Matcap's painting Corner; Knight Incoming! - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 119 (permalink) Old 06-23-13, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Matcap's Flag is: Netherlands

And my first ever proper powerweapon painted! Pretty pleased with the results. The Smartphone camera does botch up some of the layering so it looks better in real life.. no really!

Edited for better picture

Last edited by Matcap; 06-23-13 at 11:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 119 (permalink) Old 06-23-13, 03:31 PM

Power sword looks amazing!

My only gripe (although, feel free to ignore) is the white designs on the purple part of the robe look a little blotchy :/

Still, trumps anything I could do!
post #23 of 119 (permalink) Old 06-23-13, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi View Post
Power sword looks amazing!

My only gripe (although, feel free to ignore) is the white designs on the purple part of the robe look a little blotchy :/

Still, trumps anything I could do!
Thanks for the kind words! You are totally right about the white by the way, still a work in progress and they need another coat to clear them up .

post #24 of 119 (permalink) Old 07-01-13, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

For a change of pace!

As someone who has almost never worked on terrain I thought lets start small:

Lets build my own gaming board because the Realm of battle boards are hella expensive and have wayyy to much skulls for my liking.

Yesterday after hours of painstaking detail work and cursing the first plate is done. (Pro-tip kids: plan ahead, last time additions of corkplate, hand painted, while the rest of the board was done, are a pain in the arse and take a LOT of paint).

Behold, I'm well chuffed

And another angle:

Combined with my first imperial sector building, based to blend into the table

The theme I am going for is ash wastes/urban waste land. Mostly because the grey/brown tones contrast nicely with my and my brothers main armies of Dark Angels and Tau.
post #25 of 119 (permalink) Old 07-01-13, 12:14 PM

Hydraulix's Flag is: USA

OMG i love that table, thumbs man!

"I wager my testicles and the ongoing chance of fulfilling the lady friends desires and therefore my continued ability to breath that I'm not the only one in that boat as well."-Jacobite
post #26 of 119 (permalink) Old 07-09-13, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

Thanks! I'm planning on updating the log this week as I made some progress on scenery, the veterans and my shiny new droppod. Stay tuned

Edit:

-Damn! I just started work on my Deathwing which I stripped earlier and it seems I didn't really look closely enough. With white primer the dreaded bubbly texture came into view... Might try and scrape some of it off but I doubt I'll be using these models anymore

Last edited by Matcap; 07-09-13 at 10:25 AM.
post #27 of 119 (permalink) Old 07-26-13, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Right! Back from holiday and here is a sneak peek of what I've been working on: my wet blending/layering technique, very WIP ofcourse:

post #28 of 119 (permalink) Old 07-31-13, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

Look he made some friends! Ready to be primed

These assault marines where all kitbashed and heavily inspired by Mad Max' brilliant Black Templar army thread:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...arossa+crusade

They contain parts of BT and DA upgrade sprues and some tactical marines. Also my first ever sculpted helmet! I couldn't get hold of more of the BT helmets which are MK3 I believe so decided to make one myself.

Other work finished today: a simple landspeeder tornado conversion. I don't really like the box shape of the landspeeders and this way it looks a little more like something that can fly.

Finally a WIP of some terrain I have been playing around with. Inspired by the crashed aquilla lander I went looking around in my bits box for stuff I could use as walls/los blocking terrain and make the board more visually interesting:

post #29 of 119 (permalink) Old 08-02-13, 10:05 AM

Hellados's Flag is: United Kingdom

Really nice, looking forward to seeing some paint! I really need to get my hands on some BT upgrade sprues (already have some DA as its easy enough to convert to BA insignia. I'm going to steal the idea for the Sentinal too because I don't use the two I have in games.

keep it up
post #30 of 119 (permalink) Old 08-04-13, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Hellados BT upgrade sprues can be pretty expensive I found. I try to get the BT stuff from ebay/second hand places.
I'm interested in how you will position the sentinels, it took me a while to find a "natural" crash pose for this guy.

As always my attention quickly jumped to the next thing I wanted to try out.

Inspired by the earlier link I posted, I tried to do something to my DA that could make them a bit more menacing:

After a lot(!) of experimentation I finally found a way to give my boys in green the glowy red eyes with a very subtle OSL! Very pleased with the result. Now I only need to find a way to remove the shiny from the transfers I used... (edit, well that kind of resolved itself as I set the model away from taking the picture with half of a transfer flaking off..)

Last edited by Matcap; 08-04-13 at 06:26 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode