Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   General 40k (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/14-general-40k/)
-   -   Necrons being tomb Kings in space may not be a bad thing (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/general-40k/99778-necrons-being-tomb-kings-space-may-not-bad-thing.html)

Nicholas Hadrian 10-19-11 09:03 AM

Though personally I'm curious about their new fluff, which IS going to be tomb kings in space.

To which I kinda say meh, after all the old Necrons were really very frightening, the simple fact that barely any of them had woken up and when the did the galaxy would tremble yada yada yada. Makes me wonder how they will be treated now, hope they don't lose their uniqueness.

Won't deny I love the new take of Flayed Ones though, wanting to reclaim their lost skin, being absolutely batshit crazy and flaying people because they want their flesh back? That is fascinating and somewhat more terrifying than the old "We do it to scare the everloving living shit out of you" explanation.

(yes I am crazy I personally loved Necron destroyers, it gave them this horrifying surgery-frankenstein feel, and not having any tanks/transports per-se was a unique idea, it gave them their own flavor, having to take a ride like any poor imperium shmuck just makes them alot less intimidating. Too human y'know?)

KhainiteAssassin 10-19-11 09:06 AM

i like the new fluff of the flayed ones, I dont like the new models, I want the old ones back. they were awsome

Nicholas Hadrian 10-19-11 09:09 AM

Damn straight.

Achaylus72 10-19-11 10:09 AM

GW is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Why am i not surprised with all the bitching and moaning from some over the new models, there are some who are never ever satisfied and i can't for the life of me understand why some folk end up so grumpy and miserable, like they have some permanent chip on their sorry arsed shoulders.

If Necrons are Tomb Kings in Space then so be it.

Weapon 10-19-11 10:18 AM

The possibilities for conversions between the Newcrons and Tomb Kings should be pretty varied.

That's definitely a good thing for me.

Ravner298 10-19-11 12:52 PM

Sepulcher knights are HUGE. Aren't they each on a chariot base?! You'd be screwing yourself over with true LOS on that one!

Nicholas Hadrian 10-19-11 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Achaylus72 (Post 1089542)
GW is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Why am i not surprised with all the bitching and moaning from some over the new models, there are some who are never ever satisfied and i can't for the life of me understand why some folk end up so grumpy and miserable, like they have some permanent chip on their sorry arsed shoulders.

If Necrons are Tomb Kings in Space then so be it.

Yeesh dude, I'm not saying this ruins necrons and GW for me, I just liked the old ones better especially since the new fluff is an unknown quantity, they have me worried that they might not be making the best choice.

After all, there IS a difference between satisfied and pleased.

I am "SATISFIED" with the new necron models I have seen thus far (still dont know what the wraiths look like, so here's to hoping they're cool"

Am I "HAPPY" with the new flayed ones? Heck no, the new ones look like they wrapped themselves in fleshy toilet paper and called it a day.

(also, Newcrons? I like it.)

Lubacca 10-19-11 08:32 PM

It wasn't until I saw the new sculpts that I gave the Necrons a second look at all. I didn't know much about the fluff but always heard not very good things about it. Now? I'm intrigued. Tomb Kings in Space? Cool. I liked TK and VC, so why not? It's a horde or evil... dig it

C'Tan Chimera 10-19-11 10:06 PM

I don't think its bad at all- my worry about it was the idea that GW was just going to directly rehash an existing theme. I feared it was going to be weakly handled and they'd basically just be a reskin of the actual Tomb Kings army. Instead, I'm glad to see they've really worked to differentiate it aesthetically and fluff wise.

Granted, I'll still work to keep them mostly robotic and some TK rather than the other way around. I don't mind the new models at all, but expect to see plenty of conversions regardless.

Lubacca 10-19-11 11:05 PM

I'm going to make all of mine Cylons :P