TehJimbos Bits and Bobs Project (Pic Heavy) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-12, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

TehJimbo's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default TehJimbos Bits and Bobs Project (Pic Heavy)

Hey guys i thought id make a general thread for what im working on so you guys can see me improve/give me some guidance!

Im working in SM's atm but i just bought a GK set for the weapons, these are going to be for my own personal amusement and display, i just love painting and its a great (but not cheap) Hobby!

2nd model back

Base and Jump Pack.

Base freshly earthshade washed.

Model stuck with white tak to show set up.

Back View.

Side view.

Mephiston Red basecoat, Earthshade wash, Layered with Mephiston Red then a 1:1 Mephiston Red/Evil Sunz Scarlet.

Highlighted jump-pack with Trollslayer orange.

Finished from all angles:

3rd Model (Only finished pictures for this one)

Lamp Off:

4th Model (The one im proudest of to date)

And my latest project, im going to try and do some wear and tear on this guy aswell as hopefully get a Tyranid model (for cheap or free) and have the Marine protecting himself from the onslaught with the shield, please let me know what you think! This is dry fit so i will be angling the shield arm more, also there were no left handed Halberds in my GK box so i improvised and made the arm from bits in my Assault Marine pack.

So yeah! Thats me so far, any comments and criticism are welcomed! Its the only way to improve.

Cheers,

TJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-12, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Okay slight update, Basecoats are done and im just about to wash it all!

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-12, 09:53 PM

pchandler43's Flag is: USA

Really great work man. You've given me some inspiration for my assault marines squad that I'm planning out for Kayvaan Shrike. Right now I have Kayvaan jumping over this plasticrete block. I wanna work the assault marines into that idea and have this big scenic base for them to sit in when on display, where they're assaulting through some ruins or a fortification or something. Anyway, really great work!

"From the darkness we strike: fast and lethal, and by the time our foes can react... darkness there and nothing more."
Raven Guard saying

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-12, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

I know its been a while since the last update but ive been really busy with work, i scrapped the attacked Marine idea when i completely screwed up the weathering/damage with the craft knife (stupid me) however ive started a new marine today so id love to hear what you guys think, also payday on friday and a painting competition on the 14th in the Derby store near me so im thinking of taking the diorama idea and running with it by buying another assault kit and a Hive Tyrant.

Im also trying a new red technique. Mephiston > Evil Sunz > Agrax wash > touch up with evil sunz leaving some of the brown/red showing > wild rider drybrush (lightly) > bloodletter glaze. Let me know what you think

Apologies for the pics the cameras not amazing, ill take some more in better light tomorrow but you get the idea ;) Also any ideas for the right hand? Its really stumping me.

Thanks for looking guys.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-12, 05:20 PM

Hellados's Flag is: United Kingdom

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-12, 05:26 PM

The_Werewolf_Arngeirr's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellados View Post
looking good mate, where's the glave from?
that power glaive is from the GK power armor, think its from the old metal ones even but im not sure on that one.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-12, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellados View Post
looking good mate, where's the glave from?
Its the Grey Knights plastic set, only bought it for the weapons, looking to do a Blood Angel staving in the tyrants head with a thunder hammer!

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-12, 09:02 PM

Hellados's Flag is: United Kingdom

Very cool idea mate. I've been tempted to do some dead people on my bases but i haven't had the guts yet.

Although in one of my most recent games i had one of my killa kans that killed 8 of my own boys, 1 of my own copters and immobilised my battle wagon playing against my mates nids, was so funny but i think that guy is going to get a dead ork on his base :D
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-12, 02:58 AM

I really like the pose on your crouching marine with shield/halberd, looking forward to seeing what you come up with there on paint. The paint looks solid to me, my only critique would be the light/glowy green you did on one of the gun of....uh....this guy:

http://i.imgur.com/M7kFn.jpg

It just bugs me, it looks as though this is like a plasma port or something glowy, but if it is then it looks like you might have been really tired and just slapped it with a heavy brush--or if its supposed to be alien blood it's better but looks like it could use something more, come clumps of brighter gore, maybe? It really draws my eye away from the rest of the model, and looks as though it could use highlighting or an extra little bit of TLC to make it pop and be an attraction for the model rather than a slight drawback.

Other than that, I like the posing, kit-bashing and your bases. What did you use to build up the base of your jumping assault marine? Rocks, cork, modelling clay?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-12, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaughter001 View Post
I really like the pose on your crouching marine with shield/halberd, looking forward to seeing what you come up with there on paint. The paint looks solid to me, my only critique would be the light/glowy green you did on one of the gun of....uh....this guy:

http://i.imgur.com/M7kFn.jpg

It just bugs me, it looks as though this is like a plasma port or something glowy, but if it is then it looks like you might have been really tired and just slapped it with a heavy brush--or if its supposed to be alien blood it's better but looks like it could use something more, come clumps of brighter gore, maybe? It really draws my eye away from the rest of the model, and looks as though it could use highlighting or an extra little bit of TLC to make it pop and be an attraction for the model rather than a slight drawback.

Other than that, I like the posing, kit-bashing and your bases. What did you use to build up the base of your jumping assault marine? Rocks, cork, modelling clay?
Thanks for the feedback man it will all be taken into account, im just really trying to improve with each model i do its mean to be a bit of glow so ill go back and further highlight to make it pop. The jumping assault marine was rocks, slate and sand from my garden, with some moss i put in glycerin to preserve it

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode