Rhino WIP, would like input - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Default Rhino WIP, would like input

Here are some pics of my Nurgle Rhino WIP. I haven't even touched the back of it as far as adding some Nurgle goodness to it. The basic 'theme' is that my Nurgle marines just recently acquired this "transport" and the Nurgle goodness is starting to shine through. I still have A LOT of painting, shading and blending to do.

1) I am going to remodel the whole front end of it and go with a "put the old crew on pikes as hood ornaments"

2) I am also thinking of repainting the rhino as a whole to give it a better contrast. I think there is far too much green going on.

all feed back is welcome.

Last edited by Papa_Nurgle42; 12-18-11 at 10:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 08:36 AM

cirs85's Flag is: USA

I love the idea of please recycle, the execution of the conversion is very well done. I dont think that you have too much green, just not enough contrast like you said. Maybe adding some washes, thraka green/devlan mud into some of that green, then highlighting over it with a different shade of green. same thing for the dead marine getting himself munched on. I find for nurgle metals, base coat of tin bitz, dry brush bolt gun, wash with black/brown, small highlights of chainmail come out looking awesome.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the tips. I was planning on mixing up some grit with the browns and tans for the dirt around the track housing. Was thinking that might add a lot of the contrast i was looking for.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 11:00 AM

Thornin's Flag is: United Kingdom

Needs a little more brown to take the day glow green away but all in all its damn cool!
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Thornin, was thinking on adding a brown wash to the Nurgle goodness when blending it in with the garbage truck. kind of like the onset of rot and pealing paint. would go a long way to brake up the green but I have always thought that "less is more". thoughts?
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 01:33 PM

notsoevil's Flag is: USA

Ha, funny concept and I'm surprised at how much I like it.

The green is overpowering to me, but mostly because it seems flat. Wash it as others have suggested and I think you're on to something.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 01:39 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Excellent concept. Nice to see someone thinking outside the box. As everyone else has said, it does need toning down, but I'm sure you know that.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 01:48 PM

Thornin's Flag is: United Kingdom

With nurgle more is more but yeah dong to to mental with it. Its a fun peice as it ! you may want to try washing it with a painting spounge as you can add and remove it till your 100% happy with the effect and it will give almost a bubbly stippled like effect too.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 05:07 PM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

What the others have said about the painting, it needs more color and contrast. Purple can look good if done well to show necrosis. I think it needs more rot coming from the rear where the trash goes. All and all I have to say I enjoy the modification of it.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
What the others have said about the painting, it needs more color and contrast. Purple can look good if done well to show necrosis. I think it needs more rot coming from the rear where the trash goes. All and all I have to say I enjoy the modification of it.
I plan on trying something new and different ( for me, I don't know if anyone else has tried this or not) for the back where the trash would go. I have bits already painted for "filler" but... Rubber cement has a dingy brownish color to it when it dries. was planning on mixing some blood and puss colors together and swirl it into the rubber cement to fill the back. add some bubbles and then matte coating it to avoid finger prints. If that works out well, then I could use the same idea for the 'seeping' effect from the seams and vents.

I'm still thinking of completely redoing the front of it. Takeing the zombies and Pvt. Jenkins off and adding pikes for the old crew to be displayed on.

@Djinn24 and Khorne's Fist, thanks for the rep mates.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode