I have returned! Though still active on the hobby side of things, I was too lazy to snip any pictures or post about it on the forums. So here to remedy that a view of what I've been up to:
What's that you say, you don't like the legs on the Knight Warden kit? Sure cut up your 120 Euro model into bits, hoping it will turn out alright.
Note: I decided to post about this build when it was halfway through, so I don't have pictures of all phases, apologies!
Well after a lot of cutting and wailing and gnashing of teeth we got a set of legs going!
I really didn't like the saggy stance of the original pose, so opted to put the legs closer together and in more of a striding pose.
To get what you see above a lot of work had to be done. The balls that the Knight uses as ankles needed to be cut away and redone completely from greenstuff. The support rods on the sides of the ankle also needed resizing. To do this I cut away the original support rod and replaced them with plasticard rod.
Also shown in these puctures is the resculpting of the hip joints. These where the main culprits in the saggy look of the original model, so I cut them off (wincing all the time), then resculpting them in greenstuff. Something I found lacking in some of the other knight reposes is that people tended to leave the hydraulic rods and tubing around the hip area out, because it can be hard to reposition those.
The solution to the hydraulics was to reuse some of the leftover plasticard rods to cut the piping to size and fiddle it in there. For the tubing I just put a blowdryer to the parts to make them more malleable and position them how I wanted them as they cooled down. I do feel these details add a lot to the model and it would be a shame to let them out.
A front view of this part of the construction:
And with the first part of the body on top.
Having reposed the legs, I wanted to maximize my use out of the kit, so lets magnetise everything!
The build continued as a regular knight kit build, but I followed an excellent how to guide at From the Fang to make sure I could use all the pieces: http://fromthefang.blogspot.nl/2015/...en-kit_20.html
This converting was a stage which I didn't photograph, and which he explains a lot better so I'll leave you with the part I'm at now: with several arm pieces, the backmounted guns, faceplates and the stubber/melta magnetised. All the armour parts come off to facilitate painting later on.
(Better shots of finshed other models seen in the pics will be sure to follow)