Against the Imperium. . . . The Boyz - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-21-12, 05:20 PM

son of azurman's Flag is: Scotland

nah i like the skull it looks orky but the eyes are the bit were i think your not happy good idea though
2 tone looks amazing how can you afford so many minis i get 2 boxes per year due to costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
If an immovable object is struck by an unstoppable force, how many potatoes will fit in the jelly mould?
Renegades 9:flesh is weak
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=122389

Eldrad Ulthran:
"He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it."

inquisitor czevak:
"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-21-12, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Hellados's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yeah it was a good idea but it's failed me lol, I've repainted it now and it looks much better, I've lost my camera and then boxed the Orks because believe it or not they're all table top quality.... all 2000 points!

Most of the army was dude to xmas presents, I tend to get everything I want year around so I never know what to ask for so I ask for GW. tbh all I've brought this year is a box of boyz and a BA Dread that is still in it's box

Does everyone use GW paint to spray with? I have a compressor and 2 air guns but even the brand new paint tends to bung the guns up, but they are pretty cheap air guns, the money went on the compressor
post #53 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-21-12, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

A few more finishing touches and they're all done!! After 12 years my first completed army, I'm so happy with myself.

Then I'm going to go back and do details, icons and some free hand. I'm also going to lighten the skin tone of the Boyz and add some definition to the larger Orkz.

Also need to add things like Squigs to some of them but that can wait.

So here is attempt number 2 at the final trukk

Then we have an addition to one of the killa kanz in honour of his epic orkyness by killing one of his own Battlewagonz and then losing me the game (that I'm taking as a win) by killing 4 Boyz removing the fearlessness and making them run away from the only objective that was uncontested on the last turn.

The squad (which he also killed one of)

The other 3 that did absolutely nothing except distract a big bug thingy away from other targets (so more helpful but ultimately less entertaining then the other squad)

Still needs a couple of arms

Then we have my Lootaz that were EPICORKZZ they actually hit some thingz and killed some big thing that I called a mummy that was spawning little thingz that I called roaches

Full army pic is coming this weekend when they get there first game as a complete army :D

Hope you like them!

post #54 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-22-12, 06:52 PM

zxyogi's Flag is: England

Some nice work going on here hellados!!.....is this canon fodder for your Marines?
post #55 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-22-12, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

post #56 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-24-12, 07:59 AM

Dicrel Seijin's Flag is: USA

Congrats on finishing the painting up of your army. Twelve years? How many points have you painted up? (I'm still painting my Orks up, but I've never considered that it might take me a decade of painting.)

"Oh, you can have as much violence as you want, but no swearing and absolutely no sex." --Bruce Campbell

Fiction: Beneath Our Feet | From Darkness... | Elements of Order, Ep 1, Pt 1, Sec 1 & 2 (MLP: FiM) | Iron Grot | Only War

Projects: Waaagh! Dicrel: Bad Moons Rising | Dicrel's Ork Base Works-In-Progress Log
post #57 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-24-12, 11:06 AM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

Army shot! Army shot! Congrats on finishing them

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

post #58 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-01-12, 01:00 AM Thread Starter

Army shot is incoming, I've spent the last week playing in Southampton with some old Uni mates. Orks wtfpwned!!!! Love them so much, tbh for most of the 12 years it was BAs and IG but I sold them all about 6 years ago to pay for some of uni so atm I just have the 2.5 armies, about 4k of BA, 6k of IG and 2.5k of Orks (Empire doesn't really count )
post #59 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-17-12, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

So here are the army shots, I was waiting for a day where I could get some good pics but a traditional British winter isn't complying.

They're not that dark really

Some of the boyz next to the rides

The last ride and its crew! behind them are the shootas and the kans

Close up of the Nobz

I'm never leaving the lootaz behind again, the new rules are amazing to them

Koptas are probably the most Orky thing eva! They make noise go fast shoot and FLY lol

Deff Dreads arm fell off

So to sumarise where I am with these
fix the travel damage
paint up a few more arms
a few details on a few models like give the warboss a attack squig
few magnets on the vehicles
the 2nd battlewagon needs its Kannon painted
about 20 bases need to be done

But for me they're so so complete! A whole army with only one grey arm!
I'm so chuffed at myself!
post #60 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-01-13, 11:23 AM

piemaster's Flag is: United Kingdom

That is a lot of Deathskulls and for that I approve (+rep). If you are still having trouble making your skin less flat without them looking, well not grubby (and therefore Orky) the only thing I would suggest is to paint 'em up like you have done already but then put some lighter green over their raised bits - you know muscles, eye ridges - but then to wash them with a 50/50/xx mix of green and brown and some water. I'd do this on a tester first but it was just something you said in an earlier post.

My Orks are lovely and bright green/blue but if you were to wash them down again I reckon they'd be grubby enough.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode