Night Lords 10th & 11th Companies! - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 117 (permalink) Old 07-15-12, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi View Post
When I see Night Lords I want to see Rhinos!

I do love the Night Lords Character model (having bought it 7 times), but I always felt like the legs were out of proportion with the rest of him. Makes him look a little short and weedy next to the plastics. And God Forbid you stand it next to Ahriman!
I got a Rhino packed at the moment which I will begin to work upon once my 2nd and 3rd Claws are finished. Oh you got 7 of that bad boy? Hahah oh yeah his one tall S.O.B.

Here cometh the Fourth Claw, which is my Havocs. Model-wise they are former Emperor's Children, that when I looked upon them I felt, "I already got 3 squads of these guys, the NL's got none!" I uploaded previously how they used to look, here comes the ending results.

They aren't based upon any particular characters, but I will try and re-read the books to see if I find some interesting names soo enough
:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 117 (permalink) Old 07-23-12, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Hello guys! So today is not just any day but it is my birthday!!! So happy me! To celebrate this I think I will get around to order Fear to Tread, and perhaps look into either getting more Raptors, Terminators or perhaps a Dread for my Night Lords! I don't know just yet.

Also I showed ADB, the author behind the characters my Night Lords project is based upon and he look enthusiastic about as can be seen here. I got no pictures at the moment, still working on my slog of regular Astartes. I got 8 soon to be finished at least and working on them. Here is a sneak peak as of July what you guys can expect soon. Also now my projects Imperial Guard: Cadian 443rd, Emperor's Children warband and my Iron Warriors are 100% complete. Feels good to move on now.

post #13 of 117 (permalink) Old 07-26-12, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

So my quest for the next big step, which would be vlogging has begun. Today I have:
- Looked up Royalty Free Music, anymore tips are highly welcome.
- Found a Codec & voice recording programs which I intend to install and use later on.
- Begun to write a script, I want to to NOT be spontanious but with a thought behind it.
- Recharged my camera so it can be put to better use.

The idea with this vlog is to first and foremost bring forth my models in a new light other than the frozen images, its to take new paths to spread the hobby and to give slightly not so good book-reviews. The final part is to perhaps make some money of (with commercials and all that on Youtube) so I can get newer models to show.

I also begun with making a bad Intro-picture in Photoshop. Here is Version 1.0 (my edition):

With the thankful help of Erika, a good internet-friend of mine, here is her version 1.2:

post #14 of 117 (permalink) Old 07-26-12, 02:52 PM

Lethiathan's Flag is: United Kingdom

Cool Idea! And may I ask, how many chaos armies do you have? I know I've seen at least 3 on heresy...

World's Worst Project-Logger.

Slightly Derranged, would advice staying away.
post #15 of 117 (permalink) Old 07-29-12, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethiathan View Post
Cool Idea! And may I ask, how many chaos armies do you have? I know I've seen at least 3 on heresy...
I have 3 Chaos-armies to honest, 1 IG. On a individual basis, I'm up to close to 200 individual Marines or something. The main ones are Emperor's Children, Iron Warriors and Night Lords, but I have a small auxilliary of World Eaters & Death Guard.
post #16 of 117 (permalink) Old 07-30-12, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

So now I've finally begun with my Vlog and here is version 1.1 of the intro. I think I will change the voice and try and speak up a little for the next, or use another quote. A friend of mine will help with fixing up the logo she said but its a start. How do you post Youtube-vids in the threads btw?

http://youtu.be/Np9wt91f3w8

HTML Code:
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Np9wt91f3w8?version=3&amp;hl=sv_SE"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Np9wt91f3w8?version=3&amp;hl=sv_SE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
post #17 of 117 (permalink) Old 08-13-12, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Time for update, this is Second Claw. Only known member is Xan Kurus. These are based upon the passing name in Void Stalker. As I understand it he managed to have a full made squad at his desposible. Also I got some new videos up on my channel, does anybody know how to post them here in the forums so they can be watched?

post #18 of 117 (permalink) Old 08-13-12, 06:16 PM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Regular link to Youtube should get the link across okay. Great work on the models as well, love the Night Lords and the novels.
post #19 of 117 (permalink) Old 08-13-12, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane_of_Kings View Post
Regular link to Youtube should get the link across okay. Great work on the models as well, love the Night Lords and the novels.
Alrighty I'll give it a try. I should warn the sound was crappy on the first 2 actual vids, but I will get that fixed for the future.

Welcome to the Vlog
!

As the videos are 16 mins, I have had to cut short on much thingys and I know a really good review should be like 2000 words without hardly even mentioning the plot.

Last edited by forkmaster; 08-18-12 at 10:24 AM.
post #20 of 117 (permalink) Old 08-14-12, 11:17 AM

Disciple_of_Ezekiel's Flag is: USA

Great looking unit of choosen Fork. The lord with the giant wings on his helm is my favorite, reminds me of the evil knight lord from the movie Willow. The apothecary doesnt seem to fit in so well tho, only because of his color compared to the rest of your models.

Anyways, keep up the good work.

Regards,
DoE

"To retreat is defeat. Advance! Advance! In our Death lies Victory."
Captain Denos, 19th Company,468th regiment of the
Death Korps of Krieg

The K.R.I.E.G. Project (My Death Korps of Krieg Plog)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode