The Re-Awakening (Necrons) - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-05-12, 10:42 PM

cirs85's Flag is: USA

Quote:
This really has to be one of the most difficult models to clean, put together, and paint!
Hear you there brother, I havent finished mine either, i used my xacto and scraped the mold lines, and used a diamond file where it was really bad. My driver didnt line up either, and I did the same thing cut him.

You did an amazing job on the control console, the white lines on blue look amazing. Im not crazy about the heads they supplied with the ghost ark kit, I just used a praetorian head.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-06-12, 04:51 AM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Looking fantastic buddy! The blue orb on the control panel is ace and the glow inside what I presume to be engines is very nicely done.

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-23-12, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Disciple_of_Ezekiel's Flag is: USA

Alright,

So after having three college projects, studying for three finals, and my wife’s baby shower, I finally got time to chill and start painting again.

I finally finished magnetizing and painting the Ghost Ark/Doomsday Ark! What a tremendous PAIN IN THE ARSE! This had to be the most discouraging model I ever painted. At first I thought, “This is going to be sweet, can’t wait to magnetize it and paint it!” HAHAHA! I might just say screw it on the other two Arks, we shall see. Maybe after I tackle some other stuff it won’t make me feel so overwhelmed.

For those of you who PM’ed me about the metallic’s, here it is. All you have to do is water down you metallic’s to get a smooth painted look. I usually add 1 drop Liquitex slow-dri fluid retarded for every 2 or 3 drops of paint…or water works just as well. It’s really that simple.

Anyways, without further ado, here is the fully magnetized Ghost Ark/Doomsday Ark.
I hope you guys/gals like it.

Regards,
DoE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1030866.JPG (116.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg P1030868.JPG (86.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg P1030869.JPG (76.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg P1030871.JPG (109.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg P1030872.JPG (100.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg P1030875.JPG (85.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg P1030876.JPG (121.8 KB, 6 views)

"To retreat is defeat. Advance! Advance! In our Death lies Victory."
Captain Denos, 19th Company,468th regiment of the
Death Korps of Krieg

The K.R.I.E.G. Project (My Death Korps of Krieg Plog)

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-23-12, 12:59 PM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

I think it looks brilliant man!!! What was the worst part about it? Magnetizing it? or Painting it?

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-23-12, 01:01 PM

You good sir, are insane. +rep to you for the constant dedication to the ghost ark, a fabulous paint job, and taking the time to magnetize the whole thing. I feel bad for only being able to give you 6 reputation . I will be watching this
-Arcticor
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-23-12, 01:06 PM

Scythes's Flag is: USA

Great job DoE, that thing looks amazing, I'm fearing magnetizing my Tervigon/Tyrannofex. Good job sticking with it and completing it. +rep for an amazing job if I can.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem."
-Ronald Reagan
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-23-12, 05:51 PM

Zero Effect's Flag is: United Kingdom

Great job sir,

I understand and feel your pain on edging.

+rep for an outstanding effort.

Zero Effect
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-23-12, 05:56 PM

That ark is fantastic. As the others have already said, great job on magnetizing the whole thing as well as giving it a brilliant paint job. Have some well deserved rep.

Regards,
Jake.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-24-12, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

Disciple_of_Ezekiel's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge913 View Post
I think it looks brilliant man!!! What was the worst part about it? Magnetizing it? or Painting it?
Thanks Midge! I would have to say that Painting it was the worst part. There were just so many edges and angles it was ridculous... The magnets did become a pain in the butt only when I was trying to install them on the central spinal column. One got pushed to far in and flipped itself and attached to the other magnet on the other side...lol, that was frustrating. Then it was like fitting a jigsaw puzzle together as the warriors were all cocked and slanted to the sides at different angles because of the magnets. I was finally able to get them to line up so they didnt appear retarded, took some time, but I got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticor View Post
You good sir, are insane. +rep to you for the constant dedication to the ghost ark, a fabulous paint job, and taking the time to magnetize the whole thing. I feel bad for only being able to give you 6 reputation . I will be watching this
-Arcticor
No worries mate. The fact that you took the time to stop by and leave me some positive feedback is the real motivator! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythes View Post
Great job DoE, that thing looks amazing, I'm fearing magnetizing my Tervigon/Tyrannofex. Good job sticking with it and completing it. +rep for an amazing job if I can.
Thank you Sir. As for magnetizing your Tervigon/Tyrannofex...Troy has some good pics up on his plog right now if you havent seen them already showing how he is doing his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Effect View Post
Great job sir,

I understand and feel your pain on edging.

+rep for an outstanding effort.

Zero Effect
Thanks Zero, sometimes it can become a daunting task but you just have to push through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Corsairs View Post
That ark is fantastic. As the others have already said, great job on magnetizing the whole thing as well as giving it a brilliant paint job. Have some well deserved rep.
RC, thank you very much for the feedback and the Rep. Your words of encouragment make me want to jump right back in and tackle some more stuff...however, it wont be a ghost/doomsday ark anytime soon.

Trying to decide on what I should paint up next. Any ideas? I have the entire range, no worries there.

"To retreat is defeat. Advance! Advance! In our Death lies Victory."
Captain Denos, 19th Company,468th regiment of the
Death Korps of Krieg

The K.R.I.E.G. Project (My Death Korps of Krieg Plog)

post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-24-12, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple_of_Ezekiel View Post
Trying to decide on what I should paint up next. Any ideas? I have the entire range, no worries there.
I know I'd like to see you tackle the Triarch Stalker, but for obvious reasons that won't even be possible for a couple of weeks yet. But it does look like it's going to be a lovely model and I know from your painting that you'd do it justice.

Regards,
Jake.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode