Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   General 40k (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/14-general-40k/)
-   -   Necrons being tomb Kings in space may not be a bad thing (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/general-40k/99778-necrons-being-tomb-kings-space-may-not-bad-thing.html)

humakt 10-28-11 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaz (Post 1095119)
Special Characters - from someone who started in 3rd and Special Characters were an "opponents permission" thing, I hated that the new editions changed it so that every 500 point list I was facing had some hero who was capable of changing the status of the galaxy present.

I'm not sure about special characters being a good or a bad thing. I like special characters and as long as they are priced right they do add a new dimension to the game. It has been nice being able to roll out Vulcan and have him battle it out toe to toe against
Karandras.

These days codexes seem to be built to have each special character give army buffs so allow different army types. Probably the wrong way to do it if you want special characters to be special and never used except in appoc. Lets be honest hear how often in 3rd edition did somebody even think of using a special character as it would potentially be vetoed by your oppoenent meaning a rethink of your army/strategy.

Durandal 10-28-11 08:52 PM

I think the special characters being more common was a good move. They are balanced, and can add a much bigger variety to your army than the generic options.

jaysen 10-29-11 05:58 AM

I like special characters, but I think that some of them should be limited to 2000+ games, such as chapter masters and such.

Nicholas Hadrian 10-29-11 10:33 AM

So... on a side note... who's read this month's White Dwarf?

Digg40k 10-29-11 10:55 AM

Reading the bits of fluff that are attached alongside the advance order pictures I have to say I'm fairly impressed. I particularly like Trazyn the Infinite. I hope the Codex is as good.

Nicholas Hadrian 10-29-11 10:57 AM

Meh I didn't like it at first but after a bit of thinking, rationalization and such, it grows on you.

Farseer Darvaleth 10-29-11 11:46 AM

Damn you all. My WD doesn't arrive until later today. Damn being further around the world! :laugh:

Nicholas Hadrian 10-30-11 05:42 AM

Gist of it, Necrons are now established as having rebelled against the C'tan before their primary leader, the Silent King went off to seek new bodies for his people to transfer themselves into after they have rebuilt their empire.

Personally, I explain this away as; C'tan got up first, needed more souls to get strong again, gathered some loyal, minor lords to their banner, either that or subjugated some unintellegent warriors, insane destroyers ect. and that is the Necrons we knew from before, then Newcrons get up, look at them and go "Nuh uh" and C'tan are locked back up.

Pariahs are easily explained as having been the C'tan's desperation, forcing them to make use of souls they could not consume, the newcrons find this disgusting and distateful, since it's the same shit the C'tan pulled before and then wipe out the Pariahs.

All fits, all copasetic. Provided that is the angle they take. >.>