Dark Eldar - Kabal of the Poisoned Vines - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-27-12, 12:28 PM

Hellados's Flag is: United Kingdom

TheMissus have you seen what you get in the box set? does that not help you make your mind up about what army to get next?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 74 (permalink) Old 09-08-12, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

Zero Effect's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windows View Post
Great looking army! Love the colors and the free hand, can't wait to see more!
Thank you, loving your work as well. Promise I will try and get more done soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMissus View Post
Just amazing! I have stopped with my nids as I just didn't have fun any more and just started fantasy WE. Was looking for a new 40k army between necrons or DE. This plog might just made me decide. Keep up the awesome work!!
As a pervious Nids collector, I feel your pain. Thank you for your compliment. The thing is with Dark Eldar, there are like paper thin, but boy they can hit like a train and even more so great fun to learn with. Expect to lose games until you grasp their skills, weaponary and tactics, but once that is mastered then let the games begin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellados View Post
TheMissus have you seen what you get in the box set? does that not help you make your mind up about what army to get next?
You aint kidding, plus most if not all the box sets can interlink with additional weapons and spare parts.

Small addition to the Kabal now

I was torn with the idea of painting the Scourges, Wyches or Character, it is decided with Games Day, Birthday, visits home to see the family (serving UK Armed Forces)and with my slow painting my time for this will be limited in September.

So here is my attempt at the Serpent's Bite, The Duke

Now this is the first time I have worked really with green stuff, apart from cloaks. Helmet is standard Kabalite Warrior, sliced a flat edge of the top to add another helmet decoration and then added green stuff to made hair detail from the top.

Swords are right handed only and with much patience I sliced one off and removed a warrior pistol from the left arm and placed the sword on. Also with the swords I removed the capsule off them.

The left arm has a new bit of wrapped cloth around the joint. And finally the cloak, took for ages to do but seems to gone in the right direction with the posing.

I know I promised an army update on the progress of the Kabal and it will be here tonight.

Zero Effect
post #53 of 74 (permalink) Old 09-12-12, 06:34 AM Thread Starter

Morning all.

Just a little progress report on my version of the Duke.

I decided due to his Serpents Bite rule I would do something a little different with the base of the helmet putting 2 small poison venom markings.

I am fairly happy with how the cloak has come out, however I am not to sure about the front part of the helmet head dress. Opinions please!

Help is required in making me decide how to paint the 2 Serpent Bite blades. My options are:

1) Several greens blended - to stick with the venom theme (but will it be too much green on the entire model)?
2) Several blues blended? (See Blood Brides for example)
3) Several reds, oranges and yellows blended? (See second Wych Cult for example)

Your assistant is fully appreciated.

Zero Effect

post #54 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-11-12, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Good Morning, Afternoon or Evening depending where you are in the world!

I am updating this blog after the several hack attempts.

Duke was completed.

I really like the way the swords came out considering it was my second attempt at green stuff work, the cloak came out fairly well.

Next few shots are how the Kabal is being assembled over the current eight to nine months.
Trueborn

Razorwing Jetfighter, Wyches and Raider

Kabalite Warriors and Ravager

Succubus and Bloodbrides

Venom, Wyches and Raider

Next was work on my second Venom. The work on this was to tie in with having this as the Succubus's and Bloodbrides personal Venom. I decided on attempting some freehand vine work.
Before

After

December's painting challenge is to bring the leader of the Wych Cults to the Poisoned Vines.

There are further pictures to be uploaded, including another 10 model Wych Cult (bases are yet to be completed) and a second Ravager painted in line with the second Venom, vines freehanded.

I hope to have these up and running before the Xmas leave period.

Future work includes, 5 Incubi, 5 Scourges, 10 Kabalite Warriors, 12 Reavers, another Raider, Talos Pain Engine and last but not least the Archon's Court.

This brings the Kabal of the Poinsoned Vines up to date.

Comments always welcome.

Regards, Zero Effect
post #55 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-11-12, 01:59 PM
Embrace the Insanity

Insanity's Flag is: Australia

Ever since I became interested in Dark Eldar, I have been searching for a purple coloured theme that I like and this is utterly amazing! I just can't get over how amazing everything looks! This is exactly the kind of colour scheme I've always wanted!

I don't suppose you would be willing to post a quick little painting guide would you? Mostly just the colours you use. I would truly appreciate it!

Oh and I was going to say that The Duke had a bit too much green with the cape, but once he had the armour edging done and the swords painted. I think he looks brilliant! Although I'm not quite sure what you are trying to achieve with the head dress.

Oh and one more quick question! Where did you get the back banners for the Trueborn? I don't recall them coming with the warriors?

Once last time, absolutely fantastic models, I am completely in envy of your army.
post #56 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-11-12, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanity72 View Post
Ever since I became interested in Dark Eldar, I have been searching for a purple coloured theme that I like and this is utterly amazing! I just can't get over how amazing everything looks! This is exactly the kind of colour scheme I've always wanted!

I don't suppose you would be willing to post a quick little painting guide would you? Mostly just the colours you use. I would truly appreciate it!
Insanity72,

If you can bear with me for this weekend and I will post around mid to late next week a tutorial on my painting scheme. It is something I need to do. Thank you also for the comments.

The head piece for the Duke was my first time working with Green Stuff other than making cloaks. Still a lot of practice to work on with stuff like that.

The Trueborn banners are out of the Kabalite Warrior Kit, but you only get one per kit. You can buy them separately orff bits sites, however I had several kits already and finished them off with another 2 of them.

Zero Effect
post #57 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-12-12, 07:51 AM
Embrace the Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Effect View Post

If you can bear with me for this weekend and I will post around mid to late next week a tutorial on my painting scheme. It is something I need to do. Thank you also for the comments.
Thank you so much, I look forward to it!

Quote:
The head piece for the Duke was my first time working with Green Stuff other than making cloaks. Still a lot of practice to work on with stuff like that.
I'm not saying it's bad or anything, I just mean, what is it meant to be? like is it just a head dress to distinguish him a little more? or is it replicating a real world design?

Quote:
The Trueborn banners are out of the Kabalite Warrior Kit, but you only get one per kit. You can buy them separately orff bits sites, however I had several kits already and finished them off with another 2 of them.

Zero Effect
I will definitely look into that when I get some True born.
post #58 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-18-12, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Just a small WIP update on Lelith

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355867950.701723.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355867963.814460.jpg

Hair is going to be the challenging part of this model and then facial tats.

Base should come along naturally.

Hope you like so far!
ZE
post #59 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-19-12, 03:29 AM
Embrace the Insanity

Looking good as always Zero.

Still waiting on that tutorial , just kidding, take your time.
post #60 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-19-12, 09:37 AM

Hellados's Flag is: United Kingdom

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode