Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Space Marine Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/139-space-marine-army-lists/)
-   -   White scars - 1800 points - riding the pale horse (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/space-marine-army-lists/99153-white-scars-1800-points-riding-pale-horse.html)

Kaizer 10-06-11 10:51 PM

White scars - 1800 points - riding the pale horse

Hello there Heresy

I haven't posted for a very longe time, but now Im back! I just started up a white scars army, and Im thinking about going to a tournament next month.

I talked about some list with a buddy and he suggested a quite extreme bike list, and here it is:

HQ
Khan on bike

Troops
Bike squad 1
4 bikes, 2 plasmaguns, meltabomb
Attack Bike w/ Multimelta

Bike squad 2

Bike squad 3

Bike squad 4
6 bikes, 2 meltaguns, powerfist

Bike squad 5
6 bikes, 2 meltaguns, powerfist

Bike squad 6
7 bikes, 2 meltaguns, powerfist

Fast attack
Scout bike squad 1
3 bikes, Powerfist

Scout bike squad 2
3 bikes, Powerfist

Total: 1800 points

All Kind of feedback are welcome, so please dont be shy ;)

/Kaizer

moswantd407 10-06-11 11:22 PM

It has all of the strengths and weaknesses of a standard biker army not much to be said on that one. However i do suggest some ranged fire support maybe an autolas predator or whirlwind.

Kastle 10-07-11 12:59 AM

First, i commend you sir for wanting to play bikers.

second i am not a fan of plasma guns on a biker unless they are in a command squad.

third have you seen the bike tactica by Epatus, if you haven't read it please do so...
here is the link:https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ighlight=bikes

In your fast attack i would consider attack bike squads...2 MM attack bikes for 100pts...

moswantd407 10-07-11 02:30 AM

he has made a very good point since you are running a biker army IMO the best thing to run would be a command squad for you to splurge on! I think that 5x plasmagun on bikes for 280 for a firebase that is seperate from khan would be okay but I think that this would be cooler

Command squad on bikes- 320
Company champion PW CS
Apothecary PW
veteran PW SS
veteran PF
veteran PW company banner

that's a lot of strength 5 power weapon hits on the charge FNP for Khan and hit and run for laughs

jaysen 10-07-11 06:04 AM

The big problem with bike armies is the expense. $12 per bike gets expensive quick.

Vaz 10-07-11 02:38 PM

Biker armies do not work.

Combined arms do work.

Have a couple of Rhino/Razorbacks and full squads to aid with your objective holding and adding in missing heavy weapon support (250 points brings you 2 Heavy Weapons to the table, as well as a potential 2 more squads capable of holding objectives).

Scout Bikes don't really work. There only real benefit to the army is bringing the Astartes Grenade Launchers. The mines aren't that effective, and against the armies it's useful against, the few losses aren't going to damage them all that much.

Take attack bike squads of 2 instead.

Also, always give your Sergeant a Powerfist. Means it can take on enemy Monstrous Creatures. And lastly, I'm not a fan of the Plasma weapons. With your speed, mass meltaguns is less of an issue, the additional penetration, as well as being able to Instagib enemies like Nobz, Paladins, and Space Marine heroes.

Obviously, this means you miss out on horde capabilities (as let's face it, TL Bolters don't really cut it), so at the least, a couple of Dakka Predators or Sternguard in a Rhino with combi-weapons can really tip the tide.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

moswantd407 10-08-11 01:55 AM

:goodpost:

Vaz knows what he is doing.