It's been a while since the last update. I've been busy with my chaos marines and real life so haven't had much to report on the fantasy and random bits and pieces front.
I'm hopefully painting my Demigryph Knights for the army painting challenge this month but before I started them I wanted the bases sorted.
The bases for Demigryphs are way too big for the model imo so I'm trying to make them look more interesting. My army is based on a kind of flagstone effect because I eventually wanted to build a display for them which would be the docks area of a town. So with that in mind I've been coming up with ideas.
One such idea was simply to have a sewer cover so here's a step by step of my attempt!
Starting with the plain base I mixed up a bunch of greenstuff and rolled out enough to make a circle to mark out the area.
Next, I didn't just want a sewer entrance, I wanted something dark and malevolent staring out of it and the obvious choice would be skaven. Unfortunately I didn't have any skaven heads in my bits box so I went through until I found something suitable. It turned out to be:
A Banner top from the Empire Knights sprue. I chopped off its head leaving me with:
Next thing to do was make a drainage channel that would run into the sewer.
Which once smoothed down looks like:
When I was happy with that I took some paper clips and cut them to size in order to make the grille that covers the sewer. The first 2 are in place here:
More paper clips and then greenstuff on the outer edge:
Then finally the finished article. Well, I say finished, there's a lot still to be done but that's the hard part.
More pics incoming when I finished the others :D