The Word of Aurelian - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-01-12, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Martok's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default The Word of Aurelian

So with the new Chaos Codex now available I have been distracting myself from the more involved Minotaurs project with these guys. Ever since reading First Heretic I have had an itch to field these guys. So what better place to start then a 20 man Blob of Power Armour.

Let me know what you guys think:

and a close up of the OSL guy. I need to glaze this down a little as the colour is too much.. some dark green on the edges should bring it back in line:

Thanks for looking guys hopefully I shall have some finished shots of these soon.

- Martok

Last edited by Martok; 11-23-12 at 11:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-01-12, 12:42 PM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

nice work so far man. The only critique I had was that the OSL on the eyes seemed to be a bit bright, but you are sorting that already. The red on the armor is nice and muted but you still get a lot of the progression from shade to highlight. Looking forward to seeing more.

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-02-12, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge913 View Post
nice work so far man. The only critique I had was that the OSL on the eyes seemed to be a bit bright, but you are sorting that already. The red on the armor is nice and muted but you still get a lot of the progression from shade to highlight. Looking forward to seeing more.
Cheers buddy. I think I have worked out the issues with the OSL but that and the armour blend were my first attempts at either technique so it's all learning

Hopefully I shall have some updates over the weekend as I have started playing around with the Dark Apostle.

- Martok

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-03-12, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Hey,

I have made some more progress with this army this time putting a HQ together. This guy will be my Dark Apostle:

Let me know what you think and please give me some suggestions for something to put on his waist where the DA icon was removed.

- Martok

Last edited by Martok; 11-23-12 at 11:46 AM.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-04-12, 01:29 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

These guys are looking pretty good.

I think a skull, chaos star, or leering daemon head would be best as a belt buckle.

I think you really need to address some of his other details though. The inside of his cloak clearly reads"imperator". And the trim on the out side of the cloak also has lots of little dark angel swords on it.
I also don't think the little rhino spikes/horns are working, they're far to simply, blocky and angular compared to the rest of the model.

You've done a really nice job so far removing DA details but I think you need to keep going a but further, and then start adding in more chaos details . . .

Like chaosy trim on the shoulders.
More chaos details on the head & chest.
Etc.

Chaos is really in the details.

Good luck man!

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.

Last edited by Kreuger; 11-04-12 at 01:31 PM.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-07-12, 03:02 PM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-09-12, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
These guys are looking pretty good.

I think a skull, chaos star, or leering daemon head would be best as a belt buckle.

I think you really need to address some of his other details though. The inside of his cloak clearly reads"imperator". And the trim on the out side of the cloak also has lots of little dark angel swords on it.
I also don't think the little rhino spikes/horns are working, they're far to simply, blocky and angular compared to the rest of the model.

You've done a really nice job so far removing DA details but I think you need to keep going a but further, and then start adding in more chaos details . . .

Like chaosy trim on the shoulders.
More chaos details on the head & chest.
Etc.

Chaos is really in the details.

Good luck man!
Thanks! I really appreciate the advice and I think you have convinced me to take him back to the work bench and rework him. Remove all the DA stuff that was left and then add in some details to give more of a Choasy vibe.

Those Rhino spikes were my first ever dabble with Plasticard and you have convinced me they were ill advised. I may just remove anything extra to the helmet as its a pretty nice bit as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkmaster View Post
I'm gonna follow this project.
Well then I best get working on these guys again for you!

post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-23-12, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

So I have continued to work on anything but the stuff above. So I have some more WIP models this time some Bikers/Cavalry:

These are still a WIP so any comments would be helpful to get these guys just right.

Martok

post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-29-12, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

I received quite a bit of advice with this guy and some suggested I should remove the words etc around the edge of the cape as they indicated Imperial Allegiance so that is gone. Does "feel" better this way. Also I added a Skull to cover up the DA icon on his waist. Most significant of all the changes however, was the Angelus Bolter in place of the Powerfist. This came about as I was unaware that Dark Apostles could not take anything from the Melee Weapon Wargear list.

I am glad for the advice received and I am very happy with the new look. He somehow looks more stocky without the fist? All in all I am happy with it and cannot wait to get paint on him.

post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-29-12, 12:39 PM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

looking good mate. Looking forward to seeing the paint!

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Tags
chaos space marines , word bearers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode