Loyalist's Log of All That's Good And Holy!!! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-03-08, 06:06 AM Thread Starter

loyalist42's Flag is: USA

Default Loyalist's Log of All That's Good And Holy!!!

Righty, well, I figured I'd start up a thread chronicling my continuing forays into the world of small plastic and metal men, as work on the Storm Troopers has been a bit slow lately and I'm frankly getting tired of posting random selections in Painting & Modelling....

So, as it stands, I've got a fairly substantial collection of Guard and Marines (42nd Cadian Shock and Storm Guard, respectively) as well as the beginnings of a Witch Hunters contingent. I'll get some group shots and post them tomorrow, as I don't really have decent ones right now...

My current projects are a trio of heavy weapon teams I recently bought, converting a Sentinel, and a wrecked Leman Russ I'm entering in a competition on another forum...

Details of the individual projects...

So, tomorrow's work (for reference, it's just past 1 am where I am)...start paint on the heavy weapon teams, start sandbagging the living hell out of my tank wreck, find plasticard to build an armored crew compartment for the Sentinel and to fill in holes in my tank wreck, and get army shots for this thread....

Oh, and a logistical note...I'll be posting progress on my Storm Trooper Project in its dedicated thread. Everything else I do (at least until I do a non-Imperial force.....) will go here.

Thanks for looking!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navar89
if I hang out with you any more I just might pick up 40K...You, sir, are dangerous.

Holy shit, I've a plog again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-03-08, 10:09 AM
For Da Boss

dirty-dog-'s Flag is: New Zealand

great going mate, hope you succed in finding the plasticard, i know from experiance its hard to find here, dnt know about in the us though

omgitsduane's # 1 Fan

Russian Winter Guard Thread

post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-03-08, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Funnily enough, finding a supplier wasn't the difficult part...I just haven't used my sheets of plasticard in about 8 months or so, and I've got no idea just where the hell I've put it...

Well, not much progress so far...but I did get group shots!

My small Witch Hunters contingent...

My DIY Space Marine army (Storm Guard)...

And my growing Guard Army...

I counted up points for my Guard today; to my complete shock, I've actually made it over the 1500 mark...and it's a completely game-legal force! As it's my first legal army, I'm fairly chuffed....now to get it all painted....

Quote:
if I hang out with you any more I just might pick up 40K...You, sir, are dangerous.

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-03-08, 08:03 PM

Looking Great!
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-03-08, 09:32 PM
For Da Boss

lol i know how ya feel with painting.

i only have after school to paint now. i can only seem to fully finish 1 guy every day. or if i don't do the base, can get a drone done too.

i like your space marines, theyre looking really good ae.

and cant wait to see the finished gaurd regiment.

oh and are you doing conversions for your witch hunters?

omgitsduane's # 1 Fan

post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-10-08, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the comments!

Yeah, I'm looking into conversion possibilities for my Witch Hunters...a test mini is in the very near future.

Well, got caught up in another side project...making a fully decked-out, kilted and bearded bagpiper for my Guard army. It'll count as a Trademark Item for my Colonel. As my green stuff skills really aren't up to the task of sculpting cloth, I went with a different technique...

It's a fairly simple process...I soaked a bit of tissue in watered-down PVA glue, then carefully draped it around the mini. It dries fairly stiff, and generally acts like cloth. I think it turned out fairly well...thoughts?

Next on the list will be finishing my heavy weapon teams, whipping up a test mini for the Witch Hunter conversions, and finally getting some actual work done on my tank wreck.....

Quote:

post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-10-08, 11:09 PM
For Da Boss

that is one bloody good idea.

omgitsduane's # 1 Fan

post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-11-08, 02:32 PM

Telliphas's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
I soaked a bit of tissue in watered-down PVA glue, then carefully draped it around the mini. It dries fairly stiff, and generally acts like cloth.
Thats a clever idea, i might have to steal that one as my GS-fu skills are lacking when it comes to making cloth / robes of any kind.

Despair all ye nations, there's no hope for us now.
For we made this monster, placed a crown on his brow.
He fed on our apathy; our pain made him swell.
We gave him dominion, he gave us his hell.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-14-08, 03:53 AM Thread Starter

By all means; I shamelessly stole the technique from a guy on another forum who used it to make tarps.

Well, progress has been a bit slow of late, but here's what I got...

The first of my Arco-Flagellents. Testing out a paint scheme for them; the cloth will be white with red =]l[= regalia.

Fist look at the test model for the Sisters of Battle conversions I've been contemplating. Basic idea is to have them be fanatical super-storm troopers. I figure I'll paint litanies all over the armor, and the bolter will be connected to the backpack via guitar wire.

Finally, got some more modelling work done on the bagpiper. He'll be carrying the pipes under one arm, with a pistol in the other...my green stuff-jitsu isn't quite up to modelling the arms in the correct position to be playing the pipes.

Well, that's all for now...I'll be trying to complete all of these, in addition to the heavy weapon squads. Should have a bit of time tomorrow, so mayhap you'll see another update then.......

Quote:

post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-16-08, 04:48 AM

pyroanarchist's Flag is: USA

I love your GS beards. I really like the bagpipe player too, it will definately be a unique conversion piece. Keep up the great work.

Blood for the Blood God!

Brass Scorpion Project

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode