My Little Pony Space marines - Updated 9/11/12 - Page 15 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 243 (permalink) Old 04-26-12, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Pony Marine Master

Angelofdeath690's Flag is: Japan

@DoE: And because i forgot yes those are gems on the lightning claws. Rarity has been upgraded to captain of the 8th company. She is getting a few additions to make her fabulous and of proper rank.
Also i wish i could see what those 6 colors look like before purchasing them. Since i need specific colors >< if you have a sample from your set I would love to see them so i can see if i wanna purchase them or not.

With that bit of news and congratulations to Rarity for her deserved promotion I wanted to make a small update to show off the now completed Twilight Sparkle with her cutie mark terminator crux.

Its not perfect but im quite happy how it came out considering XD.

Any comments or opinions on it please share!!. Im finishing up rarity's upgrade and fixing some of the details on AJ before painting begins. Also 1st company banner carrier Spike is getting coat of paint! XD he snuck his way into the line up.

Thats all for now and hope to have more up for everyone!.

Any questions are also welcome XD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 243 (permalink) Old 05-01-12, 02:36 AM

Dicrel Seijin's Flag is: USA

A good attempt at it. The color's perfect and I can see you got the surrounding sparkle.

My only critique is that the face of it isn't smooth. A wrinkle is particularly visible. Have you considered using that new liquid GS?

"Oh, you can have as much violence as you want, but no swearing and absolutely no sex." --Bruce Campbell

Fiction: Beneath Our Feet | From Darkness... | Elements of Order, Ep 1, Pt 1, Sec 1 & 2 (MLP: FiM) | Iron Grot | Only War

Projects: Waaagh! Dicrel: Bad Moons Rising | Dicrel's Ork Base Works-In-Progress Log
post #143 of 243 (permalink) Old 05-02-12, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Pony Marine Master

@Dicrel: I am fixing it currently to see if i can remove that blemish on it.

So while I have some stuff that i just got in and waiting on other things I have good news! I finished 8th Company Captain Rarity. I added a few things and gave more jewels to her. I have to wait for the person with the jewels to come in (only on sundays) to get new ones.

The gems are on the purity seals that were added and maybe I need more. I didn't want to go overboard since that would be unfashionable.

Im still waiting on finding out about those sakura pens lol but for now i can go with how it is to field her.

As a bonus for this update since I dont have AJ finished. (her paint is giving me trouble) I have a few shots of coming projects in the line.

Im waiting on the wings but i did get my Saint Celestia (yes i know) model that shall become Chapter Master Celestia XD.

Also along with her are the honor guard that will become the royal canterlot guards and their captain Shinning Armor who will be made from the Emperor's champion piece i got.

post #144 of 243 (permalink) Old 05-03-12, 06:15 AM

Dicrel Seijin's Flag is: USA

I have to admit that those red jewels on the purity seals really do look nice. I wonder if I could rationalize using them on some of my marines....

And when did Rarity have laurels? She didn't have them before right?

As for Celestia... bit to early to comment.

"Oh, you can have as much violence as you want, but no swearing and absolutely no sex." --Bruce Campbell

Fiction: Beneath Our Feet | From Darkness... | Elements of Order, Ep 1, Pt 1, Sec 1 & 2 (MLP: FiM) | Iron Grot | Only War

Projects: Waaagh! Dicrel: Bad Moons Rising | Dicrel's Ork Base Works-In-Progress Log
post #145 of 243 (permalink) Old 05-08-12, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Pony Marine Master

@Dircel: No Rarity didn't, i added it from the Command squad kit. Along with the seals that are all over the jump pack. I like to think i did a good job giving Rarity some nice gems lol.

As for an update, AJ is taking longer to do thanks to some problems with the paint not covering enough. Also a few other problems. As such I got off my rear and put together the green stuff for a bunch of my other ones that were waiting. Also did some work on another one that I haven't shown yet.

Now on to some pics of what i've done.

The first up is my Chapter Master Celestia. I did like many others and took the wings from the scourge kit and put them on her. I haven't found a good way to keep the cape with the cherub's as I kinda wanted to use it for part of her mane but i think i will stick with her hair and part of her back outfit becoming that.

I did a smaller horn but longer than my others and added what i could count as a crown along her brow. I wanna add a gem or two if i can get smaller ones for it but over all it worked well.

A longer range shot of the full model front side.
And one of her with her honor guard (unicorn ones) and Shining Armor (the emp champion).

w/o Celestia there.

And lastly for now a shot of Shining Armor solo.

I have a few new ideas that I'll be adding to my chapter layout list but for now i wanna get AJ done and complete my Mane 6. I still have spots open for any OC's that want in as I start to work on them and pick characters from the series to fill the spots. If you want one let me know!

C&C is welcome and appreciated so i know how well people enjoy this project and what i can fix. Thanks!
post #146 of 243 (permalink) Old 05-08-12, 11:30 PM
The Curmudgeon

jonileth's Flag is: USA

Outstanding work as always.

post #147 of 243 (permalink) Old 05-09-12, 07:28 AM

Pusser's Flag is: Denmark

I can't wait to see how you're going to make the pastel rainbow on Celestia

If you can whine about it, you haven't been hurt enough.
post #148 of 243 (permalink) Old 05-09-12, 04:57 PM

Lethiathan's Flag is: United Kingdom

Your paint seems a little thick and not too smooth... I'm not sure why, Just stating my feelings

World's Worst Project-Logger.

Slightly Derranged, would advice staying away.
post #149 of 243 (permalink) Old 05-10-12, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Pony Marine Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethiathan View Post
Your paint seems a little thick and not too smooth... I'm not sure why, Just stating my feelings

On which model? If its the Rarity one it is, mostly because i had to redo the paint a few times and instead of removing the old because i didn't want to lose the gems and additions i left it so its particularly thick on that one.
post #150 of 243 (permalink) Old 05-10-12, 03:10 AM

pchandler43's Flag is: USA

This is ridiculous lol

"From the darkness we strike: fast and lethal, and by the time our foes can react... darkness there and nothing more."
Raven Guard saying

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode