ends.

Looted Wagon (3)

Painting
Bit more daubing on the Ork Bike Nob but not much really.

Other
Lots of Borderlands played, when the Missus wants a Coop play session it's hard to say no. :)

#32 ·
Painting: Finished off Dirty Meg & the Deck Gun for my Warmachine Mercs. Shitty pics in my 'backlog' thread :laugh:

#33 ·
Collecting:
Arguing with myself whether I should buy another box of DW terminators. Postponed due to the fact I bought some expensive models on Ebay.

Painting:
Spray painted entire DV DA set and a Razorback.

Building:
Refurnished some marines with new weaponry and less decorative parts to gathered more bits to construct more Chaplains, thread on the subject will be coming up soon.

#34 ·
Painting: None

Modeling: More work on the Storms, my first experience with milliput, very different beast to GS, not better not worse, just different. Anyway:

LSS #1 - this was in the worst nick and has been the main one I've been working on. The complete rear end has undergone a massive rebuild.

LSS #2 - better original condition, less time spent on it so far (obviously)

#35 ·
Painting: Tried to knock out a Justaerin power axe in red, looks like complete and utter shit compared to the rest of the model. Now thinking just doing metallics, but where the hell does the shine go on an axe? Bleh... Started Justaerin #2, little more than base coating.

Modelling: None

#36 · (Edited)
Painting:

Absolutely terrible picture but I've done a little more on my captain, this is what he currently looks like via a shitty iPod touch camera, a desk lamp and the light on my old knackered phone

I'll be trying out NMM for the first time on the sword just to see if I can do it, his armour will still be metallic paint - some sort of bronze to be precise!

#37 ·
Painting: None

Modelling: Well yesterday I kept working away on number 2 of 3 of the 5 man Stern guard Squads and the first of 6 5 man Termie Assualt Squads. This is how they looked when about halfway through yesterday. I thought I had finished up and then I had an idea to add a beatan armour effect to them so I attacked them with a dremel, no pics but I think it works ok.

#38 ·
Finished up modeling my 2nd platoon of Traitor Guard by mashing together a squad of Catachans and a squad of Ungors. Add those to my Dark Vengeance cultists and my HWSs... and I'm happy with my little army.

#39 ·
Painting:

More of the same on the captain

Modelling:

Finishing touches on my demigryphs. liquid greestuffing the gaps down the beaks and the ankle joints (honestly don't know why they bothered making the feet separate from the bodies as they only go together one way anyway). They're very nearly ready to be sprayed - whether I manage to get them painted next month with everything going on is another story...

#40 ·
Did my first model ever. It was a Chaos Exalted Hero. I have absolutely no GW or Citadel paints only the basic set of I can only assume is generic paint I got for Christmas (still working on trying to convince wife that Citadel paint is worth the cost ...).

At the end of the day its shit compared to pretty much anything on these forums but considering its my first attempt at anything ... ever, I can only say its not too wretched.

I also learned that painting gloss gold on and then drybrushing it with orange makes a cool coppery/brass (ish) color which did nicely.

#41 ·
Modelling and Painting

My (not so grey) Grey Knight Chaplain !

Who has a Purity Seal Fetish !

#43 ·
Lovely stuff there Mags :so_happy:

#47 ·
Prepped an IG Command Squad - partially assembled, based, undercoated.

Painted - Officer; torso, legs, arms painted, head to be finished later. Vox Caster - torso and legs painted, bits and pieces to be added later.

Welcome to the OCD painting academy :grin:

#48 ·
I'll fetch you some more milk over later :laugh:

#52 · (Edited)
Painting
Continuing with the Ecclesiastical theme this month my Salamander Chaplain:

And a Librarian too:

Gotta love bendy Finecast !

#53 · (Edited)
Remember that killkrusha tank i was working on and posted a week or so back? Well guess what's been painted?

I may go back and do some more to the pilot, he's in a really horrid plce to paint but i couldn't build the turret without his little pod being completed and that meant putting him inside before painting him.

Edit: I just realised that i never painted the "o" back in "more" on the writing on the side when it was being tidied up. I'll edit that now.

#54 ·
Imperial Guard banner......horribly sculpted, the feckin' skulls are completely different. One of the worst things I have ever had the ungodly misfortune to have to paint. It looks bloody terrible.

Arse biscuits.

#55 ·
Not going off your Guard already bro? :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.