Dark Eldar - Kabal of the Poisoned Vines - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 74 (permalink) Old 05-30-12, 11:34 PM

Dragblud da scrunka's Flag is: United Kingdom

You have some amazing minis! extremely well painted and based im in awe! your consistancy for the great painting is what does it too! very impressive :D

WAAAAGH Dragblud
W: 22 D: 6 L: 13

Space marines: Krakens Fury! (TBF)
W: 0 D: 0 L: 0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-25-12, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

Zero Effect's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragblud da scrunka View Post
You have some amazing minis! extremely well painted and based im in awe! your consistancy for the great painting is what does it too! very impressive :D
Thank you again for your kind humbling words.

Been a while since a last update and a bit of a WIP shot of Wych Cult number 2, actually it is just one for them with you guessed it Hydra Gauntlets.

Yes there are areas that need to be slightly repainted, poisoned area/tubing and the usual finishing off.

Hopefully you all like as usual. Full Wych Cult to be revealed around the 30th June in line with the monthly painting challenge.

Zero Effect
post #33 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-25-12, 10:44 PM

Hellados's Flag is: United Kingdom

post #34 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-26-12, 12:25 AM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Looking very good!

Your Dark Eldar have a very clean and tidy look, which while not my preferred method of painting is impressive.

I also like the color complements on this guy with the purple vambraces and the warm glowing of the spikes.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #35 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-29-12, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellados View Post
lovely painting mate, nice and clean, i really need to have a proper look at the DE
Hellados, thank you indeed. Yeah they are lovely (if you like torture)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
Looking very good!

Your Dark Eldar have a very clean and tidy look, which while not my preferred method of painting is impressive.

I also like the color complements on this guy with the purple vambraces and the warm glowing of the spikes.
Kreuger, thank you for your comments and compliments on the Hydra Gauntlets

UPDATE

Well after a panic moment last weekend still having 7 models to complete for the monthly challenge it was the kick up my *!$e I needed. Many hours later I have completed the 2nd Wych Cult for the Poisoned Vines.

I decided that I would go for different Hydra Gauntlet colours to the 1st Wych Cult painted earlier in the blog. I just feel it brings out the individuality of each Cult in the Kabal.

I will add more pictures of the Wych Cult and the rest of the Kabal after the weekend but without adding the Archon, they stand at 675pts so far out of close to 2700pts of DE that has to be built or painted.

This is just a quick update as RL calls me to my GF's and then to her parents this weekend.

Comments always welcome. Till next time, hope your souls are hidden, some more Wyches are using the Webways.

Zero Effect
post #36 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-02-12, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Well as promised from Friday

Here are some more shots of my Dark Eldar.

I said that I have painted the Hydra Gauntlets in my 2 Wych Cults differently and here they are. I also used a Baal red wash in the Mithrel Silver to give its usual tone.

Second Wych Cult

Just some uploaded new pictures of the second cult

Finally shots of the completed Kabal so far

I have just started up my July's painting challenge entry, another Raider. If I get this completed ahead of schedule then it is on to completing the 1st of my Venoms that will transport the Succubus and Bloodbrides into battle. Hopefully this will be an productive month for the Kabal.

As usual though, all comments are welcome. Till next time,

Zero Effect
post #37 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-09-12, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

First of all to the people that continue to rep me, thank you indeed, means a lot.

Update.

July's painting challenge has gone really well, actually I cracked on with it as soon as I could and put the finishing touches to it last night. I am trying to give each one of my Raiders its own individual touch.

So here are some shots I have just taken:

The helmets on the rider and gunner have been linked towards the second Wych Cult with the slight red tint.
Picture 5 is just trying to show off the skull work.
Picture 6 is where I have tried to get an glow effect on the hand whilst using the control dais.

Total time on this has been close to 18-20 man hours. On a side note I have been playing around with one of the Venom Wyches that might be able to be positioned on the Shard but will have to wait and see if this works out practically and RL transporting wise.

Another plus tonight is I have completed the first of my Venoms. This was shown several months ago but completing my second Raider has allowed me to get this completed as well.

I have also painted the display screen inside the cockpit but will have to find a decent camera to get this shot.

3 weeks left of July it is giving me the chance to complete other assembled and partly painted models, so please wait this space.

Comments always welcome as usual.

Zero Effect
post #38 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-09-12, 11:32 PM

What do you do with the Aethersails?

I think a good Neon Red or Neon Blue lightning pattern would look good.

Love the purple!
post #39 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-10-12, 06:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi View Post
What do you do with the Aethersails?

I think a good Neon Red or Neon Blue lightning pattern would look good.

Love the purple!
Orochi,

It is a fairly simple colour scheme, a mixture of Necron Abyss and Chaos Black with then slightly more Necron Abyss added for several more lighter drybrush coats and then finally a Blue wash to finish them off. This scheme goes through the Kabal be it underneath Wych and Warrior suits beneath the armour plates. The camera and lighting does not pick up the colour that well but in actual lighting it is quite effective.

Thank you for the good idea about the lightning pattern and I have not ruled out further freehand on the sails especially on the right hand side only.

Zero Effect
post #40 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-20-12, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Update with good and bad news.

The bad news - was invovled in a car accident today and my lovely Amy (Red Clio, red head, Karen from Doctor Who) got slightly damaged. Had to swerve and avoid a stupid bloody caravan driver that pulled out of a junction when I had right of way and caused me to mount the kerb and puncture the 2 driver side front and rear tyres. 120 later for call out charge to roadside assist me, (Renault do not cover tyre accidents in their roadside coverage) and her now sat at an garage awaiting for tomorrow to open and then more money on 2 tyres looking at 70 minimum each. Not a good time that has hit into my Games Day funding. Flaming Caravans. Rant over.

Good News -

First lot of Kabal Warriors are almost complete so I thought that I would share them with you all. Please mind the odd little bit of the work to be done, (bones, a few weapon edging and touch ups).

Yes there are 12 of them in the pictures, however in a small force I do not entertain the Dark Lance and replace it with a Splinter cannon and Blaster.

Also been working a little on a side project whilst painting await. August painting challenge will be a little something special -

Trueborn

I have had a little bash at green stuff and creating cloaks for these guys. Current set up is 3 x Shradcarbines, 1 x Blaster and 1 x Splinter cannon, all with back banners. I know the picture quality or lighting is not the best in this picture but as I said this is a WIP.

You wouldn't believe how many more warriors I have.

Anyway thank you for reading about the rant, listening, looking, subscribing and commenting as ever. Thank you also for keeping a slow painter motivated and trying to further impress the amazing people out there.

Regards,

Zero Effect

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode