LTP takes on wahammer fb.... Ogres (updated 23.6.13) - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-20-12, 11:19 AM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

The highlights are looking a touch powdery; I assume you have a glaze or such to add.

I am also curious as to how well a Land Speeder will function in an Ogre army.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-21-12, 05:26 AM

KjellThorngaard's Flag is: USA

Location: In the basement, surrounded by Woodland Scenics packages.

Hey LTP- if you find that you need some paints or brushes or supplies, let me know. I gots a shop close by and fast service from the Warstore and will send you anything you might be short of. Your service is appreciated.

Well, almost anything. If you need a Titan I won't be able to spot you that!

post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-21-12, 06:11 AM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KjellThorngaard View Post
Well, almost anything. If you need a Titan I won't be able to spot you that!
*cough* Epic *cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T Hobbit View Post
I am also curious as to how well a Land Speeder will function in an Ogre army.
with Skillz

----

Proud of your work LTP; best wishes and hope that all of you (military peeps) are staying safe...if not

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.

post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-21-13, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
LTP

LTP's Flag is: England

Hey guys. Sorry its taken so long to update this. Between work, uni and painting my Lightning Hawks I haven't had much time to really start these guys. Here is the first ogre complete

This is my first time using metallics since i painted the reaver titan so I'm getting used to them again. I dont think they turned out too bad to be honest.

Cheers

LTP

post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-22-13, 05:58 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Dam your ability to paint skin LTP! THese look great, looking forward to seeing more of them!
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-22-13, 06:33 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Oof. Would go to great lengths for your skill at doing skin. Great job do far; will keep following, certainly.

The tattoo looks a little sloppy--but then, the ogres themselves would hardly be neat with a needle, and I can't imagine a gnoblar having the attention span to do a good job...

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-22-13, 07:42 AM

dat ogre skin looks great.
I 'm building my own Ogre army these days, and I was sick of watching all those fat boyz pics on the web, having a grey skin. Have you thought of converting them. I mean, ogres are, like, begging to be conversed. Will save you $ if you do so too. Like taking Bullz, and making 6 mournfangs. (same price as 6 bulls = 1 mourn). Easy made by making them arabic styled, and instead of that giant rhino (or w/e it is) you go for a flying carpet.

And there is always the Samurai Ogre conversion ^^ hue hue.

Anyways.. Waiting to see more of your fat ones.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-22-13, 08:45 AM
Boc
Like a Bawss

Boc's Flag is: USA

Adequate, I suppose

Just kidding, looks great! The metallics look good, though the painted on "shine" on the left side of the cannon looks more abrupt (less blended could be a better word) than the shine on the right. Either way, better than I could do haha

Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories Challenge 13-06: "Serenity" has started, get your stories in by July 11th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
3. Nothing Boc said should ever be taken seriously. Unless he's talking about being behind you. Then you run like fuck.
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-22-13, 01:19 PM

This looks like it could be really cool, will be checking up on this regularly! Especially looking forward to how you paint your Firebelly!
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-30-13, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
LTP

LTP's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
Dam your ability to paint skin LTP! THese look great, looking forward to seeing more of them!
Thanks dude hopefully I can get a couple painted each week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Oof. Would go to great lengths for your skill at doing skin. Great job do far; will keep following, certainly.

The tattoo looks a little sloppy--but then, the ogres themselves would hardly be neat with a needle, and I can't imagine a gnoblar having the attention span to do a good job...
Thankyou. How do you mean sloppy? They are painted as I would imagine them to be tattoed haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofresin View Post
dat ogre skin looks great.
I 'm building my own Ogre army these days, and I was sick of watching all those fat boyz pics on the web, having a grey skin. Have you thought of converting them. I mean, ogres are, like, begging to be conversed. Will save you $ if you do so too. Like taking Bullz, and making 6 mournfangs. (same price as 6 bulls = 1 mourn). Easy made by making them arabic styled, and instead of that giant rhino (or w/e it is) you go for a flying carpet.

And there is always the Samurai Ogre conversion ^^ hue hue.

Anyways.. Waiting to see more of your fat ones.
I get bored of painting Grey with the NMM I do on other models so i thought I would mix it up a bit. I am crap at modelling. I can remove mould lines and glue things together but thats about it to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boc View Post
Adequate, I suppose

Just kidding, looks great! The metallics look good, though the painted on "shine" on the left side of the cannon looks more abrupt (less blended could be a better word) than the shine on the right. Either way, better than I could do haha
Haha yeah yeah Boc Yeah I'm still adjusting to real metallics rather than NMM. I will be blending better on the next one. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charandris View Post
This looks like it could be really cool, will be checking up on this regularly! Especially looking forward to how you paint your Firebelly!
Thankyou. I am saving him till last me thinks or I'll just get finecast rage and give up haha.

HEre is an update....

I'm really sorry for the picture quality the lighting here is terrible. I'll try and get a shot in the sun tomorrow. As you can see it is still very WIP. Hopefully I can get him finished tomorrow.

Ciao

LTP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode