Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   General 40k (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/14-general-40k/)
-   -   Necrons being tomb Kings in space may not be a bad thing (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/general-40k/99778-necrons-being-tomb-kings-space-may-not-bad-thing.html)

Achaylus72 10-20-11 01:48 AM

According to the current Codex: Necron on page 17.

Twisted and ghoulish terrors of the night, the Flayed Ones advance before the Necron force, spreading fear like a plague before them. Stooped yet terrifying agile beast's from man's darkest nightmares, the Flayed Ones long flensing blades can strip the skin from their prey in seconds. Thin and wiry, they adorn themselves woth the still wet hides of their victims, leaving the skinned corpses to sow fear and confused amongst their enemies ranks.

Why did i quote this passage, well Nicholas Hadrian stated that the current Flayed ones look like they are wrapped in "Toilet Paper". I would consider that it would be hard to sculpt any Flayed One model that has flayed skin on it and does not look like "Toilet Paper".

Moonschwine 10-20-11 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Achaylus72 (Post 1090033)

Twisted and ghoulish terrors of the night, the Flayed Ones advance before the Necron force, spreading fear like a plague before them. Stooped yet terrifying agile beast's from man's darkest nightmares, the Flayed Ones long flensing blades can strip the skin from their prey in seconds. Thin and wiry, they adorn themselves woth the still wet hides of their victims, leaving the skinned corpses to sow fear and confused amongst their enemies ranks.

Why did i quote this passage, well Nicholas Hadrian stated that the current Flayed ones look like they are wrapped in "Toilet Paper". I would consider that it would be hard to sculpt any Flayed One model that has flayed skin on it and does not look like "Toilet Paper".

Prepare for terminator 2 style sculpts to be designed and never see the light of day due to law suits. Though I'm totally fine with things like this:

http://images.wikia.com/terminator/i...or-t600-1-.jpg

KhainiteAssassin 10-20-11 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Achaylus72 (Post 1090033)

actually, he was saying the NEW ones, IE: the ones in the leaked pictures, look like toilet paper, we all love the old ones.

lokis222 10-20-11 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KhainiteAssassin (Post 1090056)
actually, he was saying the NEW ones, IE: the ones in the leaked pictures, look like toilet paper, we all love the old ones.

if i like the new dex, i will be finding the old ones on ebay. new ones look like crap in comparison.

KhainiteAssassin 10-20-11 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lokis222 (Post 1090069)
if i like the new dex, i will be finding the old ones on ebay. new ones look like crap in comparison.

I could not agree more.

Im thinking of getting them comissioned even to make sure that those flesh covered freaks get the attention they deserve!

Nicholas Hadrian 10-20-11 04:38 AM

I agree with everything everyone has said in my defense, Personally I have no plans on starting a Necron army, i'm imperial all the way, I just like facing down opponets with really cool models, really fun rules and really cool fluff.

And on an aside, Achaylus, there's no need to be rude.

Achaylus72 10-20-11 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicholas Hadrian (Post 1090092)
I agree with everything everyone has said in my defense, Personally I have no plans on starting a Necron army, i'm imperial all the way, I just like facing down opponets with really cool models, really fun rules and really cool fluff.

And on an aside, Achaylus, there's no need to be rude.

Where was i being rude.

Nicholas Hadrian 10-20-11 07:41 AM

Snide then if you prefer.

Achaylus72 10-20-11 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicholas Hadrian (Post 1090143)
Snide then if you prefer.

Explain how I was snide.

Coldshrike 10-24-11 02:10 PM

*googles flayed ones*

Well, I'm not sleeping tonight then, am I.

I don't think the new ones look that bad though. Posed kinda weird.