Blackadders Warlord Work in Progress - Page 68 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #671 of 705 (permalink) Old 05-11-15, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Blackadder's Flag is: USA

The head came out today so it looks like a breach birth.......

I'm pleased with the overall shape of the head but the size is a concern. Obviously there must be a 3 man cockpit crew so it has to be bigger than the Reaver head. The 'Face' is long rather than squat like the Reaver so I see a lot of the Dave Smith version and my own. In the FW tradition the cockpit helmet comes off to reveal the interior; I guess it's just a case of wait and see how the sizes compare. FW is sticking with the ball gimbal neck so the head won't be movable; that's disappointing but can be circumvented.

"It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #672 of 705 (permalink) Old 05-16-15, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Meh!

I have to say after all the hype the debut poster is rather uninspired:

The painting is pretty mediocre and the model looks like all the recent gangling Mars kniggets that FW has been offering.

What a disappointment...............

"It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."
post #673 of 705 (permalink) Old 05-16-15, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

A real image in the flesh, er, resin...........

albeit with an alternate Helmet.............

post #674 of 705 (permalink) Old 05-17-15, 03:40 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Holy f.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #675 of 705 (permalink) Old 05-17-15, 04:56 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

with every titan and knight release its getting more tempting to save up for an army them buggers.
post #676 of 705 (permalink) Old 05-17-15, 05:05 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haskanael View Post
with every titan and knight release its getting more tempting to save up for an army them buggers.
While they are lovely models reality still intervenes . . . Mortgage > titans.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.

Last edited by Kreuger; 05-17-15 at 07:40 PM.
post #677 of 705 (permalink) Old 05-17-15, 07:13 PM

Dorns Legacy's Flag is: Great Britain

I am left with a sickly taste on my tongue when i look at this model. Now i know its an impressive piece of kit BUT i just seems like they found a new model in the knights and decided to just run with it for all new releases.

I somewhat prefer the box topped looking models than this for warlord titans and i know its a mars pattern variant but it still to me feels lazy modelling to just upscale the knights to this level.

Anyone played any of the mechwarrior series? some of those more squared off box shaped mechs look terrifying to behold, i just hope we are not coming into the era of FW making all titans look the same just in differing size scales.

Now the plus points, it DOES look like a great piece of kit and the head looks pretty cool and well what can i say about those cannons.......RUN FOR THE HILLS not that the hills will survive either though :D
post #678 of 705 (permalink) Old 05-18-15, 09:56 AM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

It's an amazing model that they've put out, some of the closeups are awesome - the gangway and circular door in its lower back with lascannon defence lasers I particularly liked.

Blackadder, yours is certainly a different and more imposing look, I think that the Lucius pattern still holds up in the face of the Mars Pattern release.

As to paint job though, having seen the painted closeups I'm not sure that I agree entirely... there is some excellent detail that they've worked into the beast.

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #679 of 705 (permalink) Old 05-18-15, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorns Legacy View Post
I am left with a sickly taste on my tongue when i look at this model. Now i know its an impressive piece of kit BUT i just seems like they found a new model in the knights and decided to just run with it for all new releases.

I somewhat prefer the box topped looking models than this for warlord titans and i know its a mars pattern variant but it still to me feels lazy modelling to just upscale the knights to this level.
I'm in complete agreement and loathe this new tangent FW has initiated. When the first knights appeared I thought them an interesting group style and they did have a certain appeal but they certainly shouldn't dominate the overall design of all the classes of vehicles. From a distance without a reference for scale it is difficult to recognize Reavers and now Warlords from any of the knight variants. I strongly suspect that the Titans as a group came into being because of the 'Epic' scale figures and the desire to have humanoid shaped larger figures to play the game. The Titans filled that need but the classes were all distinct and original in shape not just different sizes of the same design.

I think FW is just either getting lazy in their design department or has just run out of ideas.

First they need an infusion of new blood and second they need to re-embrace the sorely neglected Lucius Pattern equipment.

Last edited by Blackadder; 05-28-15 at 09:11 AM.
post #680 of 705 (permalink) Old 05-18-15, 11:09 AM

Matcap's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
First they need an infusion of new blood and second they need to re-embrace the sorely neglected Lucius Pattern equipment.
Quite agree! Although the current model is a brilliant piece of work. I have always preferred the Lucius style of warhound and your warlord as well.

This is always the picture in my head when talking about warlord titans:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode