A Young Nurgling WIP - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-07-12, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

.Bragg.'s Flag is: England

Default A Young Nurgling WIP

Hey guys, it's been a long time coming but I've finally made an account and ready to commit and see through my first Warhammer Army.
I've been following the hobby for numerous years now, collecting models a long the way, though I've never fully allocated time for the hobby.
I've never played and to date, I've only painted one miniature which can be seen here:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/299619

I really want to see these guys through as I have Armies on Parade as my target! I have a lot of miniatures on the way but thought I'd start small to introduce myself.
I'm trying to establish a colour scheme for my army, here are two models I've done.

The darker coloured model is naturally the more "traditional" approach, I wanted to really focus on the disgusting and vile characteristic that the death guard hold.

The lighter coloured model is based on the Lords of Decay, the rust is exaggerated just to show within the colour scheme.

I have some models in the post waiting to be converted, the posts to come should show my development with my first full troop with some HQ choices!

Well, there you have it; my first post!
I really look forward to feedback as I have a lot to share and to ask about the hobby!

My first post goes out to the great and gruesome Svartmetall, his commitment and unbeatable talent has undoubtedly inspired my army and I owe him thanks!

- Awfun

Last edited by .Bragg.; 03-07-12 at 08:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-07-12, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Default Two in One Champion!

I got a little more done that I thought tonight so I here is a little teaser of one of my Champion characters

The models I used were The Emperor's Champion and Chaos Champion of Nurgle.
I was quite lucky with cutting the Champion's original head off, got the angle right and swissssssssh; straight off!
I used the head from the Champion of Nurgle from the Fantasy series, a lovely dirty face! The model is solely pinned at the moment (base and head).

You might be able to see in the first picture that I have removed the necklace off the original model and removed the seal from the shoulder pad, I didn't want him to have any signs of what he once was.
I cut away the mid area of the body and raised the model slightly to allow room for the belly to come. I'm not sure if it's noticeable but I have put the model on a slight tilt favouring the direction he is going. As far as personality goes, I get the impression he'd be happy slugging through enemies with a demonic grin without a care in the world. I hope this "cocky" posture shows that.
post #3 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-07-12, 10:15 PM
Punx For Life

jimmy gunn's Flag is: England

Nice work dude and welcome to heresy.

This is going to be a interesting project to watch, you already have very good painting and modeling skills and to watch them evolve further will time well spent.

Have you done anything building or painting wise before?

Last edited by jimmy gunn; 03-07-12 at 10:18 PM.

post #4 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-07-12, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for your kind words!

I'm currently at University studying Graphics and Illustration, so I have "arty" background you can say. I have worked briefly with different kinds of clays in the past though when it comes to painting; I have little experience other than what you've seen. I guess it's applying what I know all ready thanks again.
post #5 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-07-12, 10:57 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Firstly, welcome to the boards.

Those plague marines look good, the old models don't look as bad as I remember. Are you aware of our army painting challenge that started up again this month? It might be ideal for to help you stay inspired. Check it out here.
post #6 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-07-12, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the link! I'll be using that as well thanks!

I won't be using the old models within my army, I just have them for trial paint schemes. Do you have a preferred paint scheme? I have one or two more coming up. I have a lot of conversion work before painting, though I will have some models to paint soon!
post #7 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-07-12, 11:38 PM

Firstly,welcome to the Boards!

Secondly, As a Fan of anything Nurgle, I am very excited about this project and will watch it's progress.

I love the way you added the Rust on the Lord of Decay and I am very interested to see how that champion turns out.{Good choice with the Head by the way}
post #8 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-08-12, 12:03 AM

Morhgoz's Flag is: Finland

Nice idea for conversion! As Chaos player with army made fully from khornate and nurgle troops, I really like your idea. I have toying with similar idea to Nurgle sorceror, but using Thousand Son Sorceror as phase... Have to try to remember to check later how you continue to work this one.

Victory is not important, but large mound of bloody skulls...
...own ones, if nothing else...
post #9 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-08-12, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

Default Gut and Gore

Thanks for your feedback guys, it does spare you on!
Had time to add the base of the GS for the gut and neck, I doubt I'll add any more to the neck but naturally intestines will follow for the stomach! I put greater focus on this positioning now he's glued, I'll get better photos to demonstrate this but his eye line is piercing down as if he's looking at a fallen enemy about to give a slug to the head

I'll be off to bed now but I'd love to hear what you think again for the colour scheme, I'm not sure how to approach it just yet. My plans for the future consist of fully converting a set of MK III IRON ARMOUR to Death Guard (I've been reading up on my fluff) so naturally these guys will be DIRTY as they will be the most loyal considering the date of the armour but that will be covered later down the line. Speak soon and thanks again!

Last edited by .Bragg.; 03-08-12 at 12:55 AM.
post #10 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-08-12, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Default Bitz and Bobz!

Hey guys! The model is set and ready for the detail! No doubt I'll have more to show later today. Though for now, I thought I'd upload some bitz I've been collecting.

I have a FW Nurgle Sorcerer to be showing shortly hence the FW "banner" you can see. I've also managed to get hold of some nice old Nurgle Fantasy models, they have so much character I will have to turn them into marines! Beastmen for the win!

I'd love to hear your ideas for these bitz, the sword and shield. I thought could go well with this champion but when I placed them together I thought it was too busy, let me know what you think.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode