The Son of Horus- Collected Visions - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 426 (permalink) Old 01-11-13, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Not much of an update... I've been out of town for the past week, so I haven't gotten much of anything done. Finished the plasma gunner for the Ravenwing Bike Squadron for the store's copy of Dark Vengeance, though.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 426 (permalink) Old 01-12-13, 11:33 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Them there bikes is real purdy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #23 of 426 (permalink) Old 01-13-13, 05:36 AM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

I don't normally post unpainted miniatures. But I'm pretty happy with how this conversion came out. Codex: Dark Angels gave me the kick I needed to actually do something with the 50-some-odd bikers I own, so I picked up a Ravenwing Command Squad and decided to covert a counts-as Sammael, as well as a Chaplain and an extra guy.

They'll be a strike force drawn from the 6th Tactical Reserve (the Reserve Company from which Codex Chapters draw their bike squads and land speeder crews to attach to a Battle Company) for my Lions Rampant... there should be a link to the Chapter fluff and all that in my signature.

I figure that since Sammael's jetbike is the only surviving example of an Imperial jetbike, the Lions Rampant would not have one-- especially not for the Captain of a Reserve Company. But mounting a plasma cannon to the fairing of a regular bike? Well, that's doable, right? I figure the other benefits of the jetbike can just be chalked up to Captain Tauro (errr..."Sammael") being a skilled rider or something. This is basically just the sergeant out of the Ravenwing command squad box, with a Grey Knight sword, and a plasma cannon. I used a bit of green stuff to attach the power cable to the bike's fuel tank... I figure there's probably a fancy fusion battery or something in there that the plasma cannon can be hooked up to. Really not that complicated beyond cutting the fairing and the plasma cannon to fit together.

Last edited by The Son of Horus; 01-13-13 at 05:41 AM.

post #24 of 426 (permalink) Old 01-14-13, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

A couple more models done for the store's copy of Dark Vengeance. I've always liked the Word Bearers, and the deep red is quick and easy to paint.

post #25 of 426 (permalink) Old 01-14-13, 07:46 PM
Boc
Like a Bawss

Boc's Flag is: USA

Looking great, SoH, any chance of a group photo?

Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories Challenge 13-06: "Serenity" has started, get your stories in by July 11th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
3. Nothing Boc said should ever be taken seriously. Unless he's talking about being behind you. Then you run like fuck.
post #26 of 426 (permalink) Old 01-22-13, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

These are the Captains of the Second and Fourth Company of the Lions Rampant, respectively. I didn't paint these recently, but I never took pictures of them for some reason.

Captain Porthos

Captain Valentinus

I also (mostly) finished my counts-as Sammael, Captain Tauro of the 6th Tactical Reserve. All that's left is to touch up the freehand iconography, which I'll do when I'm not a little twitchy from caffeine.

Finally, this is my current project-- a Lions Rampant Nephilim. I figure I'll count it as a Stormtalon, as I'm not going to be "that guy" that jumps codecies every time a new one comes out. The new Nephilim/Dark Talon model is so very cool though, and it's much more what I think the Stormtalon should've looked like in the first place. The main weapon fits in snugly without glue, so I can switch between the avenger bolt cannon (which will represent the assault cannon most of the time) and the twin-linked lascannon as needed. I figure I can run it as a Nephilim proper in Apocalypse, after all. I shaved off the Dark Angels chapter icons on the undersides of the missile pods, but decided to leave the Ravenwing icon on the tail alone-- there are other details I didn't want to screw up on the tail by removing the Ravenwing icon, and when painted differently, the Ravenwing logo can easily look like generic fast attack heraldry, I think. At this point, I need to clean up the freehand iconography and lettering-- I put it on purely to block out where it was going-- and finish the pilot and canopy--both have to be painted separately before being glued in place.

post #27 of 426 (permalink) Old 01-23-13, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

Finished up the Nephilim today. I know folks are lukewarm about their in-game effectiveness, but it's just such a cool model. The mega bolter and the twin-linked lascannons are interchangable on the model without needing magnets, which is great.

I touched up the freehand markings, and added some more carbon scoring from atmospheric flight-- weathering aircraft is such a different beast than weathering tanks, and it's something I've never really gotten the hang of.

post #28 of 426 (permalink) Old 01-23-13, 10:14 PM