CubanNecktie's Sons of Titan - Project Log - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-23-12, 04:46 AM Thread Starter

CubanNecktie's Flag is: Canada

Default CubanNecktie's Sons of Titan - Project Log

***Please note I am trying to formalize my operation so I will be shutting down the blog below and all the pictures on this thread. For all the new goodies please visit: http://hobbythumbs.blogspot.ca/. All works on the forum can be found in a more general Plog here: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=130504 ***

I'm happy to finally post pictures of what I've painted so far. I just now finished the complete "photo to template" process so expect additions to this log in the next few hours.

I will be posting IC pics and full unit pics here. However, for multi-angle shots of each individual model please visit my blog at hammersandbayonets.blogspot.com. They will be posted there as soon as I take them. Q&Cs welcome. Lots of hard work went into this so enjoy!

Last edited by CubanNecktie; 12-10-13 at 12:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-23-12, 05:30 AM Thread Starter

Two more for the proverbial pot.

Last edited by CubanNecktie; 01-06-13 at 09:22 PM.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-23-12, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

Alright. Last 3 HQs. Only ghosts remain after this, but they'll have to wait.

Last edited by CubanNecktie; 01-06-13 at 09:23 PM.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-23-12, 02:27 PM

Lord Commander Solus's Flag is: Great Britain

They all look awesome! Great job.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-23-12, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Thanks!

Woo hoo! Final post of the batch haha. Don't think I will be making individual profile pics for regular GKPA models, but termies are always worth it. You can find all ghost profiles and names after the jump.

Last edited by CubanNecktie; 01-06-13 at 09:23 PM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-23-12, 07:52 PM

abitterbuffalo's Flag is: USA

I'm definitely digging the darker style, makes them seem more sinister than savior. The gore effects are spot on, what did you use/how did you do it? I have a friend who wants to gore up his Nids and I think he'll like this style.

I'm a bit confused by your ghost knights, though, I think the effect you are going for is that parts of the ghosts are phasing into reality? It might just be me... but the division seems too clean, would look better if they were faded or wavy. Like swirls of ethereal smoke.

Looking great, so far, can't wait to see more!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-23-12, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the comments. The main deal with the ghosts was that the unit can't take heavy weapons so I was short on storm bolter arms. Most of the non-ghost arms are magnetized so the partial effect is my solution to that. There is a bit of a blend zone, but it's hard to see as the primer is plate mail with a nuln wash. I agree with you though.

As for the blood/gore...I picked up the idea from imm0rtal reaper's red scorpions. Use Tamiya (brand) Clear Red and it retains a transparent wet blood effect. Single coat and very simple for the result. Best time/effect method I've seen.

The gore on the CSM body was pretty simple. I filled the chest with a blob of green stuff then rolled little lines of GS to make them look like intestines and attached them to the main blob. Imperial primer + a bunch of thinned out layers of scab red, cadian flesh, mephiston red, nuln wash...until it looked multi-toned. Finished off with a layer of Clear Red and a few more drops of the same on the surrounding base. Took me about an hour to base that model start to finish. Keep in mind I try to be thorough so the CSM was painted entirely as I would paint any model in my army, then drowned in blood and the details are mostly obscured...but I know they're there. lol

Last edited by CubanNecktie; 12-23-12 at 09:08 PM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-12, 04:02 AM

notsoevil's Flag is: USA

I dig the paint styles, but either your flash is washing the pics out or you're messing them up in editing software. The white is just up too far, puts a haze on the pic.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-13, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsoevil View Post
I dig the paint styles, but either your flash is washing the pics out or you're messing them up in editing software. The white is just up too far, puts a haze on the pic.
Finally posting new pictures of the current models. I'm much happier with these results. It's an accurate representation of the schemes.

I will be posting some other models prepped for painting as soon as I have more time.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-13, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

I'm not very patient. I like to get things out of the way so here is the preview as promised!

Castellan Crowe

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor w/ Term armor (magnet arms, Lysander model)

Tech marine + 4 servitors (magnetized servo harness)

6 squad leaders - 2 purifier KotF, 2 strike Justicars, 2 intenceptors justicars...all cross-use for roles including purgation squad leadership (will all have spartan brush head helms)

Misc inquisitorial warband models - 2 reaper monkeys <proxy> jokaero (adding some archeotech at basing), Inquis Valeria <proxy>, Ordo Malleus inquis with daemonblade <Cypher proxy>, and other retinue dudes

All warband crusaders. Awesome (relatively inexpensive ) Reaper minis

Last edited by CubanNecktie; 04-29-13 at 07:28 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode