The Norvan Resistance - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-07-16, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqiel View Post
Ah an exciting list! Good luck!
Yeah shoulda done an update on where I'm at, nothing's finished yet though because I'm pretty much working on everything at once.

So the 6 Vengrosian tanks that i had decided to work on are at this stage. All undercoated, all camo striped and now I'm starting to block out the main areas to apply the next set of colours to. Neither the Salamander nor the griffon will have crew yet. I'll be ordering these at the same time as I put in an order for the Anachrotopian guard that I have planned.

Spider walker has had the conversion work finished with a top hatch and crew member added, whilst the rhino (it was in the vindi box on the table before) has been constructed and base coated ready to be done up in the colours of the shop army for work.

Finally that leaves the two Land raiders and the Malcador.
The Malcador hasn't been touched, I've realised that it's missing a side sponson and I'm currently struggling to try and create a replacement. When I've got it built it'll be being painted as part of the PDF like the Medusa above.
The raiders are another story. I've built the Achilles in preparation for a delivery which arrived today.

That's right armour upgrades from Subtle Discord 's dark works. Two sets, one for each.

Now i planned to get both of these tanks armoured up tonight but dry fitting the kits revealed a problem that i hadn't expected. For anyone thinking of using these upgrade kits it's worth noting that you need to apply the armour before you attach the sponsons. In both cases I've already attached the sponsons, and have now had to rip them off. on the older vehicle that wasn't too much of a problem because it hails from a day where i was young and poor and could only afford a single type of glue, ten year old superglue doesn't resist very hard. The Achilles however has been glued with polycement, not two days after i placed the order for the armour, I've warped the sponson casing trying to remove it so might have to wait to get a new one from a bits website.

Still i'm happy with how the kit looks on the older tank, hopefully i can get some the other applied in a few days.

Last edited by GrimzagGorwazza; 05-07-16 at 09:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-07-16, 02:12 PM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

It really is an impressive collection of armour. Are the Land Raiders for the store army too?

@Subtle Discord 's armour looks great!

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-07-16, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Unhinged Hobo

Quote:
It really is an impressive collection of armour. Are the Land Raiders for the store army too?

@Subtle Discord's armour looks great!
They should be so lucky. No, both the raiders are destined for my White Panthers army. The standard, now wearing a fancy new suit, used to be a chaos raider for my doom serpents, complete with awful greenstuff scales and giant rubber snake on top. The Achilles was a birthday present from my missus last year.

Last edited by GrimzagGorwazza; 05-07-16 at 09:44 PM.

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-09-16, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Unhinged Hobo

Quick update on what I got done last night. Decided that I needed some serious bling on the Achilles as its going to be the panthers centrepiece. Apologies for the pic, I took it on my phone before work.

image.jpg

post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-09-16, 12:58 PM

Wow, nice marbling there! What's the trim colour going to be?

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-09-16, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Unhinged Hobo

Quote:
Wow, nice marbling there! What's the trim colour going to be?
I was going to do black trim as the main body of the tank is going to be pure white, i've got a couple of plans to do both with a little twist but won't say what yet. I also need to get the company colour in somewhere. Probably on the top hatch and door trim.

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-10-16, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Unhinged Hobo

Another update, another poor quality phone photograph.
image.jpg
I need a new detail brush before i do more on this, mine has started looking worse for wear.

post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-10-16, 02:16 PM

Wow that is some intense freehand... great work!

Iraqiel

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-15-16, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Unhinged Hobo

Quote:
Wow that is some intense freehand... great work!
Thanks Iraqiel, I am really trying to pull out all of the stops. We had an internal contest with the space marine birthday in the store i work in and one of the other staff members beat me so i've thrown down the gauntlet this time and decided o use all the techniques i know, as well as trying to learn a couple of new ones to best him.

First things first, the armour upgrade kit from the Dark Works looks great but there is a slight issue with the way the achilles goes together. Firstly there's no front door on an achilles so that's just not used. No problem i'm sure i'll have to build a landraider again at some points and this way i'll just have extra armour on its front door. Secodnly the Achilles already has armour down the front of the tracks, an area that crosses over with the armour from Dark Works. There is an easy way around it. just pick one or the other to use, either the dark works in which case i lose some of the design elements that appealed to me in the first place with the achilles or just use the FW armour and lose protection on the sides of the front of the tank. In the end i've managed to modify the DW armour plate and cut a section of the FW armour off then greenstuff the gap to get them to look natural. And voila i've got the best of both worlds.

I've been painting on and off on the Achilles for the last week but it's mostly been unnoticable changes so i've not posted much about it. I do however now have only a week to get finished so i'm going to be sitting and doing some hard graft with it for the rest of the day. here is my starting point, note that there is a lot more tonal varience in the white but unfortunately the bright sunshine has bleached it out, it's also hidden the glossy finish that i've applied to the marble. Anyway, back to the brush, stay tuned for an update later today.

Last edited by GrimzagGorwazza; 05-15-16 at 11:46 PM.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-16, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Unhinged Hobo

So in the end today I've painted for just over nine hours with a break midway, and I'm only stopping now because I'm aware that I'm tired and liable to start making mistakes. White is not a forgiving paint when it comes to brush slips and I really don't want to have o redo he cream marble effect if I screw up with the black. So here is where I am, again the lighting isn't ideal I'll have to take some pictures on a grey backing once this things finished. I do like that the light has shown up a little of the pearlescent effect on the front of the tank this time around.

Here's a couple of shots with its clothes on though be aware that these armour plates haven't been glued because I still want to do more work on them, shading and freehanding mostly.

I think my next main hurdle is going to be yet more tribal freehand. I was planning on doing tribal panthers along the top of the track guards but finding a single design that i can use that will be the right shape and size has proven difficult and i'm not having as much luck with designing my own as i did before. The fact that i need to paint two such designs is potentially a problem that could take hours to resolve.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode