Matcap's painting Corner; Knight Incoming! - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-04-14, 08:18 PM

Hey great project log
I enjoyed going through every page a lot of inspiration for a fellow Unforgiven.
Could you post hq version of the OSL marine picture?
Also could you please give some explanation on how did you make the gaming board, me and my mates have the same thing planned but no idea what materials to use or paints?
I want to make destroyed district on a deathworld with volcanic ash and lava here and there. So blacks with dark purple highlights for volcanic crystals and black/grey for ground.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-05-14, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Matcap's Flag is: Netherlands

Thanks @Stormxlr !

I'll try to get some better pictures up in the weekend, work permitting.
On account of the battle board, I built it using this guide:
http://www.coolminiornot.com/article...odular-terrain

It is quite brilliant and really takes you by the hand on how to build it.
The only real thing I deviated from is the colour scheme which was kinda inspired by this thread on dakkadakka:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum...og/308095.page

Hope that helps!
post #63 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-07-14, 10:57 PM

@Matcap
Wow mate, you dont even know how much help that was! This 2 links are golden I was looking for a good guide on how to make a proper gaming board with inbuilt terrain but couldnt find one that was worth a damn. This ones are amazing though.

I will be starting my own project log in few weeks when I get back to uni. Wait for scratch built DA vehicle pool (already started) and perhaps even a Thunderhawk in a few.

post #64 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-17-14, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

@Stormxlr

Great! I always need more project logs to keep me inspired and motivated to keep my own going

Quick update in between work (gonna have to pay for those imperial knights somehow):
Experimenting with zenithal highlighting on this guy, it works but I really need to keep it dark enough so I don't turn them into salamanders
post #65 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-17-14, 08:05 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

It's clearly not Salamanders, fantastic job! Out of interest, as a Pre Heresy Marine, is there a particular reason why he's wearing the green, but not the black of the Legion pre Heresy?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #66 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-17-14, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
It's clearly not Salamanders, fantastic job! Out of interest, as a Pre Heresy Marine, is there a particular reason why he's wearing the green, but not the black of the Legion pre Heresy?
Thanks!
Well I love the pre heresy models, however I wanted a bit more variety to it than a black pre heresy marines army which I think ravenguard/iron hands do better at the moment. So I decided to situate my army during the great scouring with ravenwing and deathwing still in black and the rest of the legion having repainted to the dark green armour we know and love.

Also keeps the look fluffy when I play either 30k or 40k

Still undecided if they are pre or post destruction of Caliban though...
post #67 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-18-14, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matcap View Post
Thanks!
Well I love the pre heresy models, however I wanted a bit more variety to it than a black pre heresy marines army which I think ravenguard/iron hands do better at the moment. So I decided to situate my army during the great scouring with ravenwing and deathwing still in black and the rest of the legion having repainted to the dark green armour we know and love.

Also keeps the look fluffy when I play either 30k or 40k

Still undecided if they are pre or post destruction of Caliban though...
Great looking marine! Love the green you got there. How did you manage to do a highlight like this?
I have one problem with it though... Where the hell are the high res pictures ? No seriously we need those mate, great stuff in here and I want to see them in all the splendor on a fullscreen!

Do you use DA in 30k?
post #68 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-18-14, 03:34 AM

fatmantis's Flag is: New Zealand

nice work..keep it up
post #69 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-20-14, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Thanks again guys, I know I should get some sort of decent photo shoot set up, but I'm swamped at the moment. The green is just alot of feathering and a bit of wet blending, starting with a very dark green and working up towards the light.

As I have a the attention span of a chipmunk, here is another little project. I loved the Librarian that came with the DV box but thought his sword arm was in an odd position so I kitbashed/sculpted him a new sword + arm. It's the first time I have done a bit of basic sculpting and I'm quite pleased with it. Especially happy I managed to perserve the original shoulder pad.

post #70 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-20-14, 06:55 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Nice work on the Librarian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode