Blackadder's FW Chaos Warhound Build - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-14-12, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Blackadder's Flag is: USA

Default Blackadder's FW Chaos Warhound Build

I debated whether to append this to the Lucius scratchbuilt Warhound thread or start a new thread. There will be a side by side comparison of Lucie my scratchbuilt to the various components of an actual Forge World titan which should prove interesting and hopefully I will not be tearing out too much hair over grievous discrepancies.

I opted for the Chaos version because considering FW's propensity for less than perfect castings I figured this would be so much less noticeable on something that is supposed to be outrageously deformed.

That and I just think the Chaos version is the more interesting of the Mars Pattern.

I'll be posting images as soon as I get over the initial excitement of ownership of a real FW Warhound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-15-12, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

Below is the initial opening of the shipment carton with the top sheet of bubble wrap removed. I suppose FW tested the durability of the various pieces of brittle resin and arrived at the optimum packaging and shipping procedure that all components survive the ministrations of the erstwhile USPS package handlers.

To the untrained eye the contents look like they were unceremoniously just dumped into the box.

Unpacking the container revealed the only thing reasonably protected was the instructions and certificate of ownership.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 313e53c18f2abdfd8b51f7924571dbd2_6825.jpg (463.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg f31540fd5d5f30e3ad3f556bfbccd9fb_6825.jpg (470.3 KB, 13 views)
post #3 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-15-12, 12:05 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Oh Throne.

Another one?

Wonderful.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

post #4 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-15-12, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I like to keep things hopping or I get bored............

Below is the initial opening of the shipment carton with the top sheet of bubble wrap removed. I suppose FW tested the durability of the various pieces of brittle resin and arrived at the optimum packaging and shipping procedure that all components survive the ministrations of the erstwhile UPS package handlers.

To the untrained eye the contents look like they were unceremoniously just dumped into the box.
http://i.imgur.com/vIdWF.jpg

Unpacking the container revealed the only thing reasonably protected was the instructions and certificate of ownership.
http://i.imgur.com/p3wCM.jpg
post #5 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-15-12, 10:14 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

You are working on this and a scratch build warlord!! You are a glutton for punishment, have you thought of a paint scheme for it? I'm looking forward to seeing this complete.

post #6 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-15-12, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
You are working on this and a scratch build warlord!! You are a glutton for punishment, have you thought of a paint scheme for it? I'm looking forward to seeing this complete.
I'm open to suggestions but yes I do have a scheme in mind.....

Your input would not be amiss though............
post #7 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-15-12, 11:53 PM

Hellados's Flag is: United Kingdom

imho it should complement but not match your main colour scheme, for example my blood angels (one day maybe) will have a Blue and Red Titan
post #8 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-16-12, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

The first order of business and to address something I am dying to know is how well did my best guesstimate of the size and shape of the weapons compare to a FW original? I had to use my best estimate in relative size for virtually all aspects of my scratchbuilt Wolf Warhound having never seen one in the flesh ..er ah resin that is and it has always been a source of consternation how Lucie would measure up to the real Mcoy.

I know even from the pictures later acquired on the web that Lucie has more robust legs in cross-section than the regulation titan and that changes I made to the carapace and hull give her a more massive appearance but that was intentional. The major concern was the weapons, head, waist and feet.

http://i.imgur.com/70y20.jpg

Well for the weapons at least........... aside from the caliber of the megabolter its a pretty good match

http://i.imgur.com/kb0Ik.jpg

I am very please that there is no significant discrepancy, whew!
post #9 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-16-12, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

An addenda to the last post, there is significant difference with my turbo laser compared to the FW original. It appears my laser's caliber is less than and (this really gets me) my infrared sight is longer?

Referring to the bottom view I had no image to go by so my detail is sparse compared to the real McCoy. But I think I can live with it.

http://i.imgur.com/6v0xz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6u38y.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sfmaO.jpg

More comparisons to follow even if they reveal further discrepancies.

:Blush
post #10 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-16-12, 05:32 PM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

It took me a moment to realize which one was forgeworld....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode