Leave No Model Unconverted: A Tall Scale Battle Company in the making - Page 16 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 157 (permalink) Old 04-24-15, 01:21 AM Thread Starter

If Marneus Calgar is supposed to be "one of the Imperium's greatest tacticians" and he treats the Codex like it's the War Bible, but the Codex is garbage, then how bad is everyone else?

True Scale Space Marines: An odyssey in posing, tall scaling and other madness.

The Brief and Humorous History of the Horus Heresy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 157 (permalink) Old 04-12-16, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
agree on both.
The first part is certainly true.

So, it's been basically a year. I was really not busy for a while. I moved to a place even closer to the beach, and the hobby was all downhill from there, haha.

Then we started playing X-Wing mostly. Other than magnetizing all my ships, there's not much I can do with that game, conversion-wise.

But, then, suddenly the clouds parted, a ray of sunlight pierced through from the heavens, and Genestealer Cult returned to the Warhammer 40K universe.

So I cut them apart.

More on that project when I have the time to construct a coherent long-form post for it.

Oh, and this:

“We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.” - H. P. Lovecraft
Old Man78 likes this.

If Marneus Calgar is supposed to be "one of the Imperium's greatest tacticians" and he treats the Codex like it's the War Bible, but the Codex is garbage, then how bad is everyone else?

post #153 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-05-16, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

I've been away for a bit. So busy, so little attention to my forum posts. You guys can always follow me on Facebook, as it will update any time I do anything new. I don't post a ton, so it isn't like I'm going to spam your page. Heck, with Facebook's new algorithm, you'll be lucky to see anything from me at all unless you like/comment on my posts (then Facebook decides you "care" enough).

https://www.facebook.com/LeaveNoModelUnconverted/

Picture dump: .

Oldcrons! with converted gauss weapons and re-posed legs and arms.

More Eldar Corsairs

Space Skaven! Proof of concept test models made from Stormvermin, and a variety of 40K weapons. My buddy loves Skaven, but can't seem to get into Necromunda.

Mordheim

X-Wing (well, a B-Wing, technically)

Genestealer Cultists

A "platoon's" worth of "Upright" Space Orks

Even started putting a few base-layers of paint on Spess Mahreens
Old Man78 likes this.

post #154 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-06-16, 02:17 AM

Roganzar's Flag is: USA

I love the idea of 40k Skaven in Necromunda. There would totally be mutant ratmen living in the polluted, radioactive depths of the Hives.
A thought on their weapons though. I think their weapons would look a little more varied. Like pulling in orc shootas and cultist, (Chaos & geenstealer) along with some regulation flashlights, err... I mean, lasguns.
Other than that always fun to see an update from you.

01010100 01101111 01100001 01110011 01110100 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110110 01100101 01110010 01111001 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100001

Forge World Sidera Maris project.

Warhammer Age of Sigmar project

Horus Heresy project
post #155 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-06-16, 09:56 PM

Fluketrain's Flag is: United Kingdom

Haha, another fan of having models step up onto bits of sprue .

Are you working on all those armies at the same time?
post #156 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-07-16, 05:58 AM Thread Starter

I figured Necromunda mutant rats would have scavenged Imperial weapons. Since they'll likely get used for Kill Team too, I gave a couple Kroot rifles too. I put models on sprue because eventually they should have real bases, and the sprue helps hold them in place and keeps them from breaking off the bases.

What are armies? You talk like I actually play 40K ever, lol. We play a little bit of Necromunda and Mordheim, but 40K games are few and far between. I just like cutting up figures and re-posing them to look cooler. I mean, I'd like to play more 40K, but it rarely happens. In the mean time, I just like having cool looking models that are unique to my collection. Because my favorite part of the hobby is seeing what people can create with their imaginations.

I was working on my own variant of Kill Team based closer on 2nd Edition rules mixed with some of the better WW2 games like Chain of Command and Battlegroup Kursk, but it's a massive undertaking to get it all balanced. I'd love to just play some platoon-sized games of 40K where movement and terrain matter again and there aren't any death stars or giant robots etc. So all of my "armies" are built using that idea.

I already have about 200 or so IGuard (Steel Legion and metal Cadians) and some tanks and transports. I'll end up having roughly "platoon" sized forces of Orks, Tau, Necrons, Eldar Corsairs, and Genestealer Cult when I'm "done", along with some vehicles for each. Then I can just play with my friends, since I can supply all the models, heh.

post #157 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-10-16, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

I've been kind of industrious. My Counts-As Deathwatch using actual Deathwatch parts are taking shape. The Mark 8 kit is cool. Far better proportions and a little taller than the standard kits, so it takes less extension to have them at the same scale. Models on the right are Mk8 bodies, the one on the left is a standard Mk7 from the old kit.

I threw together some more Fire Warriors with "Shorty" Pulse Rifles. I really like the Breacher Helmet. Wish I had more of them. The new Tau Fire Warrior kit is a massive improvement over the old one. They're still not the most exciting models in the world, but they're way better than they used to be, and the kit actually has some interesting bits on the sprues.

Dark Gray are new, light Gray are old.

Oh hey, look, I have a medal. Hadn't noticed that before, but apparently I've had it for a while, lol.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode