Knights Sanguine (Pictures are included) - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-11-12, 12:21 AM

RedThirstWill Destroy's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftystylin View Post

And stayed up till 2 last night editing the decal's. I was unsure what to use so I took the Blood Swords decal off Bolter and Chainsword thanks to a hint from RedThirst and just filled in the white edges of the overlapping swords.
You're welcome, Your work looks damm fine too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-11-12, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Zero effect: I think you're right. The red doesn't really show very well and am wondering whether green or blue would provide a good contrast. I'll try that on another plasma pistol in the squad and see!
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-16-12, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

I don't have much to update. I've been at uni doing a lot on the final piece of coursework and revision for exams. My patience for painting fine detail has been lost so am currently splashing mechrite red over a Rhino and a Land raider in preparation for a red basecoat. Rhino has Death company doors and am doing the Land raider the same red and gold as the Death company just so it stands out.

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-17-12, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Wu-hey! An update.

I got a bit bored this evening and recently bought a Commander box and a box of grey knights to create a terminator from Wayland games. BTW, anyone from UK, I recommend making an account, they often have free delivery offers for members and are much cheaper than GW. Shameless advertising over, I decided to make myself a librarian out of the GK box set and is m-hee-ar!

I spent about 3 hours positioning this guy so I kinda hope he looks natural but c+c are most welcome. I know he's not a true librarian but I wanted the GK box for another project so thought I would...! Also, I know the Stormbolter, sword and staff is a bit 'overkill anonymous' but really couldn't find an arm that would fit it better. Also had to pump loads of stones underneath the model to get the legs to the right height.

Next up is my Commander. I thought about this guy long before I came up with the idea to do a BA chapter. His name is "Commander Pallistus the red" because he's a death company trooper that initially succumbed to the black rage. After prolonged service to the Emperor and thought of the amount of Chaos slain by his hands, he began to be at piece with the rage. His wealth of memories and knowledge that Sanguinius had forced upon all Blood Angel seeds had shown it's use in Pallistus. He began to command the Death Company and proved to be more useful as a field tactician working his way up the Knights Sanguine ladder to the rank of commander.
Anyway, enough babble, here is the concept. It is just a concept atm so please do comment and criticise!!! I have an issue with the alignment of the legs and he doesn't look sturdy but I will have a play around with that. I am also considering changing his torso as I am not a fan of the rope across the chest and might use a Death Company torso in keeping with his background.

I did want a powersword aswell but don't have one lying around.

Finally, I base painted a tactical troop but am not keen on the black now that I look at it...

So here is my proposed paintjob change.

Sorry if the image quality is poor. I won't be getting another camera for a while so you'll just have to put up with it!

Thanks for looking!
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-17-12, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

OH! And bought some Ceramite white to paint the inside of the tanks and give the Sanguinary guards a trial run.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-18-12, 05:54 AM

Scythes's Flag is: USA

Not sure about that commander, his stance is a bit odd, but it's a great concept to work off of. I do like that librarian though, that's a great pose even if he has weapons on top of weapons on top of weapons. You've done a good job on the pose of that one and the base looks really good too, he'll be nice and tall as a character should.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-18-12, 03:51 PM

Tanrel's Flag is: USA

Maybe if the captain's arm was bent at a 90 degree angle instead of seeming to extend his arm out?

USMC, Oorah!
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-18-12, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

I am getting a new phone tomorrow so will hopefully trial the flash on that for some better quality pictures.

Scythes; The commander's stance is a bit odd, especially from the front. I think because of the position of the hips/groin area, it makes his body look really short and when you compare him next to a normal character he looks about the same height... I have mutilated about 3 sets of legs and a set from the GK box so am determined to make it work! My greenstuff skills aren't good so I think it's just a case of fiddling around till it looks ok. Either that or wait for this veteran to become finecast and mutilate it!

The librarian is a bit ott but if it was ever played, I'll just quote the gear I want him to have.

Tanrel; YES! I kit bashed whatever I could find and I think you're right. That was a standard... tactical... boltgun... supporting arm (whatever...lol) that I torched with a lighter and gently bent the fingers down to support the helmet. I have just found an open hand in the Grey Knights sprue that doesn't fit amazingly but could be manipulated a bit and could bolt onto an arm at 90.

Thanks for the feedback!
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-23-12, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

All my models are up for sale. I have had a split with my partner and am looking to pay my student overdraft off as soon as possible so I can start a new life. I also have a wood elf army for sale. Thanks for the support and for looking.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_500wt_1156
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_500wt_1287

Last edited by shiftystylin; 07-23-12 at 03:19 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode