Nicegirl13's - The Purge - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-24-13, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

nicegirl13's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Nice I like them!

Pallid Flesh (or whatever GW calls it now) is an excellent color to use for your green highlights to keep them looking flat but lighter BTW.

Subbed!
Thanks alot for the tip, i will look in to it, i think i will start painting Them next week, atm i Am Working on others Projects
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-24-13, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosftw View Post
THings are looking quite good here! I really do love the hoses! How do you go about doing them? (they are some of the better ones I have seen)
Thx alot m8, well the helmets are Chaos knights i think (fantasy) and Chaos warriors. But I have removed some of the Horns to be able to use the tubes. And some i have removed one of the horns. Hope it helps
post #33 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-07-13, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Yet again it has been a while ago i have posted something and for that i apologize.... again... School, work, GF and painting for other people has given me little time to work on my own project, specially now that the exams in school are gonna be soon.

Since it was my birthday some days ago (YARRRR) i recieved some awesome gifts from some on my m8's (thanks guys!!) that should help me with my project:

As i have explained before i want to clearly show who are the newcomers (fallen, renegade, gone rogue) and who are the veterans in my army.
Hopefully you also will the the difference between my regular CSM and all elites, fast attacks and heavy support (marines).

Havocs:

for quite sometime i knew how i want my havocs to look like, it might come as a shock but i dont like the GW havocs, and specially not when they almost are one piece models, where i cant equip them as i desire. For that reason i have decided to use

Death guard upgrade kit combined with mark 2 leggings, arms and backpack AND LEGION AUTOCANNON SET

some people might think DUDE have you seriusly bought all that to make a unit of 5?
Yes i have, since i want my army be something i can be proud of (ofc i have to paint them awesomely!!!) and idd it have been very very expensive but i think the result will be worth it.

I must say it was a big job assembling them
but enought text you probably want to see some pics

if you watch the pictures of the Death guard upgrade kit on FW's page the upgrade kit is a different mark than the arms and leggings, and i wanted to void that (i have been researching what mark the death guard upgrade kit is, and it seems to be either mark 2 or 3), at the same time i think the looks of the mark 2 and 3 are alot better, but you decide

a little advice or trick, sometime the pieces just does not fit as shown in the picture here:

but if you place the miniature under hot water (really hot, it's gonna hurt a bit becuase you have to have your miniature and your hands under the runing hot water under the entire process, but you have to be patient!!!) in that way you can bend the resin a bit, but remember be patient or else you will break it!
when you are done hurry and turn the cold water on, as cold you can for a couple of seconds so the resin gets hard again and keeps its new position (sorry for my bad english i am doing my best! but let me know if its nonsense!)

it only works on resin!

after that close the small gab with some green stuff

now pictures of the entire unit!

post #34 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-08-13, 09:17 AM

Kaizer's Flag is: Denmark

Glad you liked the gift, It was kind of hard to figure out what you needed ;)

The havoc squad looks great, but I think you should work on the stands of the second guy from the left. Looks like his almost falling over!

But keep working, looking forward to seeing the minis in person!

/Kaizer Out!

"Baby, Im a heretic, and your a spineless imperalist"
post #35 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-10-13, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

okay so i have started with my test model, and i need a bit of help

the result so far is this:

now i dont know if i am happy with the colors of the "bubles" perhaps i bit to yellow? dont know, looking for suggestions, if you have a cool color scheme for that or pictures of that please let me know

Last edited by nicegirl13; 05-31-13 at 10:01 AM.
post #36 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-10-13, 05:53 PM
Bringer of the Apocalypse

Deneris's Flag is: Canada

I'd bring the pustules more to red and pink...

"That, and sending Leman Russ to make a peaceful arrest? That's like sending a rabid Grizzly Bear to teach Kindergarten." - Cole Deschain
"Deneris - you are a legend." - TheKingElessar
"Chingao...sigh..guess I'll stay a slut then..."- Shogun_Nate
post #37 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-11-13, 04:55 AM
Drinker of tea...

TheReverend's Flag is: United Kingdom

man, that just made me ill...

This army is looking pretty good. Like what you've done with the conversions and the FW kits look awesome.

Rev
post #38 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-11-13, 05:30 AM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Looks good. I'd keep those bubbles orange. They look more like erupting fungus to me than pustules.

And be very careful with red on plague marines, too much or too saturated or too bright and the model will start to look Christmasy.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #39 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-11-13, 08:15 AM

returnoftheclown's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
And be very careful with red on plague marines, too much or too saturated or too bright and the model will start to look Christmasy.
MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM PAPPA NURGLE!

Love the work! Keep it up!

“Insane? You dare to claim that we are insane? I find this very amusing. You see, there is no such thing as sanity. Why? Because the nature of sanity depends on the context the term is used. A man living in squalor may call the rich man insane for wasting food, while the rich man in return may call the poor insane for living off his waste. You slaughter thousands and squander the resources of planets on foolish incursions to please a corpse and his corrupted followers. And you have the nerve to call me insane? Oh poor misguided individual, pray to whatever deity you serve and hope he is merciful, for those who find themselves trapped in the spiders web have little else they can do”

Lord Nerthro of the ‘Heralds of Absurdity’ to what remained of an Imperial scouting party
post #40 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-11-13, 08:52 AM

VanAlberict's Flag is: USA

i don't know how you'd fancy it but the new citadel dry brush paint, hexos palesun, could potentially look amazing lightly blended into the top of those... its a very light yellow with a tint of green

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode