Tom's Death Guard - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-12, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

TomG's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellados View Post
I really like all the painting and the green stuff looks tidy, clean wouldn't be the right word for nurgle :p

Definetly need some more guts and boils on the demon prince and deflier imho, just little ones but they're not turning my stomach enough

Also is the rotator cuff on the demon princes right arm connected to the arm enough, it looks like there is a little gap between it and the arm
Did some more on the Daemon Prince! Will hopefully have some pics up soon and get cracking on some paint for him. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
You have a lot of good work here. I really like the palette of colors on your death guard & cataphractii . . .with 1 exception.

The blood color isn't working. It's too bright and too shiny. It overwhelms the rest of the scheme and doesn't make a ton of sense. The Death Guard have been corrupt for 10,000 years, any blood by the gaps in their armor won't be that fresh, their armor didn't just split open today.

I'd make the same case for the zombies. They would look a lot better with a darker, scabbier red-brown. The color palette thus far is pretty muted and the red is pretty overwhelming. If you want to keep some fresh blood in there try to make it more restrained . . . Such as just in the mouth or on the claws.
Thanks for the input Kreuger. I see what you mean and will definitely try something new on my next batch of guys! Maybe changing the reds I use for greens as a more gooey pus look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisshli View Post
TomG,

I quite like the shade of white you got but think your minis can use a wash to dull down the chalkiness from the drybrush.... Something like watered down Agrax Earthshade or a light sepia wash...
I'll definitely try working a wash over them and see does this help. I tried to aim away from the chalky look...but hey that's drybrushing! I'll pop a pic up when I get around to testing this out! Thanks!

Thanks to everyone who has posted!

And for my update....well no painting has been done since I was last on I'm afraid but I have been working on my forgefiend! Here's a few more wip pics of him. Still a lot to do but he's coming along!

Quick question obviously he stretches past the base a little. Would it be likely that I wouldn't be able to use him in a tournament situation or do you think I would be okay?

That's all for now guys! Hope ye like. C&C welcome as always
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-12, 02:07 AM

Hellados's Flag is: United Kingdom

That's more like it! It's starting to make my skin crawl now :D

As for hanging over the base it should be ok, it's no different from a 'normal' sized miniature hanging over the base (see sanguinary guards weapons, wings, back pack and pose for an example )
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-12, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Hellados!

Well finished off my Cataphactii sergeant today well....I need to pick out a few more rivet things then he's done! Popping up the wip of the next one too.

Hope ye like!

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-04-13, 11:45 PM
ghpoobah's Flag is: United Kingdom

Loving the Forge Fiend and the colour scheme for the plague marines, I've decided to go green and slimy looking with mine.

As for Spawn, I'm Spamming them massively at the moment and have decided on a kit bash of
River trolls
Chaos Terminators
Chaos Spawn

I've got some pictures on my blog spot here http://moretoysoldiers.blogspot.co.u...es-so-far.html

Keep going, can't wait to see what else you are going to come up with for the Zombies (maybe check out Clockwork Goblins Zombie Nazi's that are coming out in 28mm son and which look awesome) and am really excited by what you are planning with the Maulerfiend
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-05-13, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpoobah View Post
Loving the Forge Fiend and the colour scheme for the plague marines, I've decided to go green and slimy looking with mine.

As for Spawn, I'm Spamming them massively at the moment and have decided on a kit bash of
River trolls
Chaos Terminators
Chaos Spawn

I've got some pictures on my blog spot here http://moretoysoldiers.blogspot.co.u...es-so-far.html

Keep going, can't wait to see what else you are going to come up with for the Zombies (maybe check out Clockwork Goblins Zombie Nazi's that are coming out in 28mm son and which look awesome) and am really excited by what you are planning with the Maulerfiend
Thanks man! Checked out your blog and there's some really awesome stuff there. Love your autocannon conversions and the unicycle bikers!
Your Spawn remind me of smaller Beastmen Jabberslythes, so they look really epic!

Quick update here. Painting has been slow due to Christmas and New Years, here's hoping all yer's went well!

Thought I'd give a little preview of my cultist unit. I had no real intention of using actual cultist models in my army. I would have only used zombies.

However, over Christmas I have acquired a decent mount of them and looking at them I thought.....Las Plagas! As a Resident Evil buff I thought from that perspective as to how they would fit into my army.

Hope ye like my trial scheme. I tried to make it fit in as best I could. It's not fully based yet and the second model needs some green stuffing.

Hopefully the move back to Uni will help me get back into a routine and off of the Xbox......who am I kidding.

Till next time guys
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-10-13, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Been a while since I've posted on here but thought I'd fill you on a little I've been up to! This is my Contemptor, been trying out a few new things on him, notably the paint chipping. I have some weathering pigments on the way too, so can't wait for those!

Hopefully getting my first game of 2013 in this week too. I have some other Forge World goodies to show you guys too, but all will be revealed once the painting begins!

Anyways, as for the Contemptor, he's still a WiP. One of my favorite minis if not my favorite, so hope I did him justice.
Let me know what ye think, C&C is always welcome!

Hope ye like
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-16-13, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

Well here's a catch up with my contemptor progress. He's pretty much done but I'm waiting on a few more weathering pigments to arrive.

First time trying out Vallejo Pigments so let me know what ye think. I applied Dark Slate Grey to the feet and upper shin area. I like how it turned out.

Anyone out there thinking of getting a contemptor I heartily advise it. One of my favorite models to put together and paint. I hope I've done it justice!

Got my first game in of the year 2 days ago. I lost but I've learned a few things...bikes, I need to make lots of bikes.

I have a few spare nob bikes laying around, might try something with those!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode