The Son of Horus- Collected Visions - Page 41 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #401 of 426 (permalink) Old 08-26-17, 10:11 AM

Roganzar's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Son of Horus View Post
Tartaros-armored Assault Squad

Looks good. Tartaros pattern is my favorite Terminator pattern and they do look good with the claws.

01010100 01101111 01100001 01110011 01110100 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110110 01100101 01110010 01111001 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100001

Forge World Sidera Maris project.

Warhammer Age of Sigmar project

Horus Heresy project
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #402 of 426 (permalink) Old 11-03-17, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Life's been a little hectic the last few weeks. But, that doesn't mean painting hasn't happened!

I've settled on a final army list for my Death Guard, which looks like this:

Death Guard Battalion Detachment:

HQ- Lord of Contagion
Cataphractii Plate, Plaguereaper, Fugaris' Helm, Warlord (Arch-Contaminator trait)

HQ- Malignant Plaguecaster
Bolt Pistol, Corrupted Staff

ELITES- Plague Surgeon
Balesword, Bolt Pistol

ELITES- Tallyman
Plasma Pistol

ELITES- Blightlord Terminators
5 Blightlord Terminators. One Reaper Autocannon, Two Combi-Bolters, Two Bubotic Axes, One Balesword, One Great Plague Flail. The Champion has a combi-plasma and Balesword.

ELITES- Deathshroud Terminators
3 Deathshroud. Manreapers, Plaguespurt Gauntlets.

TROOPS- Plague Marines
10 Plague Marines. The Plague Champion has a plasma gun and power fist. One model has a plasma gun. One model has a blight launcher. All other models have boltguns.

TROOPS- Plague Marines
10 Plague Marines. The Plague Champion has a plasma gun and power fist. One model has a plasma gun. One model has a blight launcher. All other models have boltguns.

TROOPS- Plague Marines
9 Plague Marines. The Plague Champion has a plague sword and plasma pistol. Five models have bubotic axes and plague knives. Two models have great plague cleavers. Two models have bubotic axes and maces of contagion.

TRANSPORT- Rhino APC
Combi-bolter, Combi-melta

HEAVY SUPPORT- Plagueburst Crawler
Rothail Volley Gun, Entropy Cannons

It's pretty simple, really. The Terminators and the Lord of Contagion deep strike into somebody's face and put pressure on turn 1. Turn 2, the assault squad in the Rhino (which also has the Tallyman tagging along) gets stuck in, further forcing aggressive responses rather than addressing the actual battle line. The actual battle line-- the plaguecaster, the surgeon, the plagueburst crawler, and the two ten-man plague marine squads that are backed up by the sorcerer's buffs and the aura ability of the surgeon-- closes the noose each progressive turn by continually advancing, stopping only on objectives as necessary or to cover the assault of the lord and the terminators that are rampaging through the enemy backfield. Now, it's not a lot of models and won't do well against hordes most likely due to just sheer function of volume of dice, but against any other mid-range to elite army, it'll lay serious hurt down. And it does it without needing Mortarion or Typhus to do it-- although I certainly do have them handy for larger games as well as a Drone and a mess of Poxwalkers. The bases match my Black Legion army so I can pull Cultists as needed, as well.

Anyway, this is what's done at the moment that hasn't been shown earlier in the thread.

Old Man78 likes this.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #403 of 426 (permalink) Old 11-03-17, 12:38 PM

All looks good. The death guard list strategy seems exactly how DG should play! Pin them down with elites and the slow inexorable walk to oblivion!!

post #404 of 426 (permalink) Old 11-03-17, 12:54 PM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Saw your Contemptor dread on the first page, that seems to be in Luna Wolves coloring. But I noticed it had an Imperial Eagle and that left me wondering. Wasnt only the Emperor's Children allowed to wear the aquila pre-heresy?
post #405 of 426 (permalink) Old 11-03-17, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
Saw your Contemptor dread on the first page, that seems to be in Luna Wolves coloring. But I noticed it had an Imperial Eagle and that left me wondering. Wasnt only the Emperor's Children allowed to wear the aquila pre-heresy?

That's my understanding from the HH novels, but that could be wrong.

On a related note; I flicked back onto the first page to look at what Brother Lucian was talking about and then ended up flicking through all the pages to get back to here....

In four years your painting has improved so much! (not that it was bad i mean, just that the models you post up now are frikkin epic and the ones before were pretty good.)

Its nice to look back over peoples different pictures. I am terrible at remembering to take pictures; I'm just not a natural photographer.

Props dude.
post #406 of 426 (permalink) Old 11-03-17, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
Sons of Horus, but yes. And you're right-- but the models predated Forge World's production of Horus Heresy Contemptors.

post #407 of 426 (permalink) Old 11-06-17, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

One of the things about painting the Death Guard is that the drying times are absurd since they're being done almost entirely with glazes and washes. So, I've been working on this squad of Lions Rampant Hellblasters with heavy plasma incinerators during the drying periods for the Death Guard units. I finished the five-man squad today. Except for one base, which I realized only after looking at the picture. Oops!

Old Man78 likes this.

Last edited by The Son of Horus; 11-06-17 at 01:10 AM.
post #408 of 426 (permalink) Old 12-28-17, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

Now that we've gotten over the hurdle of the holidays, I've had a minute to breathe and to do some catch-up work on painting. I've come to the discovery that Intercessors are king these days, and as much faith as I have put in Tactical Squads over the years, the basic Tactical Space Marine is not sufficient to the demand on Space Marine battle line infantry. The game is balanced against the Intercessor, not the Tactical Marine-- and while Primaris Space Marines certainly aren't just simply better than their regular counterparts, unless you're trying to play a numbers game with the army or bring the minimum for a Battalion Detachment, Intercessors are about twice as effective.

So I've been working away at painting up 40 or so Intercessors, and the first squad of ten is done.

Old Man78 likes this.

post #409 of 426 (permalink) Old 01-13-18, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

A squad of Inceptors has been added to the 9th Devastator Reserve. The Lions Rampant assign Gravis Armor and heavy weapons to Devastators, not Assault Squads, so it made more sense for Inceptors to be drawn from the Devastator Reserve rather than the Assault Reserve.

Khorne's Fist and Old Man78 like this.

post #410 of 426 (permalink) Old 01-15-18, 08:22 AM

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

Looking sweet as always!
But due to the angle of the photo. The first one looks like it’s the first time he’s used a jump pack. And the one on the right ( my fave) looks like he’s blasting plasma while lounging on an invisible couch. Great stuff dude.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode