Carrion Angels (A Chaos Marine project log) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-08-12, 04:01 AM Thread Starter

Chosen of Malal's Flag is: USA

Default Carrion Angels (A Chaos Marine project log)

Hi guys, I recently purchased the DV chaos models from Boc and, before that, a box of chaos marines plus codex. Thus far I have painted five models, pretty good considering the hours I work and other things going on in my life (pregnant girlfriend, crazy cat, etc.). Today I purchased a camera and decided to start my project log, as I promised Boc that the models I purchased from him would be appearing in one in the future...well the future is now I guess. So, I present to you the Carrion Angels:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-08-12, 06:32 AM
Craw-Daddy

The colors work very well. What color did you use on the armor? I'm also impressed with how you pulled off the black helmet color.
post #3 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-08-12, 06:59 AM

Contour5's Flag is: Australia

I very much agree with Ckcrawford very clean for a chaos army but I believe you've pulled this off beautifully, only downside you have a little bit of red paint on the edge of the base which isn't hard to tidy up. love your work and have some rep

Khorne for the Cornflakes!!!

Red Corsairs

W-D-L
1-0-1

post #4 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-08-12, 09:17 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Oh, nicely painted. Very lush and crisp. I look forward to seeing what else you can pull off.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #5 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-08-12, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Oh, I forgot to say, the only thing that isn't finished is the band on the bases, that's still primer. The helmets are actually blue, but if you're seeing black then that's even better because I was going for a look similar to crow feathers. I'm about half way through the other five members of this squad, so I may be posting pics of them later tonight. Your comments are all very appreciated.

@Ck: The base starts with mechrite on the armor, washed with carroburg, then evil sun scarlet mixed with red gore, straight evil sun scarlet, and then evil sun scarlet mixed with macharius solar orange. I'm actually thinking of switching the shoulders to blue, as I had an idea of free handing their warband badge, which wouldn't lend itself well to red.

Last edited by Chosen of Malal; 12-08-12 at 01:48 PM.
post #6 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-08-12, 09:17 PM

Lethiathan's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen of Malal View Post
I'm actually thinking of switching the shoulders to blue, as I had an idea of free handing their warband badge, which wouldn't lend itself well to red.
I would tend to agree with this, the model needs something else, to me they look like the Crimson Slaughter (albeit incredibly painted) with blue helmets, a Pair of blue pads or a blue backpack would make them better imo.

World's Worst Project-Logger.

Slightly Derranged, would advice staying away.
post #7 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-08-12, 10:30 PM

LegionThree's Flag is: USA

If you want to change somthing for warband colors you can but I think the models look amazing as is. Go with your gut though.

"Take the wine cup of this fury at my hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send thee, to drink it."

Cron Old Guard https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=110166

Blood for Blood - The Angels Vermillion https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=116834

post #8 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-09-12, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

I'm thinking a severed wing for their warband emblem, so spilling blood would be hard to pull off over an already red background. I'm close to having another update.
post #9 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-09-12, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Small update, got the other five in a state that I can post a little progress, these pics didn't turn out as well. I'll get better ones when they're finished.

I purchased two pots of Lahmian Medium, and I just have to say, best damn investment I've ever made, the stuff is amazing with metal.
post #10 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-10-12, 01:48 AM Thread Starter

Finishing up arms and backpacks on the last five, one will be sans weapon as I'm waiting on Xmas to get another plasma to slap on him. After that is cultists, as I have conversions planned for the Hellbrute and characters (one of them chosen is gonna become a lord of nurgle ), I would like some input now on what I should mark my sorcerer with, Slaanesh or Tzeentch.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode