For the Imperium - Page 9 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 91 (permalink) Old 06-02-13, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Hellados's Flag is: United Kingdom

So invincible (the Baneblade) is coming along well, Dreadnought (my first super heavy, the stormlord) however is seriously pissing me off!! Damn things (with 3 of the lemons) are still dropping weathering powders f***ing everywhere!!!!! About 5 layers of Matt varnish!

Warspite (the TH) is going to get some more work tomorrow when I can use the dining room table as it doesn't fit I my normal work area, I need to start making the nose and the bit that will join the front and rear together
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 91 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Quick up date on my Super heavies and 1st squad of lemons, I clearly need to use my powders on my Baneblade and managed to seal the existing stuff in on the others, another (hopefully last) very thick coat of Matt spray.

I'll try and get better pics tomorrow as the weather in London is hot hot hot!!

post #83 of 91 (permalink) Old 06-03-13, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

post #84 of 91 (permalink) Old 06-09-13, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

So the weather wasn't so good today so I did some painting, tester model for my British Paratrooper Vets

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370812740.715984.jpg

Some comments would be amazing, the DPM camo just isn't right, I think it's the 'cream' flashes that look off??

The Beret is the wrong colour too, it needs to be darker but I'm sure that isn't it
post #85 of 91 (permalink) Old 06-12-13, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, I got distracted painting my last 3 lemons making a total of 9, then it was suggested that I use 2 FOGs so now I need 1 more to make a total of 10 leman russ' in a 2500 point game!!! :D :D (this makes me very happy but nervous about fitting them on the table!

I was thinking of doing some fluff, would you guys prefer fully fledged well thought out or just tiny thoughts like a plog??

Also some more advice, this time on camo schemes for the tanks, basically I'm stuck, I appears that the British army are pretty relaxed when it comes to painting there armour. They paint them green (except for some in Iraq where they didn't appear to bother because of 'time' and the fact that the Iraqis didn't have anything that could take out a Challenger tank). They do sometimes put black on them (if they get bored I guess) but I have also seen some who have even taken the extra effort to put some black on them!! (REALLY bored).
What do you guys think I should do with my tanks, I'm thinking leaving them green tbh as its easy and camouflaging tanks the size of houses is a bit pointless......

Lastly it's a question on insignia, in the second world war they used numbers on the rear with a badge to denote the division and a diamond (for HQ), triangle (A squad), square (B squad), circle (C squad). like on this link;

http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=590

But more recently that seems to have changed to a similar view given to the camo with a touch of unit slashes a numbering systems that appears to have incredibly limited amount of reference material (go UK military being all secretive and stuff). We can't be bothered and no one cares, I mean if there's a tank over there that looks like ours it doesn't really matter what quad it's in..... But what do you guys think, numbering, invent my own or use a more modern

Last edited by Hellados; 06-12-13 at 01:50 PM.
post #86 of 91 (permalink) Old 06-12-13, 03:33 PM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

The heavies have turned out real nice, Cheers mate. Looking forward to seeing the troops more.

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

post #87 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-23-13, 07:24 AM

CommissarAidan's Flag is: Australia

nice work detailing and the armour
post #88 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-23-13, 08:18 AM

zxyogi's Flag is: England

Nice work Hellados, love the Heavies!
Love to give my Marines a "Heavy" of some type, plasma variant.
Sorry to hear you struggling with the weathering powders. I always leave mine on for a few days before spraying with matt varnish, never brush on the varnish. I use MIG powders.
Hope that helps!
post #89 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-23-13, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Ah thanks guys! Means a lot! I'm afraid I'm having issues with my right arm at the moment meaning I can't paint, I've been painting some BFG and started some empire, think I might of been a bit over whelmed by the amount that I have 'nearly finished' (basically everything) lol

I'll start again soon and get a pic of my ships for you guys though

PPS I've also found a local gaming group so that could/should motivate me more
post #90 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-23-13, 07:05 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

That is a great armoured company you have there, nice to see some tanks. See your BFG would be great as well. Hope your arm is getting better, I guess if it's no painting with it then it will defs be no modelling?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode