Imperial Fists Log 10,000 points - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-02-12, 03:20 AM

jaysen's Flag is: USA

Wow, great looking army so far. I love the detailed faces! I'd watch what you weather on the marines themselves. I wouldn't think ceramite rusts, or the rubber like seals around the joints. Although, they all can get dirty.

Great job so far! I've been wanting to do a IF army forever but wanted to finish my BA project first. +rep!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-03-12, 06:56 AM Thread Starter

gearhart's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysen View Post
Wow, great looking army so far. I love the detailed faces! I'd watch what you weather on the marines themselves. I wouldn't think ceramite rusts, or the rubber like seals around the joints. Although, they all can get dirty.

Great job so far! I've been wanting to do a IF army forever but wanted to finish my BA project first. +rep!
Why thank you sir! I'm glad you like them and those faces took forever! To finally get right xD

Does the weathering look rusty?! Oops lol I'll go back and darken it up
It's supposed to just be and earth tone weathering like on my chaplain, I might add a bit of rust to break it up...hmm and you should certainly do fists, challenging yes but I love how everything is trial and error. But atleast I'm starting to get the hang of it

I took a look at your awesome blood angels btw and I was speechless! You sir are a warhammer god, actually long term I plan on doing a chapter probably not all ten but atleast 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th or which ever color the shoulder
pads end up xD
Also wht is rep? I received two pm about it but I cant tell if I reply lol is it just a personal rating?
post #13 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-03-12, 08:09 AM

khrone forever's Flag is: United Kingdom

Location: lived on tyran, moved to occulus, then to macragge.DAMN THE TYRANIDS!!! (near derby)

rep is just a measure of you skill, people give rep for good painting, converting or just funny quotes etc.

this stuff is amazing dude, you have got the yellow painted very smooth. and i lover the custom shoulderpads and shields +rep

40Kprayers and benedictions

see my guard army here

see my Empire army

post #14 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-05-12, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrone forever View Post
rep is just a measure of you skill, people give rep for good painting, converting or just funny quotes etc.

this stuff is amazing dude, you have got the yellow painted very smooth. and i lover the custom shoulderpads and shields +rep
thanks for telling me mate!! and im glad you like my yellow cheers!
post #15 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-05-12, 08:35 AM

Disciple_of_Ezekiel's Flag is: USA

Those chaplains are just AWESOME, I love them in every way! Dark and gritty...awesome! Well done on the bases as well, and the terminators your working on now are shaping up real nicely.

Great work mate, + Rep from me.

Regards,
DoE

"To retreat is defeat. Advance! Advance! In our Death lies Victory."
Captain Denos, 19th Company,468th regiment of the
Death Korps of Krieg

The K.R.I.E.G. Project (My Death Korps of Krieg Plog)

post #16 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-05-12, 01:14 PM

Lethiathan's Flag is: United Kingdom

These are awesome! I like the press moulds, they seem to be almost exact replicas. Also is that guy actually made of green stuff or painted green?

World's Worst Project-Logger.

Slightly Derranged, would advice staying away.
post #17 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-05-12, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple_of_Ezekiel View Post
Those chaplains are just AWESOME, I love them in every way! Dark and gritty...awesome! Well done on the bases as well, and the terminators your working on now are shaping up real nicely.

Great work mate, + Rep from me.

Regards,
DoE
Thanks very much mate! I'm glad you like them hope you like the terminators when they're done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethiathan View Post
These are awesome! I like the press moulds, they seem to be almost exact replicas. Also is that guy actually made of green stuff or painted green?
Thank you and yes I was very pleased with the results of them, and you are also correct about the green guy he is made out of green stuff
post #18 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-05-12, 03:00 PM

Tyreal Ardeus's Flag is: USA

Holy crap!

Look at that Xbox 360!

Anyways all of your work looks really cool. There's only one thing that I looked that that didn't seem right, which was the land raider. Specifically the parts where it seems to be rusting (could just be me). While the detail itself is magnificent, the materials that the Imperium uses I'm not even sure are affected by rust anymore, let alone the absolute greatest materials that the space marines use. On a more specific note, space marines would never let any of their equipment rust, even on the battlefield, as they're far too meticulous about keeping every piece of equipment in the chapter in prime condition because they're so incredibly rare and venerable.

At the same time I'm a retardedly huge fluff-nut when it comes to the Imperium and more specifically space marines, so it entirely could just be me.

On another note, the models do look glorious and I have to give praise on the color of the models. You've managed the Imperial Fist's 'yellow' better than just about anybody I've seen, most of the time they always get it wrong.

Lastly, if I could ask, where did you manage to get those kite shields? I've actually been looking for one or two shields that aren't combat or storm shields.

Anyways the models look excellent, do keep it up!

“This is our next objective, our next battle, our next war, brothers. It is there that we shall teach the enemy the wrath of mankind, the wrath of our beloved emperor. With boltgun and chainsword shall we strike the enemy down in righteous vengeance. Our foes will know fear and death, for we are the emperor’s fury! None shall stay our wrath!”

- Chapter Master Tyreal Ardeus of the Crimson Gallants
post #19 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-05-12, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyreal Ardeus View Post
Holy crap!

Look at that Xbox 360!

Anyways all of your work looks really cool. There's only one thing that I looked that that didn't seem right, which was the land raider. Specifically the parts where it seems to be rusting (could just be me). While the detail itself is magnificent, the materials that the Imperium uses I'm not even sure are affected by rust anymore, let alone the absolute greatest materials that the space marines use. On a more specific note, space marines would never let any of their equipment rust, even on the battlefield, as they're far too meticulous about keeping every piece of equipment in the chapter in prime condition because they're so incredibly rare and venerable.

At the same time I'm a retardedly huge fluff-nut when it comes to the Imperium and more specifically space marines, so it entirely could just be me.

On another note, the models do look glorious and I have to give praise on the color of the models. You've managed the Imperial Fist's 'yellow' better than just about anybody I've seen, most of the time they always get it wrong.

Lastly, if I could ask, where did you manage to get those kite shields? I've actually been looking for one or two shields that aren't combat or storm shields.

Anyways the models look excellent, do keep it up!

HAHA!!! i never noticed my xbox there!

and ive never thought about the landraider not rusting! im new to the hobby so i havent had a chance to look at all the fluff but ironically i just touched up the land raider yesterday, although i need a twin linked bolter to finish the look, i added light rust and it turned out a bit better. By any chance could you point me in the direction of some fluff so i dont mess something else up?
Thank you so much for the kind words!!!!!! thats probably the nicest comment ive received and i have about 5 logs, SO THANK YOU! although i wouldnt give myself that much credit xD

As for the shield im assuming you mean the forge world ones? i molded them and added some stuff to them, its best to use instant mold because they would get rather pricey buy 100 lmao! If those are not the shields you mean point out the picture please
Thanks again for the lovely comments and ego booster! LMAO

sincerely, gearhart!
post #20 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-05-12, 08:28 PM

khrone forever's Flag is: United Kingdom

Location: lived on tyran, moved to occulus, then to macragge.DAMN THE TYRANIDS!!! (near derby)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyreal Ardeus View Post
Holy crap!

Look at that Xbox 360!

i would have to disagree, if the marines either had no time to clean anything, jumping around from place to place killing heretics etc. they would be to busy to clean anything also, im pritty sure that metals are affected by rust, and im also quite sure that at least parts of the SM armour are made of metal. also, if they ran out of techpriests then they would'nt fiddle with the "venerable" machines.

40Kprayers and benedictions

see my guard army here

see my Empire army

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode