Elysian Drop Troops WIP log - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-15-11, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

arizonajirt's Flag is: Germany

Default Elysian Drop Troops WIP log

I have been a big fan of the Elysian Drop Troops ever since I read IA8. I posted a topic on here before asking for advice on an Elysian army. Thanks to all of the help that Vaz and Folketsfiende, I have finally got an working army list for a Elysian army and have placed my order with Forge World for the start. Due to the monitary costs of the units, It will be a slow moving growing army, but I am hoping that by April I will have a playable sized army in and working on. I just placed the order for 1 Cmd Squad, 2 drop troop squads and 1 equipment pack. After they get in, I will start the formal WIP log with pictures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-15-11, 05:23 PM

koby's Flag is: United Kingdom

I might just give you some advice. I've got 2 units of elysians that i use for Vendetta bourn veterans in my cadian army. I bought a 10 man infantry squad and 2 of the melta teams to get my special weapons, its probably a good idea to build the melta guns on bike/40k cavalry bases, as, no matter how cool they look lying down and screaming about meltering tanks they're a pain to play with on the large bases they provide!

Have to say the models are very nice, i had some problems with missing weapons from the sprues when mine arrived so check yours over, both of my units were missing 1 arm and a grenade launcher. I still dont like the flamer models

Just started playing again...WTF have they done to my Vampire Counts?!?!!?
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-16-11, 01:41 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

koby - just say to Forge World that you're missing parts of the kit, and they'll send you extra's/replacements etc.

I ordered a Vulture and the Punisher Cannons - was missing one of the Punisher Cannons, and asked them about it, ended up with a second Vulture for free "by way of apology to an established customer". Mind, this was about 18months ago, so might have changed policy, but they're excellent to keep you coming back at least.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-17-11, 02:46 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
koby - just say to Forge World that you're missing parts of the kit, and they'll send you extra's/replacements etc.

I ordered a Vulture and the Punisher Cannons - was missing one of the Punisher Cannons, and asked them about it, ended up with a second Vulture for free "by way of apology to an established customer". Mind, this was about 18months ago, so might have changed policy, but they're excellent to keep you coming back at least.
No, they're still excellent. I recently ordered the character upgrade kit, and it came missing the bionic leg. I rang about it and received a whole new kit by the end of the week. If there's one thing GW and associated companies do well it's customer service.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-17-11, 07:11 PM

koby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Oh yeh i know, they sorted me out with the parts, apart from the launcher because i forgot :S. Its the one thing you can count on with GW/FW. The return policy is next to none, you could probably take a regiment box in and say it came without sprues and they'd replace it. My main point was about the rediculous sized bases the elysians come on! I might still snap my dudes off and go for biker bases, its a pain in the ass, especially when disembarking people!

Just started playing again...WTF have they done to my Vampire Counts?!?!!?
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-29-11, 07:23 AM

folketsfiende's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonajirt View Post
I have been a big fan of the Elysian Drop Troops ever since I read IA8. I posted a topic on here before asking for advice on an Elysian army. Thanks to all of the help that Vaz and Folketsfiende, I have finally got an working army list for a Elysian army and have placed my order with Forge World for the start. Due to the monitary costs of the units, It will be a slow moving growing army, but I am hoping that by April I will have a playable sized army in and working on. I just placed the order for 1 Cmd Squad, 2 drop troop squads and 1 equipment pack. After they get in, I will start the formal WIP log with pictures.
Oh, goodie! Have fun painting. Have you decided ön a colour scheme yet? Elysian models lend themselves well to standard army patterns and different types of camouflage. As for the help, de nada - we need more drop troopers! Bring on the pics! From the skies!
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-01-12, 03:12 AM Thread Starter

So I picked up my mail today and recieved my Drop Troops. I did I as I y'all said and checked each piece carefully and I found many many miscasts. almost all of the heads had airbubbles on the chins, all of the torsos have air bubbles on the corners of the bottoms, one foot had an airbubble on top of the foot, and most lasguns have some sort of airbubble. My command squad had 1 air bubble on the voxcaster head and did not come with bases. I wrote Forge World and hopefully Ill hear something real soon to what is going to happen. So until I hear from them, I cant work on the troops, since they most likely will want pictures of the damage and may even ask for them back. So in the mean time Ill do some work on my Cadian hostile envronment troops.

I have not figured out exactly the color scheme, but I am thinking of going with one from the IA8 book since I am also a Raven Guard player.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-01-12, 01:48 PM

GIJedi's Flag is: USA

It's unfortunate that you have had some bad luck with getting started, but as said before, FW's customer service is fantastic. You sould be up and running in no time, these guys are fun to play and I love their backstory. I'm putting together an Elysian army myself and I have a long way to go before they are done. Eventually I'll post some pics of my progress, to let everyone see where I am at. Good luck and can't wait to see your progress.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-02-12, 02:59 AM Thread Starter

Well I wrote forge world and took pictures of all of the damage, emailed that, batch numbers to them and now just awaiting their response. hopefully in the next day or two I will hear something back. of course the 2nd time I looked at the models I found more issues, more air bubbles in the legs and missing a finger on the point army of the command squad. it was quite depressing to recieve my models like that, I was looking so forward to getting to build them.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-02-12, 08:32 AM

Disciple_of_Ezekiel's Flag is: USA

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, believe it or not, getting jacked models from FW is all part of the deal when you order products through them. You would assume they would have a better ‘Quality & Control’ but we already pay an arm and a leg for their products, so they probably care less and will just replace the models that are damaged. However, not once have I had an issue with getting replacements for my Krieg army. I know they know their shit is messed up, probably why they so easily replace them…then again, look were all our resin crack is made…”China!”

"To retreat is defeat. Advance! Advance! In our Death lies Victory."
Captain Denos, 19th Company,468th regiment of the
Death Korps of Krieg

The K.R.I.E.G. Project (My Death Korps of Krieg Plog)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode