Help needed with zoanthrope base. Page2 - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-12, 11:19 PM

Turnip86's Flag is: England

PM one of the mods that deals with this subforum and they should be able to do it for you.

I like the orcs, doing crazy stuff with O&G is always fun and you're only really limited by imagination and the laws of physics.

Nice green stuffing on the arm too, it looks great.

Oh, and the inn looks good too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-12, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Garion's Flag is: United Kingdom

Cheers, there are a few of us begging for this feature to be added so hopefully it will. I don't really want to pester the admin everytime I want to change the title. Any advice on how I can turn the inn from good to great I know I need to redo the sign but after that I'm not sure really.

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34388&dateline=133318  0448

Click here for my Painting Blog - new on page2 Zoanthrope/pod
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-12-12, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Need feedback please

This is where i am up to so far, almost finished, just need to do some touching up here and there and more blending on the head and fins at the back till the carapace is lighter.

I'm not totally happy with the base, it is meant to look like my Doom of Mal is floating through a frozen lake and cracking the ice beneath it. Any feedback would be great.

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34388&dateline=133318  0448

Click here for my Painting Blog - new on page2 Zoanthrope/pod

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-17-12, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Just another little update...

I have done some touching up on the Doom of Mal, but I still need to finish blending the carapace. I also dug out an old toy of an egg from the film aliens and made a cast from it then recast it in white plastic for painting and converting. These three eggs are all going to be Pods. I am going to try and add some spikes and tendrils to one of them and try and get it done for this months painting challange as well, but it may not get done in time. Just thought I should post it unpainted incase I do get it finished.

There were a few flaws in my cast, but I am still quite happy with the result really.

p.s. if anyone has issues/concerns with me recasting this toy, I can assure you this is perfectly legal. I have not done this for re-sale and I also own the original toy so I am allowed to recast it if i like by law.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-12, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

finished my Doom of Mal/Zoanthrope for the monthly challange woo hoo \o/

looks like Im doign a Mawloc next unless the poll leader changes in teh next 24 hours

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode