My Little Pony Space marines - Updated 9/11/12 - Page 23 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #221 of 243 (permalink) Old 08-24-12, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Pony Marine Master

Angelofdeath690's Flag is: Japan

Ah that, well that has an odd explanation on it XD. So i was looking for a symbol for the chapter and instead of destroying all the U's from the ultramarine figures I decided to use them as the Horseshoe mark that is used for Celestia. Its bright golden yellow. As i dont wanna use gold for obvious reasons (overuse XD) i went with the yellow. Sepia might darken the yellow which would change the composition from Bright yellow to a dark yellow. If you have a good way to mimic bright yellow or a way to change it without losing the brightness im willing to hear it out.

BTW thanks for feedback XD it helps alot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 243 (permalink) Old 08-24-12, 10:30 AM

Lethiathan's Flag is: United Kingdom

Sepia than lamenters yellow, It'll darken it and give a darker tone around the edges, then the glaze will brighten it back up

World's Worst Project-Logger.

Slightly Derranged, would advice staying away.
post #223 of 243 (permalink) Old 08-24-12, 10:38 AM

SGMAlice's Flag is: England

The TDA Chaplain looks awesome!

His wings are a little wonky and set too low down in my opinion but still, he looks damn good.

Alice

PC/Laptop Problems? Post Here: Heresy Online's PC Hardware Help Thread
WIP Custom Chapter Fluff: The Children Of The Dragon
WIP Bio-Mechanical Tyranids: Hive Fleet Giger

post #224 of 243 (permalink) Old 08-24-12, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Pony Marine Master

@lethiathan: hmm ill have to get some lamenters then, ill look into it.

@SGMAlice: thanks! and i know the wings are a bit low but sadly when i put in the cape on to the back and make it sit over the wings it pushed it down a little. It still looks ok in design and its sitting well on it so i dont wanna try pulling it off and trying again and possibly ruining the wings in the process.
post #225 of 243 (permalink) Old 08-25-12, 03:32 AM

Dicrel Seijin's Flag is: USA

Looks like I'm going to have to re-assemble my artillery to meet yours on the field of battle this Sunday.

I do see what you mean about the blues blending together in the cape. I know it goes against the color scheme (and I know you rarely go against color scheme), but consider using the Icy Blue stripes to separate the Asurman and Shadow Grey. As is, there is little contrast and if you hadn't told me, I would have thought the shading was inconsistent.

It will be interesting to see more of the blues and grey on him. Right now there is a bit too much purple and I'm thinking more of Rarity than Shining Armor.

"Oh, you can have as much violence as you want, but no swearing and absolutely no sex." --Bruce Campbell

Fiction: Beneath Our Feet | From Darkness... | Elements of Order, Ep 1, Pt 1, Sec 1 & 2 (MLP: FiM) | Iron Grot | Only War

Projects: Waaagh! Dicrel: Bad Moons Rising | Dicrel's Ork Base Works-In-Progress Log
post #226 of 243 (permalink) Old 08-25-12, 10:32 AM

Azezel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelofdeath690 View Post

Also headed to the painting shop before it can be wired up to play its music is Pinkie's drop pod!

I do plan to add some designs on its exterior. Maybe some streamers hanging off it and a few other bits.

I hope to have some table shots of the game to post!

I suppose you have considered painting your drop pod in the scheme of Twi's balloon, right? Pink and gold with purple swirls and whatnots all over. I think it'd work.

In any event, I continue to be impressed and gladdened by your actually sticking to this project and seeing it through.

Looking for a friendly wargaming club on the Isle of Wight? Drop me a line.

Sisters of Battle - The Order of Glory Undimmed - 2'500 Points | High Elves - House Cyredeth - 2'500 Points | Bretonnians - The Muster of Sir Jules Estelle - 3'000 Points
post #227 of 243 (permalink) Old 08-26-12, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
Pony Marine Master

My original plan for the drop pod was to do one in pinkie's colors and have a Smile Smile Smile design on it. It will also play said song when opened up.

This other idea does intrigue me and maybe for a second drop pod ill use it and have it play the theme song lol.
post #228 of 243 (permalink) Old 08-29-12, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
Pony Marine Master

So a small update since i did promise some shots of the game on sunday.
It was a four way match free for all and made up of Necron/Ork/Chaos Demons + Chaos legion/Pony Marines.

A shot of my deployment zone, the large purple tank was borrowed from the Ork's to count as my Land raider that was needing to be assembled.

The armies were 1500 point and I wont bore everyone with the exact build make up but I put together most of my figures i could use. My command squad couldn't be fielded due to the HQ cut off. (But they cheered on the rest of the chapter from the sidelines.

Chapter Master Celestia leading her honor guard into combat.

The party cannon comes in. ( i gotta get some paint on it now)

And a few shots of the other armies.

And for the update itself so that this is a proper one. I worked on the colors and although the pictures dont do it justice i have made the blues slightly different.

In the last shot, the left blue is a icy blue with a asurman blue wash over it in a few coats. The 2nd blue next to it is a Regal blue and might blend to much with it. Then its another small band of the icyblue/asurman that is hard to tell because of the blend. The bright blue is an icy blue and the far right band is another icy/asurman. I still have to touch up the paint on the body and do the shouder pad cutie mark and then wash it up. I haven't decided on the sword and how i want to do the power on it.

Any comments and critique are welcome.

BTW: The ork's won that match 2/2/2/3 so a revenge match must be made!
post #229 of 243 (permalink) Old 08-29-12, 09:54 AM

Dicrel Seijin's Flag is: USA

Quote:
In the last shot, the left blue is a icy blue with a asurman blue wash over it in a few coats. The 2nd blue next to it is a Regal blue and might blend to much with it. Then its another small band of the icyblue/asurman that is hard to tell because of the blend. The bright blue is an icy blue and the far right band is another icy/asurman. I still have to touch up the paint on the body and do the shouder pad cutie mark and then wash it up. I haven't decided on the sword and how i want to do the power on it.
I should have looked at this Sunday when I had the chance. What confuses my eye are the folds of the cloth. I can't tell if you've washed the recesses or if that's the light and shadow.

As for his sword, I thought you were going to use his color of magic? (You could do a green glow to suggest Changeling influence....)

Quote:
BTW: The ork's won that match 2/2/2/3 so a revenge match must be made!
My objective was 2pts. And I got First Blood, Linebreaker (in two different deployments--yes, the grot in the Kan was cowardly for hiding in the forest), and I'm pretty sure I got Slay the Warlord when my lootas shot the Demon Prince off the bridge (can you ask S. if it was his Warlord?). If so...

J. was over today. He's willing to come for the next Games Day and field his Orks alongside mine. He's up to about 1,500 at this point (they're purple). We can do apoc.

"Oh, you can have as much violence as you want, but no swearing and absolutely no sex." --Bruce Campbell

Fiction: Beneath Our Feet | From Darkness... | Elements of Order, Ep 1, Pt 1, Sec 1 & 2 (MLP: FiM) | Iron Grot | Only War

Projects: Waaagh! Dicrel: Bad Moons Rising | Dicrel's Ork Base Works-In-Progress Log
post #230 of 243 (permalink) Old 09-11-12, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Pony Marine Master

Well I wanted to update the thread since its behind by quite a bit. I haven't stopped working and have been looking for a few tools to do better cutie marks. Also have been working/playing with my guard who have gotten quite the bolster in rank. I will post there to show what has been added in the coming days and I will make sure to updated this thread with pics of the terminator squad that is on its way to start being painted.

The other reason i haven't done more work is because im having difficulty with my airbrush, which i plan to get resolved this week.

Thanks for reading/watching and hope to update more for everyone!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode