Kabal of this Darkened Heart - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-18-13, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Windows's Flag is: Canada

@Learath & Lemmy1916 - Thank you guys for the comments! This is the kind of stuff that keeps me going and gives me so much more motivation to continue plugging away at this project and pushing me to improve my painting skills.

Also had to say I will be partaking in a campaign near the end of this month and the goal of it is to get the players who have not finished painting their armies (myself and a few others included, seeing as how I am no where near finished) a better chance to finish a fully painted force for each stretch of the campaign, to motivate us to have a set goal to paint towards and all around have a fun time playing something bigger then the average game or two with some close friends. I for one am stoked, but I also want to turn this into a thread (its been an idea I have had going through my head since the campaign idea came about) so if there is enough interest from the other players I may possibly create another thread on that.

Anyway sorry for the rambling now on to a rather small update but I wanted to share anyway
Most conversion work done here, got a green stuff cloak on him (not overly impressed with how it turned out but for being my first try at it I am alright with it for now)

Got it undercoated and the beginning coats on the armor, grey areas will be finished as white so I wanted to make him stand out a bit with a few patches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-18-13, 12:49 PM

The_Werewolf_Arngeirr's Flag is: Canada

love the conversion on the archon! i might have to steal that for one of my future endeavors into my dark eldar, once I get the rest of my home stable again.
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-21-13, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

@The_Werewolf_Arngeirr - Thanks man and feel free to steal he was pretty easy to convert, hardest part might possibly be the cloak and its just practice.

Finished the Archon for the most part, I think I will tie him in though a little more with a lightning decal on the back side of his cloak. I do apologize for the lack of quality of these photos, quickly took them off my phone instead of busting out the camera.

Next up should be the other half squad of wyches I'll need to pump out in the next day or two and then onto the raider I started earlier on. Got the list made up for what I am going to use for the campaign kick off next weekend, stuck with only 750 points so going to be a unit of warriors accompanied by the archon in a raider, wyches in a raider and two ravagers one rolling lances and the other d cannons for some anti-infantry. Give my troops some mobility in case of capture objectives and the lance ravager plus both raiders for anti tank and the d cannon ravager to hunt armored infantry or go wild on infantry blocks (friend is playing orks). As far as I know I will be facing two tau players, an ork player, an eldar player and either an IG or eldar player.

Last edited by Windows; 07-21-13 at 09:29 PM.

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-17-13, 06:32 AM Thread Starter

Default Windows Imperial Guard legion

Been awhile since the last update, but on the news front the campaign has not started. Looks like a conflict of schedules is what will put off the beginning of this, a lot of play testing has gone underway and the DE cannot compete with tau and eldar already. Orks proved to be very tough along with IG and I have yet to test against the Grey Knights. Seem to get punished so much for charging and I fear the army isn't as effective until it receives an update, so with that being said I will be switching to IG for this upcoming campaign. I couldn't change the headline of this thread, but I wasn't overly interested in starting a whole new thread so I will continue my project log in here!

Well to start it off I'm continuing the scheme I had prior.

So far that is the only painted model I have in the army, for the rest I had to tear apart a lot of models as they were previously assembled and I had changed my mind about going Cadians. They are still based on the model but aren't Cadian, haven't really thought of any background on these guys yet other then they have a spec ops feel to them. Anyway this is what I have so far.

Needing lots of plasma and rather not buy it so why not convert some! All will have backpacks converted from the vox casters and wire running from the gun to the pack. Have yet to get all the drill work done.

Command Squad so far, have plans to convert the senior officer just have been putting it ha.

Sorry for the picture quality, only had my phone with me so that will have to work for now. Once its all painted I will take some better pics.

Here is just a veteran squad, campaign so far is starting off at 1000pts so the list so far is looking like 3 vendettas, 4 vet squads with 2 plasma 2 of which will be in chims, then a command squad with 3 plasma in a vendetta. List is still subject to change since there are a ton of options for this army.

Sergeant going to be propped up against a leaning wall, took a helmet and cut it up a bit so it will be on his base. Planning for a lot of character and conversion work in this army. Planning on making all the sergeants very different.

And lastly one of the three birds. Still waiting some magnets on the wings and back hatch along with some conversion work on the lascannons.

That is all for now
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-17-13, 10:53 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Loving the different conversions for on the guard in this. Nice work on the plasma guns, it's always nice seeing effort being put into IG rather than just seeing them as meatshields.
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-28-13, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

@Jacobite - Thanks man! I agree I like seeing all the different character that imperial armies can have, its a lot of effort to make all the infantry look unique but I deff think it will be worth it in the end.

Slow with updates, been travelling a bit, but I have the final look of the plasma guns down. This is the only picture I got of a couple, there are more done and more on the way to being done.

If anyone is curious about the backpacks, they are made out of the vox casters. I can take more pics of what it looks like if anyone wants. Also got another one of the birds built so one more vendetta to build, I still have yet to get some paint on these bad boys and try out this new Windsor & Newton brush I found for a steal. Very excited about that and until next update cheers!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode