The Son of Horus- Collected Visions - Page 11 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 426 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 07:29 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Nice work on the grav gun. A different spot colour might have helped it stand out a bit more, but it is still well done. Very impressed with the Librarius. That DV libby fits in nicely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 426 (permalink) Old 10-16-13, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

One of the more complicated parts of tackling building an entire Chapter is the armoured assets. It's purely budgetary-- the infantry isn't nearly as bad as building the Chapter's motor pool. However, I have finished the Lions Rampant Stormravens-- the Ultramarines (based on the GW site's bundle) only have three, so three's plenty for the Lions Rampant as well!

Here's two (one of which I finished this evening) flying over the battlefield:

And the third after a spray of Army Painter Skeleton Bone (which is what I start my white from). I'll have to touch up the primer coat with an airbrush later where the spray didn't connect.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #103 of 426 (permalink) Old 10-16-13, 03:20 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Is that 3rd SR competely glued together before you spray it, or do you just use bluetac to hold it for spraying? I can imagine it's pretty awkward painting it all in one piece.

post #104 of 426 (permalink) Old 10-17-13, 02:16 AM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
Is that 3rd SR competely glued together before you spray it, or do you just use bluetac to hold it for spraying? I can imagine it's pretty awkward painting it all in one piece.
You'd be surprised. It's all glued together-- I left the turret on top and the pilot's canopy off, but otherwise it's one piece.

post #105 of 426 (permalink) Old 10-18-13, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

While that first coat of paint on the new Stormraven is drying, I thought I'd show what's done of the 2nd Battle Company so far. Rather than repaint an old Company, I decided to just work from the ground up on this one.

So at the moment, Tactical Squads Finaeo and Rheo, Chaplain Theseus, and Captain Porthos.

I guess I didn't get them at the right angle to see it, but each has a "II" on their right knee or greave to denote their Company-- if you look back at the 5th Company, those models all have a "V" on their greave or knee. Company colors are all well and good for Ultramarines, but I prefer a more uniform look across the Chapter.

post #106 of 426 (permalink) Old 10-21-13, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

Finished the third Stormraven. At least, as much as I could. The clear plastic sprue was jacked up... the warped part of the cockpit canopy was easily concealed by the armored cowl that goes over it, so no biggie there, but the servitor turret canopy was basically a nonexistent blob of clearish plastic on the sprue. So I haven't been able to finish the turret yet, but a replacement is on its way, so no biggie.

post #107 of 426 (permalink) Old 10-22-13, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

Finished a techmarine today. I'd had this sitting in simple green for a while and never had gotten around to repainting it. One of the claws on the servo-harness was broken, and as this is the metal model rather than the current finecast version, it was far easier to just make a new servo arm out of spare bits rather than try to get it to bond. A couple targeters from a hunter killer missile assembly, a touch of green stuff, a tow hook from a Rhino, and the spotlight assembly from a Leman Russ later, and I had a serviceable servo arm replacement.

post #108 of 426 (permalink) Old 10-22-13, 01:10 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Nice work on the SR's, certainly inspiring to see 3 of them together like that. Nice rebuild on the Techmarine although you do seem to have some of that grass contaminating parts of the mini.
post #109 of 426 (permalink) Old 10-22-13, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
Nice work on the SR's, certainly inspiring to see 3 of them together like that. Nice rebuild on the Techmarine although you do seem to have some of that grass contaminating parts of the mini.
ack you're right. Luckily, just blowing it off took care of that. Static grass sticks to everything, it seems...

post #110 of 426 (permalink) Old 10-22-13, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

I got a new airbrush the other day. The one I had is a solid double-action gravity feed, but it lacks the fine control that I'm looking for now. I'll continue to use it for basecoating work and laying down large areas of paint on terrain, and probably for other airbrush applications where precision lines are less important. So I decided to rummage through my box of unpainted terrain and grab a couple pieces to practice with the new brush on.

I have no idea where the tail fin for the crashed aquila lander is, but if I ever find it, I'll attach it. Apart from drybrushing the grey onto the black to get the broken urban ground, and applying a wash of Nuln Oil to the metal areas, this was painted 100% with the airbrush. The finer controls over air pressure and a valve controlling the needle in a second point besides the trigger have made me need to adjust my paint mix-- I found I actually had the paint too thin in a lot of cases, so I was getting the 'spidering' effect with the oranges in particular. But for a rust effect, that's not entirely a bad thing... makes it look like that's where water has run down the thing over time.

I also have a set of the planetstrike limited edition craters that I never messed with for some reason. Decided to play with a lava effect on the lance strike crater. I think it came out pretty well.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode