The Quest for Perfection- Heresy Era Emperor's Children - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-31-12, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default The Quest for Perfection- Heresy Era Emperor's Children

Dedicated Plogs alway seem to inspire me, so I'm going to do one to try and keep some painting momentum.

At the moment these will be the figs I've painted for the army painting challenge (A current grand total of 2!) but will hopefully grow over the next couple of months

The Army itself will be made from a mix of GW, Forgeworld and 3rd party bits, I'll try to keep up as I post a unit to explain where all the bits have come from. I have a lot of units built, but will wait till its their painting turn before posting them. As a couple of units were built pre betrayal lists the champion/ sergeant may not be perfectly wysiwyg

I will be aiming to update this plog at least once a week

Right picture time, out of habit, and because I like pre-post picts I'll add them

1st

HQ Primus Medicae Fabius

Parts - All GW - Bile's backpack, Chaos champion power sword, Eldar guardian head, Apothecary nartcarium & shoulder pads, Eagle wing from Dark angels Vet box, and a set of regular marine legs

2nd

Elite Ancient Rylannor

Parts - All FW - Relic Contemptor with Kheres and power fist (+ a piece of slate)

[/url]

3rd Troops

A WIP on my legion Tactical squad

Parts - Mix GW, FW, Maxmini and Anvil Industrys. Maxmin, heads on a couple, FW Red Scorpion upgrade set (MK IV chests & helmets) GW marine legs and arms Anvil head plume and leather straps

Plan for next step is to finish the tacts and then move on to Lucius
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-31-12, 11:15 AM
Boc
Like a Bawss

Boc's Flag is: USA

Looking great so far, man. Love the contemptor. What model of bolter are you going for with the tac squad at the bottom?

Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories Challenge 13-06: "Serenity" has started, get your stories in by July 11th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
3. Nothing Boc said should ever be taken seriously. Unless he's talking about being behind you. Then you run like fuck.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-31-12, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Mate.

The Marines in this squad, and most of the army will have Umbra pattern bolters. I toyed with them having Tigrus pattern but thought they looked too "modern".

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-01-13, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Yesterday afternoon rather than finish the tactical squad I sat down and painted Lucius

4 HQ, Legion Champion, Lucius

A quick note the conversion on the arm went wrong and he was meant to be pointing straight ahead, but I cut the pistol wonky. The slight downwards pointed finger does seem to suit Lucius' supreme arrogance so I kept it, so an accident that worked out then!

Parts - all GW Sanguinary Guard sword, Chapter champion torso, GK hand, Bolt pistol arm, Marine legs

Going to try and stay focused and finish the tact squad now...

Last edited by Barnster; 01-01-13 at 11:54 AM.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-01-13, 12:00 PM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

lol, that finger makes lucius look a bit camp...

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-01-13, 10:27 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

I'm liking the character conversions. The gold on Ryllanor looks great as well. Looking forward to seeing more.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-04-13, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

@Spanner94ezekiel of all the characters, in all the legions in the imperium you say a captain in the Emperors Children is Camp? Lucius Camp dear? Him dear? No dear, he totally is not camp dear!

Thanks Khorne, next few characters will be a Master of Signal and a Vigilator, based on Telion (Turns out you need to order him direct now?) But I think I should get some troops and tanks finished before starting one of these. I have several sets of PH tracks on order from the US will hopefully be cool

That said my next set of posts will be a step by step construction "tutorial" for a legion fellblade, mainly because the instructions that you get from FW are somewhat lacking. I thought some people may find it handy to look at, those considering picking one up can have a look at it, and I wanted to try to write a step by step. As a slight preview, I am currently dealing with serious warpage and track issues. I'll start posting formal pics and write up tomorrow
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-05-13, 10:15 AM

wingazzwarlord's Flag is: England

looking great so far. love the concept

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-05-13, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

Fellblade Construction tutorial Part 1 incoming

Things you need to build one - Fellblade kit (obviously) Sharp knife, clippers, Needle Files, Super glue and some Greenstuff

1) First few step, as with any Forge world kit, is to thoroughly wash the parts, and allow to dry. This removes any excess mould release (They always have this on, the parts feel greesy when handled). At this stage I also tend to remove the larger excess resin blocks.

2) Next step is to trim and clean all the parts to remove excess resin, this takes some time but be patient

If your patient and do this to all the parts you end up with a bag of bits that looks surprisingly empty

3) Construction starts. The main undercarriage of the Fellblade is from the Baneblade kit, so glue the 2 main side panels together, for both the left and right side. These are key parts so be generous with the adhesive. No one sees these but you don't want it to collapse mid build

4) The next part is installing the floor

WARNING This is the first part of the FW instructions which isn't good

Attach the two floor panel to one side of the side panels

[/url]

The Instructions say to now glue the other side on as well but DON'T! I made this mistake

Don't Do This!!

The problem is this small part needs to be added in before the other side is joined.

So when this added and both sides are glued in place, leave to dry. I used the large turret plate to ensure that all parts dried straight

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-05-13, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

5) This is where we did the (1st) time warp

Fairy major warp issue. I heated and straightened this until it was the right shape. This was fairly tricky due to how thick the plate was and included a lot of dry fitting

6) The next step again is poor in the instruction, The large turret plate and smaller gun plate have to be glued in at the same time or they will not fit. Apply glue and fit both pieces.

At this stage you can fix the heavy bolter turret and covering into place. I haven't glues these pieces as it will make painting the beast more challenging, but they look like this when placed on

7) Next step is the demolisher cannon and covering. The instructions suggest that the cannon can be left as a moveable piece but I glued it in place as there is very little motion possible, just a slight up down it wasn't really worth leaving the motion

8) The engine. Really easy stick the 4 exhausts on the main body of the engine

The note about the engine is however on the back. My engine was slightly damaged when it arrived as the area of model where the gate is connected was snapped, removing a slight bit of the hull. This is not a big deal as its easy to fix with a bit of greenstuff later. The gates however are huge on the back and have to filled off a fair bit. so it will fit flush to the main hull.

Eventually it fits nicely on the back of the tank

9) side armour skirts. These are large resin pieces that just have to be lined up to fit. I used some elastic bands to hold it together as it dried

Next stage (I'll upload tomorrow) is the part of this kit which I hated - The tracks

Last edited by Barnster; 01-05-13 at 11:13 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode