Meldons Ratty Horde - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-07-12, 11:10 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Hey these guys look good. I think midge is right on that these guys might be a little flat looking. The tidiness of the color areas makes them look almost cartoony. Which on the one hand is impressive, but it doesn't seem in keeping with the dirty scrappy nature of skaven.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-12, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Meldon's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge913 View Post
I like the yellow, but the flesh is just a bit flat. You have some shading in there, maybe deepening that and adding some highlights would sort that out. All in all some solid pieces.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple_of_Ezekiel View Post
Absolutley wonderful Meldon, I didnt know you had an inner rat...HEHEHEH! The colors are very neautral, yet sorta pop out at ya. Good job buddy, this deserves some Rep from me.

Regards,
DoE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriouce View Post
Realy nice as always Looking forward to our next painting night
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
Hey these guys look good. I think midge is right on that these guys might be a little flat looking. The tidiness of the color areas makes them look almost cartoony. Which on the one hand is impressive, but it doesn't seem in keeping with the dirty scrappy nature of skaven.
Thanks all of you for the kind remarks. I have been looking at the skin areas myself a bit and I also thought they looked a bit flat. It´s only tallarn flesh washed with ogryn flesh and then rehighligtend with tallarn flesh again. I´m not really sure that colour I should use on them to get a more "gritty" and less "cartoony" feel to them though. I kinda try to keep away from mixing colours mostly becouse it´s such a huge numbers of models I have to paint for this army, so if you have any good ideas of what colour I could use right out of the pot I would be really happy to know

And on a side note, I´m gona stop promising to show pictures the next day, I´m way to bad at delivering to that promise

There are no friends in the real world, just less hostile enemies
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-12, 10:25 PM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

As for a more gritty look to the flesh areas try a wash of devlan mud. I think it would have the effect you desire. Try it on a test model and see how it goes.
Otherwise these are really well done. I like them a lot. Have some rep.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-03-12, 02:33 AM Thread Starter

I have some new pic for you today, just a "bit" later then I said I would post them

I just wanna show what I´ve been working on lately as I think I´ve been far from lazy, it´s not all of the models I´ve done though, just a few of them

First of we have my new warlord. I think he came out quite ok. I have not yet tested to use devlan mud on any model to make them look a bit dirtier so he may still be subject to change

Next up I have some Stormvermin, this have been my main project for the last month and I have some 9 finished and 3 more just need last details.

And at last I have 2 new pics of my clanrats, I think these pictures came out better atleast

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-03-12, 02:40 AM

Saulot's Flag is: Philipines

The yellow is really striking! And crisp painting as well! Great plog man!

+rep
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-03-12, 02:44 AM

cirs85's Flag is: USA

This is a very vivid skaven army you have going, I dig it. The lord is equally impressive! Are you going to keep the basing the same as on your rat ogres?
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-03-12, 02:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulot View Post
The yellow is really striking! And crisp painting as well! Great plog man!

+rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by cirs85 View Post
This is a very vivid skaven army you have going, I dig it. The lord is equally impressive! Are you going to keep the basing the same as on your rat ogres?
I like the yellow to, I think it comes out great and makes the army really visible on the tabletop. especialy compared to my old one (brown rats with brown and grey clothes )

Yeah, the whole army is going to have that black/snow bassing. I have also begun to experiment with adding a bit of burnt grass to the basses, I think the bases can benefit from a bit of colour other then black and white.

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-03-12, 02:54 AM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Stormvermin are looking fantastic!

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-30-12, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Well, it´s been a while since I posted any pictures but I haven´t really been slacking of lately, First of is the Warlock that I entered in this months painting challange.

I´m pleased with how he turned out, and it was actually alot mor going on in that model then I first thought, All in all a fun model to paint

And I have also started on a unit of slaves, not the normal slaves you see in a Skaven army though, I used Night Goblins instead of rats. I don´t really like the idea of using other rats as slaves so my clan just uses captured gobbos as slaves instead. and in gives me something else to paint rather then skavens

I love theses dudes, they go fast to paint and the turn out really fine, the shields i´m specialy pleased with, the brown could use a little extra something though, just not sure what..

And lastly I thought I should show you my giant rats, since you get a ton of these in alot of the skaven boxes I see a lot of these in my future horde I also tried putting a bit of dead grass on the bases to break up the Black/White a bit, please let me know If this is something I should continue with, I can´t really decide...

There, that´s all. It became a bit of a pic heavy post but see that as me making up for not shoving you anything for a long time

C&C are as always welcome

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-01-12, 07:50 PM

Disciple_of_Ezekiel's Flag is: USA

Awesome! Meldon, these rats look super buddy! Those Night Goblins def dont look very tricksy, but their colors really pop! Well done my friend, well done.

You are due for some Rep I would say.

Regards,
DoE

"To retreat is defeat. Advance! Advance! In our Death lies Victory."
Captain Denos, 19th Company,468th regiment of the
Death Korps of Krieg

The K.R.I.E.G. Project (My Death Korps of Krieg Plog)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode