Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   Eldar Rumors (bit of News) (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/98526-eldar-rumors-bit-news.html)

Achaylus72 09-26-11 04:27 PM

If this is true, then this means that Chaos will get pushed back until late 2013 or early 2014.

Djinn24 09-26-11 04:56 PM

I am pretty sure that the Eldar dex is older then the Chaos dex at thins point.

My wallet hates this annoucement, you know how much FW I still need to get?

Katie Drake 09-26-11 05:12 PM

I'm gonna call BS on the entire thing. It's too far off for these rumors to be anything approaching accurate. I'll be surprised to see any of this pan out.

Djinn24 09-26-11 05:58 PM

You know KD most of these are so general that they are likely true, but I can see where you doubt others too. Its like the rumor that a new Nightwing is being released, its easily believable because that kit is so dated.

New Tanks: Given
New Jet Bike: Maybe
New Vyper: Doubt it
New Warlocks: Likely
New Aspects: Doubt it, they where just redone
Droppod: Highly Doubt, maybe a webway ship

MetalHandkerchief 09-26-11 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djinn24 (Post 1074110)
It has been rumored for a bit that Eldar are getting the 1st or 2nd codex for 6th edition.

It's Black Templars -> Chaos Marines -> Eldar

EDIT: Reason: The 6th edition starter set AKA. the next AoBR equivalent, will be Black Templars + Chaos as a tie-in to the MMORPG Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online. The following codices will be the remaining races from WH40K:DMO, which is Eldar and Imperial Guard.

EDIT 2: These rumors are toss, 110% guaranteed, it's just BoLS knee-jerk conjecture in the panic that their niche is gone and their website is useless now.

SilverTabby 09-26-11 09:03 PM

If eldar are indeed mid-year 2012, then virtually all writing work will be done, plastics will be virtully complete and the final thing left to happen before the book goes to repro is the models to come back so EM can do the colour section. That will be done by Christmas.

People seem to think these projects get thrown together over a couple of months, that the schedule is flexible and can be altered and shifted around seemingly on a whim. It's simply not true. It's also not true that the new box for 40k will be what it is to tie-in with a computer game. It will in fact be the other way around: the decision for the contents will have been made over 2 years ago, the work will all be finished by now and the computer company will have chosen their factions following discussions on this years ago. GW never has and never will tailor their schedule around an external release, they insist the external releases work around them.

MetalHandkerchief 09-26-11 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverTabby (Post 1074392)
If eldar are indeed mid-year 2012, then virtually all writing work will be done, plastics will be virtully complete and the final thing left to happen before the book goes to repro is the models to come back so EM can do the colour section. That will be done by Christmas.

Before 6th edition comes out, we will see Necrons and Tau, and immediately after, Black Templars and Chaos. If you think that leaves room for any kind of Eldar in 2012, especially since the Eldar codex is after 6th edition, please apply for a job at the GW R&D dept. because they can certainly need someone like you to figure out how to make their production lines go faster.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverTabby (Post 1074392)
People seem to think these projects get thrown together over a couple of months, that the schedule is flexible and can be altered and shifted around seemingly on a whim. It's simply not true. It's also not true that the new box for 40k will be what it is to tie-in with a computer game. It will in fact be the other way around: the decision for the contents will have been made over 2 years ago, the work will all be finished by now and the computer company will have chosen their factions following discussions on this years ago. GW never has and never will tailor their schedule around an external release, they insist the external releases work around them.

That is semantics. Whether or not the 40K release ties in with the video game or the other way around is irrelevant, the point is, they tie in with each other.

Oakley 09-26-11 09:32 PM

Loving the look of that Pheonix Lord. It's great to seecompanies outside GW focusing on Eldar again.

MetalHandkerchief 09-26-11 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oakley (Post 1074418)
Loving the look of that Pheonix Lord. It's great to seecompanies outside GW focusing on Eldar again.

I like it too, just a shame everyone and their dog sculpts those ugly scenic bases onto the miniatures now a days :angry:

Djinn24 09-26-11 10:49 PM

I really wanna see the back story on this new PL and the followers.