Never Trust a Wizard's Blood Angel Project Log - Page 11 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-07-14, 04:32 AM Thread Starter

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqiel View Post
I always thought the flamer blood angels were sweet, and that dynamic pose you've chosen really suits the model.
When I get back to painting BA (after Belial and at least one IF squad), this guy and the Priest are first on the docket I think.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-12-14, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

Ha! Lookit how cool this guy is! Once I finish my IF terminator sergeant I'll be onto this guy I think.

Hot damn @JAMOB , thanks for hookin' it up!

EDIT: I have already added one of the sculpted BA shoulder pads to his left arm, it was just too lame without it.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 03-26-15 at 11:46 PM.
post #103 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-12-14, 01:45 AM
So be it.

Oh sweet it came! That looks really good mate

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary

post #104 of 139 (permalink) Old 05-07-14, 01:51 AM Thread Starter

White is SUCH a bitch. This guy'll be in the Painting Deathmatch this month should I bring myself to get back to the white...

...and to think I want to do a White Scar (allied) army as well.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 03-26-15 at 11:47 PM.
post #105 of 139 (permalink) Old 05-07-14, 05:25 PM
So be it.

I feel like white just needs lots of washes to add depth, either that or really good shadows. I don't know though, as I've painted like three arms and a few heads white...

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #106 of 139 (permalink) Old 05-07-14, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

If you check back a few pages at the Captain I made with the axe and sword, the Priest's white will look like that. Basically, a careful application of Nuln Oil and then a white drybrush against the angles.

The bitch part is getting it nice and smooth...I fucked that up hard on his Narthecium hand, but hopefully I will be able to hide that with the washes and re-whitening.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #107 of 139 (permalink) Old 06-25-14, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Whams! Finally willing (though I missed a skull on his Jump Pack) to call this guy done. I'll get around to painting his non-jump pack, but for now this will definitely suffice in my games. For your viewing pleasure:

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 03-26-15 at 11:49 PM.
post #108 of 139 (permalink) Old 06-27-14, 04:39 PM
Ask me about Pins

CLT40k's Flag is: USA

really well done... + rep

-------------------------------------

Project Log - Click Here

My 40K Blog: For the Throne
post #109 of 139 (permalink) Old 06-27-14, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Thanks dude! Whenever I get frustrated by a thing I'm working on I tend to look back at the first couple pages, read a few comments left by people with great suggestions and support, and then look at where I am now. Just gotta keep painting and paying more and more attention to detail! :OK:

A friend of mine who has been painting random models in my collection (that now spans Imperial Fists, Blood Angels, Dark Angels/Deathwing, Astra Militarum, Necrons, and Grey Knights ) that I've based and never finished has decided he's had enough of my Necrons and wants to paint Drop Pods. Since I have had one primed black for over a year and just got two new ones...I'll take any help he wants to offer! Hopefully we'll be able to hook back up and tag team that nonsense soon for some sweet updates.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #110 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-11-14, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Whoa...an update? To one of my PLOGs? It hasn't even been three months yet!

So, I went back to teaching guitar only which frees up like...all of my time. Hello hobby! I finally got around to finishing my second Stormraven's magnet job. I've seen a few tutorials online for magnetizing the SR's top turret, but none of them included the covers for the weapons (since GW is kind enough to send ONE FRIGGING SET). Here is my solution:

I put magnets on the post and on the covers, with a hole drilled through the gun to allow for that lovely connection. Double stacked magnets for reach through the gun and a more firm grip. As you can see, it got a little sloppy with the glue on the covers...it was one of my first magnet projects and a bit too adventurous for my patience, so I came back to it a year later with improved techniques for tiny magnets to sticky spots using calloused fingers. Here's the finished bird:

There's also two made up Drop Pods, but there's nothing special about them until all three I now own are painted up. No magnets there...

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode