Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   General 40k (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/14-general-40k/)
-   -   Necrons being tomb Kings in space may not be a bad thing (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/general-40k/99778-necrons-being-tomb-kings-space-may-not-bad-thing.html)

KhainiteAssassin 10-19-11 05:45 AM

Necrons being tomb Kings in space may not be a bad thing

Im ready to get flamed, but hear me out people!

the firs question we need to ask ourselves, will the "new" wraiths look good, or just be a refined version of the older ones? i dont know about the rest of you, but I didnt like the old wraiths that much, i mean they were cool, but they were not all that inspiring, to say the least, the old Flayed ones, on the other hand, they were inspiring.

but I digress, the reason for this post, is just me being random and saying, if the wraith look like shit, then these should be the new wraith!:

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...s1_873x627.jpg

shaantitus 10-19-11 05:53 AM

If they are plastic then they have a lot of potential to be wraiths. No flames from me.

KhainiteAssassin 10-19-11 05:55 AM

those are a plastic kit from Tomb Kings, yes.

JackalMJ 10-19-11 06:36 AM

I like, no i love the old wraiths. Not that I mind them with tails, but really I like the old wraiths. I just wish they where more useable... heres hoping the new edition fixes that. Even the same cost with a squad size of 5 might do it...

KhainiteAssassin 10-19-11 06:38 AM

I dunno, their shoulder pads being across the length of some Necrons standing up just sets me off for some reason xD

Rems 10-19-11 07:19 AM

So your whole argument is that the old wraiths were poor sculpts and the tomb stalkers are nice sculpts so if necrons are tomb kings in space we can use tomb stalkers for wraiths?

Right...

There's nothing stopping you from doing that anyone. I personally though would prefer the necrons to be given their own theme and identity rather than borrowing off or being directly recognisable as someone else's'.

KhainiteAssassin 10-19-11 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rems (Post 1089441)
So your whole argument is that the old wraiths were poor sculpts and the tomb stalkers are nice sculpts so if necrons are tomb kings in space we can use tomb stalkers for wraiths?

Right...

There's nothing stopping you from doing that anyone. I personally though would prefer the necrons to be given their own theme and identity rather than borrowing off or being directly recognisable as someone else's'.

Well its more that if the old style for them are kept. its the same with the immortals, but i liked the old immortals, they just got an awsome revamped look.

And the Necrons Identity IS Tomb Kings in space, has been pretty much from the get go. Just like DE are like DE, CE are like HE, Chaos is like Chaos.

They are not borrowing anythings "identity" they are just showing off their fantasy roots.

Sworn Radical 10-19-11 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KhainiteAssassin (Post 1089447)
And the Necrons Identity IS Tomb Kings in space, has been pretty much from the get go ...

They are not borrowing anythings "identity" they are just showing off their fantasy roots.

Sorry, but I believe you're mightily mistaken.

Perhaps Necrons are 'Tomb Kings in Space' right now, but they sure did not start that way.

The first Necron models ever actually were dubbed 'Chaos Androids' and were part of one of the early (first edition) Space Crusade boxed sets. They evolved from that very same design years later.

Cheers

Nicholas Hadrian 10-19-11 08:36 AM

Personally I go meh to the old wraith, I liked the design well enough, but the fact that they were all in the same fetal pose and the fact they were metal models when they had so much opportunity to be incredibly dynamic was a disappointment to me.

Agree with you on the new flayed ones though, they look so uninteresting, like mummies made of toilet paper instead of the old ones, the old flayed ones were terrifying.

And for the record, when Necrons were first having their fluff written up, they actually tried to NOT have the fluff for the tomb kings and Necrons intersect, now they are, food for thought huh?

KhainiteAssassin 10-19-11 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicholas Hadrian (Post 1089474)
Personally I go meh to the old wraith, I liked the design well enough, but the fact that they were all in the same fetal pose and the fact they were metal models when they had so much opportunity to be incredibly dynamic was a disappointment to me.

Agree with you on the new flayed ones though, they look so uninteresting, like mummies made of toilet paper instead of the old ones, the old flayed ones were terrifying.

yes, yes they were.