The army of Herr Aldor Der Ritter (updated 11th May) - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-10-12, 05:51 PM
Mad as a sack of Squigs

Ratvan's Flag is: England

I like the colour scheme, fits in well with the Lore of Light Mage. The second wizard (book and snake staff) how many parts does he come in? Am looking to convert me some special characters at some point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-10-12, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

khrone forever's Flag is: United Kingdom

Location: lived on tyran, moved to occulus, then to macragge.DAMN THE TYRANIDS!!! (near derby)

the wizard comes in 6 parts: torso, head, 2 arms, staff top, book.........and the base

glad you like the colour scheme, im going to have atleast 4 light mages in the army

40Kprayers and benedictions

see my guard army here

see my Empire army
post #23 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-10-12, 06:22 PM
Mad as a sack of Squigs

Ratvan's Flag is: England

4 Light Mages? Remind me never to face you. LOL

Do you have a deep felt hatred for the undead for any reason?

post #24 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-10-12, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Location: lived on tyran, moved to occulus, then to macragge.DAMN THE TYRANIDS!!! (near derby)

both of my friends who play fantasy have VC and TK

and i love light mages anyway

[EDIT] i have finished painting the blue cloth tonight, pics will be coming tomorrow hopefully

see my guard army here

see my Empire army
post #25 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-12-12, 05:37 PM

and i hate the lore of light that one wizard killed almost half of my army when are u going to put the report up? also why have u changed the name?

Matt Ward declared death pit on the Eldar god Khaine. To celebrate his victory he held the most awesome party ever and all the Eldar were invited. The intense pleasure from the orgy with him spawned Slannesh, created the Eye of Terror and destroyed the Eldar empire. Their last words were, "worth it."
So spread the word, and beware of Matt Ward for he can Death Pit at any time.
post #26 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-12-12, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

I love light wizards

i changed the name because it didnt sound Empire-y enough

Battle report, between me and Kavyanshrike (i will sketch some pictures of the board and add them later)

Lists:
Empire: 10 handgunners with 5 man handgunner detatchment. light wizard with level 2 and channeling staff (he had shems burning gaze and pha's protection)

Tomb Kings: 21 warriors (not sure on equipment), liche priest with level 2 (had the movement and killy wind spells), tomb scorpion

set up: light bits of terrain around the board. handgunners set up right in the middle with the light wizard. warriors + liche set up on the far right (from my perspective)

Empire turn 1: the handgunners were out of range, so moved them forward towards the centre. the light wizard cast the boosted shem's burning gaze and a whole rank of skeletons were wiped off the board

Tomb king turn 1: skele's move forward, the liche casts desert wind (a movement spell) with irisistable force, and suffers a wound from the lashback.

Empire turn 2: no movement, why would i ?, the hangunners hit and wound well, but 5 of the wounds are stopped from the regeneration from the lich, and they only kill one. the wizard is outwitted by the liche while casting shems.

tomb king turn 2: the tomb scorpion turns up and rolls a 25 to scatter!!!!!! then we realized that we were using the wrong dice and it only scatter 2", damn. the warriors moved forwards, and liche again cast desert wind.

Empire turn 3: the detachment of handgunners turn to face the scorpion, as does the wizard (coming out of the unit), the main handgunners shoot at the skeles and kill 4. the light wizard casts boosted shem's at the scorpion......irisistable force........11 hits.......8 wounds.........1 saved , loose 1 wizard level from irisistable, and looses pha's protection

Tomb king turn 3: warriors now down to 5 men, move forward, cast desert wind, move forward.

Empire turn 4: light wizard casts boosted shem's.......kills 1 (makes up for his brillient display last turn i suppose). the rest of the handgunners execute the rest of the warriors and the liche.

250-0 victory points. Win for the Empire.

Khrone

see my guard army here

see my Empire army
post #27 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-13-12, 01:48 AM

CGall10's Flag is: USA

Great battle report! however the TK list was illegal. At base value 21 skeletons and the rest costs 274. (Still counts though, don't worry)
post #28 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-13-12, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

ye, we realized that just after the battle. oops

see my guard army here

see my Empire army
post #29 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-13-12, 10:02 AM

It was 20 also didn't make much of a difference because he did completely anhilate me but afterwards we checked what the scorpion would of done and killed a handgunner unit with no wounds and that wizard was irritating also can you cast a spell after marching?

Matt Ward declared death pit on the Eldar god Khaine. To celebrate his victory he held the most awesome party ever and all the Eldar were invited. The intense pleasure from the orgy with him spawned Slannesh, created the Eye of Terror and destroyed the Eldar empire. Their last words were, "worth it."
So spread the word, and beware of Matt Ward for he can Death Pit at any time.
post #30 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-13-12, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

ye you can, wizards are unaffected by movement for magic purposes, only if they rally they cant cast spells

see my guard army here

see my Empire army

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode