Matcap's painting Corner; Knight Incoming! - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 119 (permalink) Old 08-04-13, 08:37 PM

Dragblud da scrunka's Flag is: United Kingdom

That marine is sick as hell the OSL is so subtle but amaazing plus the battle board too vey nice stuff going here! +rep

WAAAAGH Dragblud
W: 22 D: 6 L: 13

Space marines: Krakens Fury! (TBF)
W: 0 D: 0 L: 0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 119 (permalink) Old 08-06-13, 01:59 AM

Hellados's Flag is: United Kingdom

Oh yeah that's some very nice OSL there, I'm not a lover of it as such but you're use is very nice.

With the sentinels I reckon Star Wars could be good for inspiration for the AT-ATs and the little ones the Ewoks kill (although everything 40k is better then the SW universe in every way!). I think it may take some careful placing of battlefield wreckage and/or some green stuff to bend the legs a bit.
post #33 of 119 (permalink) Old 08-09-13, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Matcap's Flag is: Netherlands

Thanks guys, comments like those really help with the motivation!

Another part of the gaming board done! Only 4 more to go after this one.

Another angle

Next to the earlier board

For some reason flickr decides my photos need to be on the dark side, so in real life it's a bit lighter but these pics get the point across

post #34 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-03-13, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Right I've been playing around with my assault marines again. The first one is pretty much finished, just a matt varnish to take the shine off a bit and make him usable in game. Still doubting about the left shoulder pad if I should put a transfer on there or keep it plain... I really dislike the assault marine marking though:

Also playing around with building barricades from bits I have laying around:

Front

Back

And the mail man delivered my broken promise of not buying anything till the rest was painted

As always comments and critiques are welcome!
post #35 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-03-13, 01:34 PM

Entarion's Flag is: Czech Republic

Like it, like it , like it ! Simple coversions are great and like your highlighting. For the deathwing bone colour I would recommend to give first thicker layer and then water down paint so it has wash consistency. Then give 2-3 layers of "wash" colour and you get absolutely smooth surface. Anyway +rep
post #36 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-14-13, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the tips and comments Entarion! Will try the washing technique you described, as the army painter bone colour primer I bought seems to give the dreaded grainy texture.

Some quick WiP on the deathwing knights and two deathwing command squad members.

I didn't like the faces on the hooded heads so was thinking about using regular termie heads on them but then I saw a blog post where the blogger had cut out the faces to make them look more like the watchers in the dark. Genius! Now I think they have a proper menacing/brooding vibe. Also not a fan of the flail for the master so I positioned the included powersword to look like it's in its scabbard and he is resting his hand on it.

On the standard bearer I disliked the idea of him having a revered/priceless banner strapped to his back. So I combined the flail holding arm with the banner in the set and voila! a proper deathwing standard bearer. I'm also using the famous guide found around the internet to convert the regular terminator heads to look more like the grey knight ones.
post #37 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-23-13, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Righto, strike from the skies! Droppod finished :-)

After long deliberation I have decided to do something else with my deathwing terminators. Having always liked my Dark Angels to lean towards the knightly/black templar side and painting (off)white being the bane of my existence, I have decided that my DA will be timed right after the heresy and the breakup of legions into chapters during the Great Scouring. So whereas the chapter already painted their armour green, the deathwing did not yet paint their armour bonewhite but retained the original legion colour. I'm also planning on using more older armour mark items throughout the army. Another change I made is departing from cork plate and working with bark for the bases. I think it's a change for good.

Last edited by Matcap; 09-25-13 at 07:49 PM.
post #38 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-25-13, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Quick Wip update on the Deathwing knights/TH/SS termies. Based and ready to go!

And a better shot of the DW test termie:

Quite happy with how he turned out, feathering in the grey highlights took a crapload of time but that will get faster as I get more practice

Last edited by Matcap; 09-25-13 at 08:23 PM.
post #39 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-10-13, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Hooraah! Updates! Been neglecting the whole taking photos and showing my work to you lot of late, so here is some new terrain.

A new small building on which I experimented on with some of my lesser used greens:
Front

Back

And what is a building without somewhere to put it on...? So I finally finished my home-built battle board!

Finally!!

Detail shot

Top-down (had to climb on a chair to get this shot and still couldn't get it quite sharp)

Hope you guys enjoy them
post #40 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-10-13, 11:11 PM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

That gameboard is looking ace - Good going! :D

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode