Rumour Control's Death Korps of Krieg - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-24-13, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Rumour_Control's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hi all, I mangaged to get some more done on my thudd guns tonite.

Finished the guns and the aegis barricades ready for varnishing and weathering powders to go on after ive glued the barricades and crew to the bases.

Really sorry for the crap quality of the pics.

Thanks for looking.

This is Rumour Control, here are the facts...

Rumour control's Death Korps of Krieg log
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=111543

Last edited by Rumour_Control; 01-24-13 at 10:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-26-13, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumour_Control View Post
Then basecoated in vallejo model air 71052 German Grey

Then i ran out of paint! so i only got 1 medusa and crew basecoated. Now im off to my favourite supplier where i but almost all my modelling supplies for some more paint!
I just bought some new Vallejo model air colors from thewarstore.com. I bought 3 bottles of 71052 German Grey to use on my in-progress Death Korps of Krieg army.

But damn... the new bottles of 71052 German Grey are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than the old bottle that I have (the old bottle that is about to run out and needs replacing!). The new color isn't just slightly darker or slightly off. It's a completely different color. In fact, it seems to be the exact same shade as Model Color German Grey 995. Funny thing is, Vallejo has an FAQ explaining why the Model Color is darker and that they would be relabelling it to read "Dark German Grey". But apparantly someone in the mixing department didn't get the memo, and instead of changing the label on the Model Color, they instead changed the color of Model Air to match the MUCH DARKER Model Color of the same name.

I am perplexed. First of all, it was a waste of money to buy 3 bottles of a color I probably won't use (well, maybe I can base coat some tanks with it or something). But most importantly, I'm really needing to find the same color as the old Model Air German Grey. My army is well in progress and I need to finish it out with the same color scheme. And this one paint just so happened to be the primary color of the infantry models' coats and pants, not to mention all of the tanks and vehicles.
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-25-13, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Rumour_Control's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Rumour Control's Death Korps of Kreig (HW teams and Warhound update)

Hi all, sorry its been a few months since I last posted an update, been busy trying to be a good husband and daddy! anyway heres what ive been up to.

First of all these, just got the mortars to paint now.

Then this...

and finally this... new gun for the reaver.

Just a quick size comparison

There's still a few little bits to finish like the guns on the titans and the bases on the weapon teams which will happen over the next few weeks.

Played apoc at my local store yesterday so the warhound was my challenge to see if I could paint it in time, i just made it, finished it at 1am on saturday morning, the game started at 10am! Plenty of time, 9 hours to spare!

Thansk for looking everyone, your comments and critique are always welcome and taken on board.

This is Rumour Control, here are the facts...

Rumour control's Death Korps of Krieg log
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=111543

Last edited by Rumour_Control; 08-25-13 at 05:07 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode