Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   Sisters of Battle codex reply from Cruddace (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/99712-sisters-battle-codex-reply-cruddace.html)

MadCowCrazy 10-17-11 12:23 PM

Sisters of Battle codex reply from Cruddace

As some of you know I wrote a 50 page document I wanted to hand Cruddace at gamesday, as he wasn't there and they dont really accept work from people during gamesday I had to post it to him. I received a reply from him today and figured I'd let you guys know what he wrote.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Cruddace
"I'd like to thank you for sending us your thoughts on Sisters of Battle. It was very interesting and you've clearly put a lot of thought into what you've submitted - it's great to see that you're so passionate about the Sisters of Battle. I was impressed with your comprehensive commentary throughout your manuscript, in particular with your analysis on Acts of Faith, which I think shed valuable light onto the way the army plays.

We're always grateful for thoughts and feedback from our customers as it helps us to keep in touch with the 'grass roots' of the hobby and improve both our rules and background.

Rest assured your ideas, comments and suggestions on Sisters of Battle will be carefully considered by the Games Development team."

I can't share my document as it's GW property now but I'm sure people would enjoy what I put together. I've done what I can for the Sisters of Battle, it's up to GW now to listen to peoples requests and produce a codex worthy enough to be called Codex: Sisters of Battle.

On another note I've been reading Hammer & Anvil and the sisters use Arvus Lighters in it as they did in Red & Black. For those that dont know in Imperial Armour Apocalypse: Second Edition the Sisters of Battle were given access to the Arvus Lighter transport vehicle and now they've been using them in 2 BL titles, though by the same author James Swallow.

They also make use of a modified Venator. Difference with the Elysian Tauros Venator from FW is that the Sisters one doesn't come with a weapon on top, instead it has been given an enclosed crew compartment large enough for 5 passengers. So will they be getting a plastic kit for this vehicle? It wouldn't surprise me as it's mentioned by name so many times in the book and I've only read the first 200 pages so far.
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhamme...S-VENATOR.html

The only thing we can do now is wait, we might be in for a very long wait before we get a proper codex. Sometime in the middle of 6E has been speculated, so expect to be waiting for a year or three before we hear anything new about the sisters.

Doelago 10-17-11 12:34 PM

At least someone is doing something instead of just whining. :)

Zion 10-17-11 01:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Good to hear you got feedback and that he read it. I'll be interested in seeing what this leads to. Who knows, may it'll be the thing they need to inspire them to really expand the army into something awesome!

Unforgiven302 10-17-11 02:40 PM

I was impressed to see that it looks like he actually read what you sent him. That alone is a victory for you. Most fan based material is shit-canned and dismissed instantly without a second thought or look by almost all companies. If they actually take a harder look at your submission, well, that is doubtful, but you at least got his attention.

Entarion 10-17-11 03:17 PM

MadCowCrazy: Hello. I actually dont know that you wrote this document but this post caught my eye! I am really looking forward to new Sisters but I am quite afraid = new GK (totally dissappointed :( )
I thought that Fall will bring new Sisters but I was suprised by leaked pictures of new Necrons. So you think that sisters are planned more later? For example next summer ?
I would like to know more about this document you wrote. What is it about if you can be more specific. Thank you in advance for your answer :)

MadCowCrazy 10-17-11 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Entarion (Post 1088480)
MadCowCrazy: Hello. I actually dont know that you wrote this document but this post caught my eye! I am really looking forward to new Sisters but I am quite afraid = new GK (totally dissappointed :( )
I thought that Fall will bring new Sisters but I was suprised by leaked pictures of new Necrons. So you think that sisters are planned more later? For example next summer ?
I would like to know more about this document you wrote. What is it about if you can be more specific. Thank you in advance for your answer :)

Since they came out with the WD dex I see no reason for them to publish a proper book with models any time soon. I fear that we are in for a very long wait before the Sisters get the codex they deserve. Blood Angels had to wait 3 years before they got a proper codex, does this mean the Sisters will get a new codex in 3 years?
Personally I'm hoping for a release within 2 years but you never know, I wonder if all space marine codices will get updated again before the Sisters get a proper book, it wouldn't surprise me.

What the rumours say is basically that after Necrons there might be 1 codex released before 6E and that once 6E hits it will be Black Templars vs Chaos Legions (new CSM book) in the starter set. A starter set with 2 space marine armies in it... as if the market wasn't already flooded with sm models.
Anyway, after this there are rumours on Tau and Eldar.

Here is my personal guess.
Black Templars
Chaos Legions
Tau
Dark Angels
Eldar
Space Marines
Orks
Blood Angels
Tyranids
Space Wolves
Chaos Daemons
A new space marine army
WD update for Sisters of Battle
7th Edition

It's actually not unlikely. If GW could get away with it they'd have a codex for every single Space Marine Chapter. This would on the other hand lead to codicies getting updated once every 30 years.

Entarion 10-17-11 05:50 PM

Wow so long for new sisters? That is quite unexpected for me. I thought that new codex in WD is just begining for new models. But on the other hand I will rather wait 2 years if new codex will be excellent.

Even though I play SM I dont like much that most famous chapters has it's own codices, though I understand the concept of it. Because of this BT and DA are now one of the oldest and unplayable :/ If even CSM legions will have their own...well..that's quite bad.

But it is all about more money, isn't it? More codices, more models, more £

But If you wrote to GW some suggestions about new Sisters codex, lets pray for the Emperor that yours and other players wishes come true :)

Azezel 10-17-11 07:05 PM

Sisters using the Venator, eh?

I could get behind that.

Les keen on the Arvus which is so clearly not a combat vehicle, nor does it serve any role in the Ecclesiarchy's army that an Aquilla or dropship couldn't serve better.

Moving swiftly on. When I contacted Matthew Farrer to compliment him on the Shira Calpurnia serries (and his portrayal of the sororits therein) he told me that the Sarissa - the Sisters bayonet - first appeared in his books, it was his own creation and was only later adopted for the, then new, Codex witch Hunters. (of course, Farrer's Sarissas were power-weapons, but you cannot have everything).

So it'd not be the first time that elements from a BL novel are incorperated into a codex.

Zion 10-17-11 07:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
MadCowCrazy:

Did you include my point about the Superiors being veterans so they should all be WS/BS4?

I've been actually considering writing up some Sisters stuff but without a clear intent on what GW wants to do with them.

Though a Living Saint HQ choice would be pretty bad ass. Something relatively generic but customizable. I'd have fun with one of those.

MadCowCrazy 10-18-11 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zion (Post 1088559)
MadCowCrazy:

Did you include my point about the Superiors being veterans so they should all be WS/BS4?

Yes, I believe I did.